Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am back from hobnobbing with my fellow wizards. One of my friends is where I am in agent hunting, revisions and generally pulling hair out phase of editing. I wish I could do more than commiserate. 

Back to revision for me now.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Tonight's dinner will be cold-cut subs.  The dc love to watch me try to eat my sandwich because I load it up and can hardly fit it into my mouth.  I like lots of toppings.  Meanwhile, some of the dc think that a few slices of salami and pepperoni on a roll is a sub.  

Dagwood has a few pointers for your kids.  They don't quite have the idea yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

My sub fell apart.  It was good, though.  :)

ham, turkey, bologna, salami, pepperoni, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado, pickle, mild banana peppers, mayo, oregano, olive oil, black olives.

Dagwood is going to stop by for a few pointers from you!

• Like 3

?  Yay!  It loaded! (The ITT, that is... it is sloooow on my computer, and often fails entirely; am I the only one with that problem?)

So... Hi!

We are slowly shifting into our spring/summer schedule here, but a whole lotta "stuff" is bogging me down: house repairs and plans for eventually selling it, a big week coming up with tons of events for a friend who is retiring, my parents' 50th anniversary reunion-party in June, most of the kids sick this past week....  

But James Taylor is playing and all is good.  Hugs and chocolate to all who need 'em!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Edpo. My used copies of Question Mark, Who is God, Swimming Creatures and Botany are here.

Who is Mark and why should we question him?  Is he a suspect?

19 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Imma in the bed. All my muscles are accusing me of cruel and unusual punishment. Revisions are done on this hard copy. I should get another chapter and work on it, but I am so tired.

You have done enough for today.  Listen to your muscles and give them some rest now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Junie said:

My sub fell apart.  It was good, though.  ?

ham, turkey, bologna, salami, pepperoni, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado, pickle, mild banana peppers, mayo, oregano, olive oil, black olives.

That sounds delicious!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's humph day!  Lynn, I see you are surviving the week so far...

I planted some (edible flower) nasturtium seeds but they have not sprouted yet.  

Might have to brave AFSA this morning.  Cello professor this afternoon.

Coffee!

Thanks!  The biggest part of the crazy hits this weekend.  

Hope your afternoon with the cello professor goes well!  

• Like 3

Yesterday on our walk, dd11 found a Very Small Baby Bird on the sidewalk.  We couldn't find a nest, tree, or shrub that it could have fallen out of, so dd brought it home.  He survived the night in his little nest of rags in a box on a heating pad and has gained some feathers and now lifts his head for food and he sat up for a bit.  Dd is feeding him rat food soaked and mushed in warm water with a dropper.

His name is Paco ("Pay-co").  I'm hoping he isn't a turkey vulture.  :laugh:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's humph day!  Lynn, I see you are surviving the week so far...

I planted some (edible flower) nasturtium seeds but they have not sprouted yet.  

Might have to brave AFSA this morning.  Cello professor this afternoon.

Coffee!

We planted nasturtium seeds, too. (Twinsies) They took a while, but they have sprouted. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yesterday on our walk, dd11 found a Very Small Baby Bird on the sidewalk.  We couldn't find a nest, tree, or shrub that it could have fallen out of, so dd brought it home.  He survived the night in his little nest of rags in a box on a heating pad and has gained some feathers and now lifts his head for food and he sat up for a bit.  Dd is feeding him rat food soaked and mushed in warm water with a dropper.

His name is Paco ("Pay-co").  I'm hoping he isn't a turkey vulture.  :laugh:

Yesterday we saw a young opossum walking on the road when we were taking DS1 to school. We have had a lot of them this year. He wasn’t around when we got back home, so we figured he found his mommy. I’m glad we didn’t see him smashed on the road.

• Like 1

DH’s brother is in the hospital with very mysterious symptoms. He had a mysterious virus that attacked his thyroid some years ago that took him months to recover from. Now they don’t know what he has. He’s on an antibiotic. He’s a wildlife biologist. (The coolest job evah),so they are wondering if he picked something up tramping through the woods or got bit by some weird bug or something.

• Sad 8

There are too many things to do. I think I will work from home. I am in full on war mode at work. It's tiring.

19 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

DH’s brother is in the hospital with very mysterious symptoms. He had a mysterious virus that attacked his thyroid some years ago that took him months to recover from. Now they don’t know what he has. He’s on an antibiotic. He’s a wildlife biologist. (The coolest job evah),so they are wondering if he picked something up tramping through the woods or got bit by some weird bug or something.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

What do you eat for breakfast in the morning? I am struggling with food burnout.

Greek yogurt with dark chocolate chips added in.  Depending on the yogurt flavor I also like to add in some berries.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

What do you eat for breakfast in the morning? I am struggling with food burnout.

A salad or veggies. I know that's weird.

1. It gets the day started off right.

2. I don't eat garbage for breakfast.

3. I get one veggie serving right off the bat.

4. Low insulin response so I'm not sick first thing in the morning.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Greek yogurt with dark chocolate chips added in.  Depending on the yogurt flavor I also like to add in some berries.

We had Greek yogurt this morning, too!  Ours was plain and we added strawberries and granola.

We have eggs at least 3 times a week, oatmeal once, and pancakes or waffles sometimes on Saturdays.

• Like 3