Menu

Ignore this thread!

So, Italian? That's really what I was asking.

Okay, so I tried to pull the wrapper from the trash can to look, but, ewwww, no.

I just googled sausage types instead, and yes, I’m almost positive it was the Italian kind, because it looked [editing out description which was rather unappetizing for a food conversation]. Just like the picture Google showed me. So, yes, to answer your question, it was Italian.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2

I totally get it. I have the most wonderful children in the world, but I can't stand kids between like 3 and 8. They're way too much. Too much noise, too much energy, too much noise, too much mess, too much noise and they're too loud. It's not them, it's me. You're still a good mom. I'm still a good mom. It's all good. And loud. With lots of noise.

See, I love 3-8. Maybe not as much as I love 0-3, but 3-8 was really good too. They are funny, and affectionate, and pretty easy to please. I especially love 3-8mos, which Baby is in the middle of. Soooo cute, smiley, happy, and cuddly and almost zero capacity to get into trouble or talk back.  :001_wub: Teens aren't bad either because they are finally more intelligent and reasonable. They can be real jerks sometimes too, but I feel like I can actually have significant and intelligent communication. And I remember when I was a kid about 8-11 and I thought I was really deep and smart and my parents say I was too. I don't know what's up with these kids- maybe puberty starting earlier and they get moody. I think I was smarter than my kids. 

My kids are going to be short, ds17 being the exception.  He is close to 5'10 -- quite a few inches taller than me and dh.

Dd7 is probably going to be the shortest of all.  Her growth chart predicts maybe 4'10.

My older DDs constantly moan about how unfair it is that they are short. They aren't expected to grow much more, if any, and I don't think they've hit 5' yet. Poor things...I'll be happy to remain taller than them!  :D I think I'd rather be short than super tall. It's easier to blend in and I can hide in small places which for some reason has always seemed like a really valuable quality. DS is only about 5'5, but I think he has a chance. He obviously takes after my side of the family and half of the men in my family have been really tall and half have been super tiny. The tall ones didn't really shoot up until 18+ so he has time. 

• Like 2

Well,  let me think! Fractions, decimals, time. 

We've tried Dreambox, Prodigy, and IXL. Kids hated IXL; it was like worksheets on the computer. Prodigy was great if you knew the concept but needed practice, and Dreambox was the best for teaching or reteaching a concept. 

• Like 2

It should be in the 70s for the next couple of days. I'm so excited! I will take Doggy on all the walks, and practice all the agility, and maybe go to a park or something, and just enjoy not being cold. I will drink cold icy drinks. My kids are the opposite- they are sad and not looking forward to the week because it will be "hot."  :confused1:

• Like 6

I only worked like 5 hours today! Dc and dh had a day off. We got our chores done early, so when I got home I made lotion. Dh had been asking and I had gotten lazy.

My family has been asking me to make more toothpaste. But Dancer had used the coconut oil in her hair, and instead of scooping some out separately, had kept dipping her fingers in the container.  :wacko:  I still haven't bought more, and it's been a few months since they ran out. (yes, they have store-bought stuff too)

• Like 1

EdPo:

Does anyone have any recommendations for summer support in math? DD2 struggles in math. Not enough so that I think she needs to repeat a grade, but I'm thinking I want her to continue to do math during the summer. I thought about getting her a cheap 3rd grade math workbook (we're doing CLE now) and having her work through it, just to review what she knows and reteach what she is not grasping. 

Homeschool Buyers Coop usually has a free subscription to some online math program over the summer. But, it IS online. It is easy to pick and choose the areas needed and work through it. But, it's online. Don't know how you feel about that. Dancer has done things on it every other summer or so.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the Mooies is bigger than dd7.  I weighed her and measured her a few weeks ago and I believe she was 37 inches and 37 pounds -- at age 7 1/2.  She is really tiny.

She's about the same as Gymnast. Gymnast can't hit 40 pounds to save her life. She keeps trying though. If she'd only BE STILL sometimes! I can't remember how tall she is; about as tall as yours, I'm sure.

• Like 3

My family has been asking me to make more toothpaste. But Dancer had used the coconut oil in her hair, and instead of scooping some out separately, had kept dipping her fingers in the container.  :wacko:  I still haven't bought more, and it's been a few months since they ran out. (yes, they have store-bought stuff too)

Why do you use coconut oil in your toothpaste?

My family has been asking me to make more toothpaste. But Dancer had used the coconut oil in her hair, and instead of scooping some out separately, had kept dipping her fingers in the container. :wacko: I still haven't bought more, and it's been a few months since they ran out. (yes, they have store-bought stuff too)

We are going to need this recipe!

• Like 1

Why do you use coconut oil in your toothpaste?

Minerals. Along with the other stuff, it helps remineralize the teeth. Dancer has healed two cavities with it already. (Her last appointment they mentioned two very small cavities, but didn't ask how the other two disappeared...). 

• Like 3

My 168 hours book suggests I save time around the house by paying someone to do my laundry, going out to eat, and hiring a cleaning service. I will manage this by not buying new cars every year, canceling the cable and shopping less. Do you know when the last time was I went shopping? Last tax return. I got a fitness tracker, shoes, pants and fillings. This year I'm getting shoes, pants and blood work. My last pair of pants have holes and my feet hurt daily and the whole trip is going to cost $200.

I don't like this book. She also says that SAHMs spend the same amount of time with their kids as working moms so I may as well get a job so I can afford a maid service. I'm almost finished so I'm going to finish it but this woman lives in a different world than I do.

• Like 4

My 168 hours book suggests I save time around the house by paying someone to do my laundry, going out to eat, and hiring a cleaning service. I will manage this by not buying new cars every year, canceling the cable and shopping less. Do you know when the last time was I went shopping? Last tax return. I got a fitness tracker, shoes, pants and fillings. This year I'm getting shoes, pants and blood work. My last pair of pants have holes and my feet hurt daily and the whole trip is going to cost $200.

I don't like this book. She also says that SAHMs spend the same amount of time with their kids as working moms so I may as well get a job so I can afford a maid service. I'm almost finished so I'm going to finish it but this woman lives in a different world than I do.

:lol: She may be living in trust-fund baby society.

• Like 5

That would be an irritating read.

• Like 3

🙄. WHo ARE these women? ARe there really more “ladies who lunch†out there than people like us? Then again, I supposein my life I naturally would never run into people like that. But yeah, when I was looking at planner stickers I was surprised how they would have pages and pages for cofffee dates and mani pedis.

Like aliens from a planet I have no desire to visit.

You girls just need Gwyneth Paltrow's books. She'll tell you how to live.

:mellow:

• Like 6

Good morning!

I have determined that what my cat really likes isn't so much the tuna she gets with her Cosequin, but rather Tuna Tea.  She is picky about her tuna -- canned in water, not oil.  I have found that if I give her less actual fish and more of the tuna water she is very happy.  I have taken to adding more water to the container of tuna each day when I take out her serving, letting the tuna "steep" in the fridge until the next day.  She seems quite pleased with this.

#noexpensivetastes

#prefersditchwaterandplantpotwatertocleanwaterinabowl

• Like 5

You know, I've always thought that it would be cost effective to truck rain from places with too much to places where there is too little. 

Or we can build a pipeline to various terminals, and truck the water from there.

• Like 1

Good morning!

I have determined that what my cat really likes isn't so much the tuna she gets with her Cosequin, but rather Tuna Tea.  She is picky about her tuna -- canned in water, not oil.  I have found that if I give her less actual fish and more of the tuna water she is very happy.  I have taken to adding more water to the container of tuna each day when I take out her serving, letting the tuna "steep" in the fridge until the next day.  She seems quite pleased with this.

#noexpensivetastes

#prefersditchwaterandplantpotwatertocleanwaterinabowl

I do this for the Princess. Except she does NOT like cold food, so I add a bit of hot water and stir with my finger to make sure the it's just right. :mellow:

• Like 7

It took me 3 kids to realize that 10yos are not my best age. Maybe 8-11, really- that older kid/tween age? I struggle. It's not them, it's me. 

That sounds about right.  The first kid could be simply luck of the draw.  The second kid could simply be a coincidence, an anomaly.  Three kids in a row, though, starts to support the idea that the common denominators need examining.

In our house the teen years seem to be more of a challenge, though certain niblings certainly support the tween-age hypothesis.

I saved my puppet theater from dh's great Schoolroom of Doom Purge of 2018. (To a resigned sigh from him and an "I told ya so" from dd.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you are letting him get rid of stuff, right?  So you are being completely reasonable and only keeping what is still needed and/or special.

Day 36 step goal crushed and I haven't even cooked supper yet.  Or gone to the Y.  This puppy is going to be the death of me.  Or the one who gets all the glory for my weight loss. 

Just remember you had gotten in about a month of this higher step goal and got rid of at least 7 pounds (iirc) before the puppy.  The puppy can SHARE the glory, but you are doing a lot of it yourself.

• Like 3

🙄. WHo ARE these women? ARe there really more “ladies who lunch†out there than people like us? Then again, I supposein my life I naturally would never run into people like that. But yeah, when I was looking at planner stickers I was surprised how they would have pages and pages for cofffee dates and mani pedis.

Like aliens from a planet I have no desire to visit.

I know, right? I have a girlfriend who comes to my place once a month for coffee and chatting. She makes twice what Matt does but she has student loans and we have coffee here. Because we can't afford to go out! I'm sure we could manage the price of a Starbucks, but she rotates girlfriends weekly meaning $4 a week. That would be $200 a year. No. My couch is fine. And a mani-pedi? :svengo:

You girls just need Gwyneth Paltrow's books. She'll tell you how to live.

:mellow:

I'm told I look like her, so I guess I should read it. Doesn't she put ice up her butt or something?

That would be an, "Oh, h*ll no am I reading this carp" read around here.

There's some good stuff in here, I just get so tired of upper class people telling me to buy this, invest and hire out. My mother used to harass me about putting $400 a month away. $400. "It's less than a car payment" she would say. No, mom, it's more than twice our car payment. She used to irritate the crap out of me. "How much is your cable?" "We don't have cable." "Really? What do you do with your extra $150 a month?" "We don't have an extra $150 a month." Oh, I so don't miss her lectures.
  • Like 5

So many thoughts:

Moron.

Hmmm. I think I spend maybe an hour or two of cumulative time all day most days without Baby literally in my arms or close enough to touch within a second. But, yeah, most working moms do the same....sadly, I'm sure many wish they could and I'm lucky. 

I know it's not the same but on any given weekday, even with kids in school, I spend twice as much time with the kids as DH. He often sees them only for about 1-2hours a day and his hours aren't too bad these days. 

This lady got published and Critter has received rejections??!!

Because we all are so dumb that the only reason we don't have nice things or people to do nice things for us is because we're dumb. 

• Like 6

This cough is driving me nuts.  I'm getting ready for bed and getting out the Vicks.  Night.   :seeya:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope you feel better today.

This morning DD13 is really dragging again, though she made it through the shower without getting dizzy.  I might have her stay home from ballet today, which would work out in my favor anyway.  DH is expecting a delivery of fence-fixing supplies (pickets, posts, cement), and the time window the automated system gave is right when DD13 has ballet.  I had been telling her I might drop her off and come pick her up after the delivery arrived.

I must be here to point to where to put the wood, and to get them to put the cement INSIDE the garage.  We are due a bunch of rain tomorrow.

• Like 2

Y'all are getting me hooked on this thread. I don't know if I have the long haul commitment though. I might be a fly by visitor.

I'm not much of baby gal once they start being obnoxious. The first few months are great and then I just can't wait until they're around 5. Then they hit the preteen years and they exhaust me again. At around 14 they turn around for the better again.

Fly in and fly out as needed.  You might just find that visiting here regularly helps your sanity, however, so don't leave it too long between visits.   :laugh:

• Like 3

I am very impressed by Jean's step streak. I've decided to go out in the mornings before Matt leaves but it's 26 degrees outside. Later this week should be better. I'm thinking Monday through Friday and take the kids on Saturday. It's too cold to take them daily. :(

• Like 4

So many thoughts:

Moron.

Hmmm. I think I spend maybe an hour or two of cumulative time all day most days without Baby literally in my arms or close enough to touch within a second. But, yeah, most working moms do the same....sadly, I'm sure many wish they could and I'm lucky. 

I know it's not the same but on any given weekday, even with kids in school, I spend twice as much time with the kids as DH. He often sees them only for about 1-2hours a day and his hours aren't too bad these days. 

Because we all are so dumb that the only reason we don't have nice things or people to do nice things for us is because we're dumb.

I know! I have given up so much to be a SAHM. We could have a house right now. I would love a yard. I run my children like dogs. We'd have a garden. And I'd get Alex a puppy. His love for dogs is astounding. I want him to have a puppy even if I don't want a puppy.

• Like 1

I don’t like it when people make cool monstrous crafts out of beautiful old books. It’s like Cruella deVille seeing adorable puppies and thinking, “so cute! Even cuterwhen I murder and skin them and wear them as a coat!â€

FTFY.  Bibliocide is a horrible crime.

• Like 3

Yes! Murdering books should not be a thing.

I am really cold and I can’t warm up. I am wearing a fleece and socks but I need a hat. I no longer own a good winter hat (because of my time in TX). Suggestions? Warm + waterproof + washable—-it’d be a lovely trifecta.

Get a washable rain jacket big enough to layer over your fleece.  This is what we bought ourselves for that Alaskan trip last year, since we were forewarned we would need the various layers apart or in combination over the course of the trip.  Worked like a charm, and we still use the various layers down here in TX.

I gave myself a shot.  Hopefully it will start working right away so that I can walk better tomorrow.

G'night, y'all.  :)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope you are feeling better today.

• Like 1

It should be in the 70s for the next couple of days. I'm so excited! I will take Doggy on all the walks, and practice all the agility, and maybe go to a park or something, and just enjoy not being cold. I will drink cold icy drinks. My kids are the opposite- they are sad and not looking forward to the week because it will be "hot."  :confused1:

I'm with you on the temps (though I like cold, too), unless it is muggy and buggy.  Then I am with your kids on this.

It is a mark of my love and devotion that I not only followed now-DH down the SE TX, but I am STILL HERE after all these years.  The things we do for love!

So many thoughts:

Moron.

Non-fiction is a different animal. Even the submission process is different.

As it stands, I expect to be told to do things with social media that are impossible for me to do where I live. The expectations in different parts of society are just very different. 

I really enjoyed Overwhelmed--but the differences between the author's lifestyle, her expectations of herself, and societies expectations of her were very different from what I experience. Not better or worse exactly, just different.

• Like 2

So many thoughts:

Moron.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? There's the answer to our your problems. RIGHT THERE. You can just put it in book form, make your squillions, VIOLA, we have an island!

"All You People Are SOSOSO Dumb. Here's What To Do To Have A Great Life," by Paige. In one little tome you will have summed up the majority of the non-fiction best-sellers list.

• Like 7

So many thoughts:

Moron.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? There's the answer to our your problems. RIGHT THERE. You can just put it in book form, make your squillions, VIOLA, we have an island!

"All You People Are SOSOSO Dumb. Here's What To Do To Have A Great Life," by Paige. In one little tome you will have summed up the majority of the non-fiction best-sellers list.

Oh, and Paige? Please be sure that you purchase a tropical island with our your squillions. For some reason that's very important to me today. :mellow:

• Like 9

Wow.  Just wow.  Where did she get her "data" to support her conclusions?