Menu

Ignore this thread!

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We had Greek yogurt this morning, too!  Ours was plain and we added strawberries and granola.

We have eggs at least 3 times a week, oatmeal once, and pancakes or waffles sometimes on Saturdays.

Chocolate chips > granola

?  

Also, I'm allergic to (almost all) granola.

• Haha 1

Got at doctor's appointment at a time that will work with being ds' taxi driver again.  With MIL in the process of dying, I just can't let myself get to the place where I was up until yesterday.  I have to be mobile.  (This is two doctor's appointments in two days but because of the way bones, muscles and tendons work, I feel like yesterday's fix is coming undone.  The longer I can stay put together, the longer my body will be able to hold itself together on it's own.  Does that make sense?  If it doesn't, too bad.  I don't know how to explain it!)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Got at doctor's appointment at a time that will work with being ds' taxi driver again.  With MIL in the process of dying, I just can't let myself get to the place where I was up until yesterday.  I have to be mobile.  (This is two doctor's appointments in two days but because of the way bones, muscles and tendons work, I feel like yesterday's fix is coming undone.  The longer I can stay put together, the longer my body will be able to hold itself together on it's own.  Does that make sense?  If it doesn't, too bad.  I don't know how to explain it!)

Kind of like tuning a piano or a violin.  Ish.  Makes sense to me!  

• Like 1

I've spent hours ironing on name labels onto clothing. It's the season where you need a jacket in the morning and take it off and lose it in the afternoon.  I'm hoping $20 in labels + hours of my life = returned clothing.  I went only with our last name, so I can still hand down clothing between children....but my friend was brilliant in that she included her phone number (traveling sports).

• Like 2

Just now, prairiewindmomma said:

but not her trunk or legs?  

no.  (Though isn't her back part of her trunk? )

I think that it is allergic overload even though she had skin prick tests and tested negative to all allergens that they tested a couple of years ago.  (And she was testing positively to things in an elimination type situation which the allergist doesn't recognize as "legitimate" - since all he saw as legitimate was the skin prick test.)

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

no.  (Though isn't her back part of her trunk? )

I think that it is allergic overload even though she had skin prick tests and tested negative to all allergens that they tested a couple of years ago.  (And she was testing positively to things in an elimination type situation which the allergist doesn't recognize as "legitimate" - since all he saw as legitimate was the skin prick test.)

Sorry, should've said chest and belly....

We're all having allergy overload here, too. It's dang miserable.  If she hasn't tried adding zantac (generic is ranitidine) or other h2 inhibitor to her zyrtec or other generic 12 hr antihistamine....it does help.  I'll keep my fingers crossed it's normal allergies and not autoimmune or food issues popping up.

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Sorry, should've said chest and belly....

We're all having allergy overload here, too. It's dang miserable.  If she hasn't tried adding zantac (generic is ranitidine) or other h2 inhibitor to her zyrtec or other generic 12 hr antihistamine....it does help.  I'll keep my fingers crossed it's normal allergies and not autoimmune or food issues popping up.

She already has one diagnosed autoimmune problem (celiac) and is waiting for test results for a second (type 1 diabetes).  And she is "allergic" to nightshades (according to how she reacts to eating them even though she tested negatively to the skin prick test on those as well.)  Stupid skin prick test. . . 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

She already has one diagnosed autoimmune problem (celiac) and is waiting for test results for a second (type 1 diabetes).  And she is "allergic" to nightshades (according to how she reacts to eating them even though she tested negatively to the skin prick test on those as well.)  Stupid skin prick test. . . 

When we had dd19 do the skin prick test, the dr. said it was really just seeing what your skin was allergic to.  If you skin-tested as allergic to coconut and almonds, but you regularly eat coconut and almonds without a reaction, then by all means keep eating them.  Just don't put them on your skin.  So basically it was all pointless, and I've refused to have any of my other kids go through that nonsense.  Stupid skin prick test...

oh awesome!  A Skin Prick Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 2

Hi. I danced and schooled, but that's about it. Meatloaf! Finally!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dd keeps breaking out in hives all over her back and arms. 

Mine get worse with stress.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Does that mean gypsy style shirts will finally go away?  ?

NO!

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

When we had dd19 do the skin prick test, the dr. said it was really just seeing what your skin was allergic to.  If you skin-tested as allergic to coconut and almonds, but you regularly eat coconut and almonds without a reaction, then by all means keep eating them.  Just don't put them on your skin.  So basically it was all pointless, and I've refused to have any of my other kids go through that nonsense.  Stupid skin prick test...

oh awesome!  A Skin Prick Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

1. Interesting! 2. FTFY.

• Like 2

We went to have the trial lesson with the Cello Professor.  :svengo:  She is every bit as extraordinary as has been rumored.  She had ds13 play a piece for her and then she asked if there was anything in particular he was wanting to work on.  He pointed out a passage and she had him do a particular exercise and within 3 minutes it was improved 300% - and ds13 was really pleased.  She was super patient and clear and had interesting and effective ways to practice different skills.  When we got home, ds asked if I thought we might get to have another lesson with her some time.  :biggrin:

• Like 8

Chapter 21 revisions in. Played around with my query letter and conferred with writing buddies about the same. Chapter 22 printed and ready to edit. Pizza baked and consumed. School done. House swept and dishes running. Is it bedtime yet?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

1 Hostess fruit pie has 480 calories.  I wonder how well they travel in a backpack?  We are a little low in calories overall.

Time to sleep! 

I love Hostess fruit pies!!  I haven't had one in over a decade.  Therefore, you all must eat a bunch in my stead.  I'm particularly fond of the lemon and peach flavors.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

1 Hostess fruit pie has 480 calories.  I wonder how well they travel in a backpack?  We are a little low in calories overall.

Time to sleep! 

Larabars! High calories, less sugar, pretty healthy. Also solid, so no squishy concerns.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Junie said:

I love Hostess fruit pies!!  I haven't had one in over a decade.  Therefore, you all must eat a bunch in my stead.  I'm particularly fond of the lemon and peach flavors.  

I didn't know they made such exotic flavors!

6 hours ago, Slache said:

Larabars! High calories, less sugar, pretty healthy. Also solid, so no squishy concerns.

I will check them out!  We have to avoid most high quality bars because the only nuts allowed in the food are peanuts and almonds and all seeds and seed oils are out (especially sunflower and sesame.)

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! I've missed you.

Bookie!!! ❤️  So good to see you and your loveliness!  How are you and the family?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!!

Good morning!

I had a dream last night that a local church youth group was going around the neighborhood and cleaning houses and doing all their yard work.  Somehow they knew exactly where everything needed to be put away!  (Wish they would teach my kids that skill! :laugh: )

• Like 5