Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Slept much better last night. I’m thinking my hotflashes may be an allergic reaction to something, because I took 2 Benadryl before I went to bed and slept fine all night.🛌🛌

Tuesday!!ðŸ‘👠School for everyone!!

• Like 3

I know, right? I have a girlfriend who comes to my place once a month for coffee and chatting. She makes twice what Matt does but she has student loans and we have coffee here. Because we can't afford to go out! I'm sure we could manage the price of a Starbucks, but she rotates girlfriends weekly meaning $4 a week. That would be $200 a year. No. My couch is fine. And a mani-pedi? :svengo:

I'm told I look like her, so I guess I should read it. Doesn't she put ice up her butt or something?

There's some good stuff in here, I just get so tired of upper class people telling me to buy this, invest and hire out. My mother used to harass me about putting $400 a month away. $400. "It's less than a car payment" she would say. No, mom, it's more than twice our car payment. She used to irritate the crap out of me. "How much is your cable?" "We don't have cable." "Really? What do you do with your extra $150 a month?" "We don't have an extra $150 a month." Oh, I so don't miss her lectures.

What would be the purpose of icing that area?  Or shouldn't I ask?

You know what I'd like to see on the non-fiction list of Self-Help/Get Your Life In Order/Don't Waste Time books? I'd like to see two women team up to write a book from both sides of the spectrum--the folks who save money by not buying a new car every year and not getting pedicures, and the folks who save money by eating beans and rice three times a week, growing their own lettuce in their windowsills in recycled strawberry baskets and finding deals on art lessons for their kids by looking at every flyer in town and bargaining for discounts for multiple children.

I would buy that book.

ETA: It's a Manuscript Wishlist Booyah!

Non-fiction writers,

Write me a book,

Make it of interest,

With a strong hook.

Then when it's sold,

We'll retire in ease,

To a tropical island,

And do as we please.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 10

Good morning!

I have determined that what my cat really likes isn't so much the tuna she gets with her Cosequin, but rather Tuna Tea. She is picky about her tuna -- canned in water, not oil. I have found that if I give her less actual fish and more of the tuna water she is very happy. I have taken to adding more water to the container of tuna each day when I take out her serving, letting the tuna "steep" in the fridge until the next day. She seems quite pleased with this.

#noexpensivetastes

#prefersditchwaterandplantpotwatertocleanwaterinabowl

Sounds like your cat would get along great with the lady in Slashie’s book.
  • Like 1

Minerals. Along with the other stuff, it helps remineralize the teeth. Dancer has healed two cavities with it already. (Her last appointment they mentioned two very small cavities, but didn't ask how the other two disappeared...).

I should try that toothpaste. My girls have terrible teeth.
  • Like 1

It's a jungle down here today. Woke up to a thunderstorm and it's hotter outside than it is in the house. I expect tornadoes next.

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:   Listen up, tornadoes!  Yes, I'm talking to you.  I'M WATCHING YOU.  YOU WILL STAY AWAY FROM CRITTER'S PLACES.

• Like 3

I'm dragging this morning. I'd love to call off the school day and go back to bed, but I bet I wouldn't sleep. There are a million ladybugs climbing over my windows. The warm weather has brought them out of hibernation.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Both DDs can barely move this morning.  I think it's the weather approaching.

• Like 1

My 168 hours book suggests I save time around the house by paying someone to do my laundry, going out to eat, and hiring a cleaning service. I will manage this by not buying new cars every year, canceling the cable and shopping less. Do you know when the last time was I went shopping? Last tax return. I got a fitness tracker, shoes, pants and fillings. This year I'm getting shoes, pants and blood work. My last pair of pants have holes and my feet hurt daily and the whole trip is going to cost $200.

I don't like this book. She also says that SAHMs spend the same amount of time with their kids as working moms so I may as well get a job so I can afford a maid service. I'm almost finished so I'm going to finish it but this woman lives in a different world than I do.

I hate it when you look at lists and things like, “15 things you can do today to save yourself all this $$†And i’m Already doing all of them. The only time I go to Starbucks is when I have a gift card. We don’t have cable, my car is 14 years old, we rarely eat out and except for doing this StitchFix thing, which I now do quarterly, most of my clothes come from Costco or Walmart.
  • Like 5

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? There's the answer to our your problems. RIGHT THERE. You can just put it in book form, make your squillions, VIOLA, we have an island!

"All You People Are SOSOSO Dumb. Here's What To Do To Have A Great Life," by Paige. In one little tome you will have summed up the majority of the non-fiction best-sellers list.

Ohmygosh! You are so right!! That is my next career move. I will write a self help series for dumb people, which is obviously everyone but the ITT. But not Dummies, because that's been done. 

First book: Why You are Poor: because you're dumb, but I can help.

Second book: Why Your Kids are Bullied: because you're dumb, but I can help.

Third book: Why Your Cat Hates You: because you're dumb, but I can help.

Fourth book: Why You're Fat: because you're dumb, but I can help.

• Like 10

Wow.  Just wow.  Where did she get her "data" to support her conclusions?

American time use survey or something like that. I actually kept a log for a week and realized I was incorrect about how I thought I spent my time. One of the good things in the book.

What would be the purpose of icing that area?  Or shouldn't I ask?

To get people to talk about and thus buy her book?

I hate it when you look at lists and things like, “15 things you can do today to save yourself all this $$†And i’m Already doing all of them. The only time I go to Starbucks is when I have a gift card. We don’t have cable, my car is 14 years old, we rarely eat out and except for doing this StitchFix thing, which I now do quarterly, most of my clothes come from Costco or Walmart.

I refuse to spend decedent money on clothes as long as I'm actively trying to lose weight.

In unrelated news, I just ate an ant. :ack2:

Protein.
  • Like 3

Ohmygosh! You are so right!! That is my next career move. I will write a self help series for dumb people, which is obviously everyone but the ITT. But not Dummies, because that's been done. 

First book: Why You are Poor: because you're dumb, but I can help.

Second book: Why Your Kids are Bullied: because you're dumb, but I can help.

Third book: Why Your Cat Hates You: because you're dumb, but I can help.

Fourth book: Why You're Fat: because you're dumb, but I can help.

WOO-HOO!!!! ITT Island, here we come! :party:

(But don't stop writing, Critter. Just in case.)

• Like 8

Slache, I would have to stop reading and throw that book in the trash!!

I can't stand to hear people who visit gyms and play leisure sports and lunch with friends and nights out with friends (not that *I* want to do any of that so no, I'm not jealous) COMPLAIN about the dumbest stuff! Music too loud in the gym or wrong station or not being notified when someone goes potty (that's just a metaphor?). I'm like, "People! Some of us can't afford the sports clothing, lunches out, etc. But most of all, some people don't have FOOD OR CLEAN WATER TO DRINK!!"

Eons ago DH and I used to attend a Tai Chi class at a local community fitness place.  We were always amazed by the people lined up waiting for closer-in parking spaces, instead of walking from the plentiful open spots just 5 spaces away.  I mean really, what kind of people come to a place to work out in a class, wait for a closer parking space instead of simply walking just a few yards further, and then complain about being late for their class?  We understood about the people with younger kids, equipment to lug in, or physical limitations.  But unencumbered people in better shape than we were?  Boggling.

• Like 2

In Virginia, we had cows come through our yard each Friday night for a few weeks.

When I lived up in the mountains I had a very black cow come eat dirt out of my driveway during the night.  I nearly plowed into that beast in the dark, coming home quite late.  It was the day-glow green ear tag that saved us both.

• Like 1

Eons ago DH and I used to attend a Tai Chi class at a local community fitness place.  We were always amazed by the people lined up waiting for closer-in parking spaces, instead of walking from the plentiful open spots just 5 spaces away.  I mean really, what kind of people come to a place to work out in a class, wait for a closer parking space instead of simply walking just a few yards further, and then complain about being late for their class?  We understood about the people with younger kids, equipment to lug in, or physical limitations.  But unencumbered people in better shape than we were?  Boggling.

I can't judge those people. I will work out until I'm in a puddle of my own sweat and crying from the pain and feel glorious doing it, but if my weights are in the back of the closet I can't be bothered. I have no idea why my brain works that way, but it does.

• Like 2

I've lived where parking closer was a good idea if you would be working until after dark. We did have a security guard to walk us to our cars, though. 

I could get that.  But this was Saturday mornings, in broad daylight during a busy time of day, and if you parked a little further away from the door you could actually get out of the parking lot quicker and easier afterwards.

• Like 1

I can't judge those people. I will work out until I'm in a puddle of my own sweat and crying from the pain and feel glorious doing it, but if my weights are in the back of the closet I can't be bothered. I have no idea why my brain works that way, but it does.

I think you must be right, it must be something about minds and motivation.

Or maybe it's about the a/c.  Sweating in the a/c during a workout IS a lot nicer than sweating just as much just walking into the place from your car.

#gottalovethesummershere

• Like 2

I have folded and put away all of DD13's clean laundry.

I have washed, dried, folded, and put away the kitchen laundry.

I have done more to clean out the fridge (leftover Indian food for breakfast), and searched online for recipes (too much bones and gristle for my liking in my take-out Chicken Mahkani).

I have caught up here.

I have declared independent work day today due to DD13's sinus wooziness, and notified the dance studio she won't be there for ballet today.  Aikido this evening is questionable.

I should clean some bathrooms and the kitchen while I try to think of what else I need to get done today/this week.

#timetobeproductive

• Like 3

Daddy update: 

Yesterday, the doctors decided to put in a trach and a feeding tube. He's been intubated for 7 days. The longest they can keep you intubated is 14 days. After that, the risk of infection rises. They also weren't happy that he was still on sedation, so the trach and feeding tube would let them be more aggressive.

Mom said he's a lot more relaxed with the trach. She said he is off sedation and as of 9 this morning, he had been breathing on his own. The ventilator is hooked up for help as needed, but so far, he's been doing well on his own. 

He has been "doing" physical therapy the last couple of days and the therapist is happy with how strong he is. 

They want to fit him for a helmet today. He can not begin to sit up or get out of bed until his head is protected. (He has a bone flap missing on the left side. So, until they reinsert the bone plate in the summer, he will have to wear a helmet. 

His journey is long. He will be in ICU approximately 2 more weeks. After that, he will move to the 5th floor for a few weeks (6-8 weeks total for the hospital stay). Then, he'll have to go to the rehab facility for 3 weeks. 
So, we're looking at May before he is home. 

Mom and John made me come home - it was originally intended to be just for 2 days, but I have no childcare for the kiddo so I would just be hanging out at the house. We'll go back on the weekends to check on him.
It was so hard to leave last night, but I finally feel like he's not going to die if I'm not there and we can't keep our lives in disarray until May. :/ 

Anyway, happy times! He's alive and the doctors are thrilled with his progress. God has been so good and we literally have people all over the world praying for him!

• Like 16

Daddy update: 

Yesterday, the doctors decided to put in a trach and a feeding tube. He's been intubated for 7 days. The longest they can keep you intubated is 14 days. After that, the risk of infection rises. They also weren't happy that he was still on sedation, so the trach and feeding tube would let them be more aggressive.

Mom said he's a lot more relaxed with the trach. She said he is off sedation and as of 9 this morning, he had been breathing on his own. The ventilator is hooked up for help as needed, but so far, he's been doing well on his own. 

He has been "doing" physical therapy the last couple of days and the therapist is happy with how strong he is. 

They want to fit him for a helmet today. He can not begin to sit up or get out of bed until his head is protected. (He has a bone flap missing on the left side. So, until they reinsert the bone plate in the summer, he will have to wear a helmet. 

His journey is long. He will be in ICU approximately 2 more weeks. After that, he will move to the 5th floor for a few weeks (6-8 weeks total for the hospital stay). Then, he'll have to go to the rehab facility for 3 weeks. 

So, we're looking at May before he is home. 

Mom and John made me come home - it was originally intended to be just for 2 days, but I have no childcare for the kiddo so I would just be hanging out at the house. We'll go back on the weekends to check on him.

It was so hard to leave last night, but I finally feel like he's not going to die if I'm not there and we can't keep our lives in disarray until May. :/ 

Anyway, happy times! He's alive and the doctors are thrilled with his progress. God has been so good and we literally have people all over the world praying for him!

That is going to be a long, long time. Goodness. :grouphug:  and I'm glad he continues to improve.

• Like 2

That is going to be a long, long time. Goodness. :grouphug:  and I'm glad he continues to improve.

Yes, it's a very long time. I'm so happy that workman's comp is covering everything. I can't even begin to imagine the cost we're already at! 

How old is your dad, Heather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you mean me? I'm Mary. ;) 

Dad is 61. 

• Like 6

I think you must be right, it must be something about minds and motivation.

Or maybe it's about the a/c.  Sweating in the a/c during a workout IS a lot nicer than sweating just as much just walking into the place from your car.

#gottalovethesummershere

Maybe they know they'll feel like crawling to the car when they leave and want to be as close as possible so they don't die. I had this one class years ago that if I didn't have pride I would have crawled to the car. As it was, I had to crawl up the stairs when I got home and even pride couldn't help! #didnotgoback

• Like 4

:lol: She may be living in trust-fund baby society.

You guys wanna hear me rant about "stop cable"?

I HAVE NEVER HAD A NEW CAR. I have never had cable. I have taken ONE vacation that was not paid by work in my LIFE. I am 40 and I make a good salary and have been part of a dual income couple for all but two years after my divorce and then we ate beans 4 nights a week.

I HATE HATE HATE with the burning passion of a thousand suns the "financial advice" of Baby Boomers from the midwest. I don't have a Caddy, people! We have 12-year-old boots, chipped coffee mugs, a midcentury house with a moldy bathroom floor, I take the bus to work and have done so for all but two years in which I had a child in daycare and I was a single mom and working and then it was an old car.

I buy the store brands and I have the store coupon card. My whole life!

And then of course I could cut. I could cut my data plan on my phone (stupid for a professional since I make up the monthly charge in one hour by maintaining a professional status at my job). But mainly, the cuts that would enable us to have more would be eating less meat ($50/week? Maybe? On a fancy week?), our twice a month eating out, which we do because we have two working parents, and... nothing else really. I save literally everything else and it's still not what I'm supposed to save, horrifyingly. I might go to Starbucks once a month. I buy new books once a month.

Do people not realize what daycare costs?!? I have spent over $60,000 on daycare and school related expenses alone! Work so you can save money with tiny kids? Long run fine but right now? AHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO  :willy_nilly: /rant

• Like 5

"The art of inefficient gardening" by Jean in Newcastle. 

"The art of inefficient housekeeping" by the same.

The only one super efficient around here is Juliet who always manages to poop or pee in those one or two minute intervals when I need to go to the bathroom myself or am pulling the garbage can up from the curb. 

• Like 7