Menu

Ignore this thread!

Sounds like the gut health code?

I am currently on a diet of extra probiotics to gently introduce probiotics back into my system after the antibiotics. Thank you all for your advice. I am drinking kombucha (not my favorite but I'm remembering Russia as I drink it!!!) and making my own pokembap (poke-bibimbap) for lunch, with extra kimchi!

Yes, I meant Prairie but the advice applies in general.

It's about insulin resistance and hormonal balance through fasting.

We went to a pet store where Juliet picked out some new toys . She’s not spoiled.... nope, not her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the entire point of having a dog. I think everyone should get a dog after their last baby so they spoil something other than the baby.
  • Like 4

It's about insulin resistance and hormonal balance through fasting.

Ah. That makes sense. I'm pro-fast. It's very good for resetting your body. But it needs to be set externally otherwise it's easy to get into anorexia for some people. Like it can't be "see how much you can do it" which  creates issues.

• Like 2

Ah. That makes sense. I'm pro-fast. It's very good for resetting your body. But it needs to be set externally otherwise it's easy to get into anorexia for some people. Like it can't be "see how much you can do it" which  creates issues.

Years ago I knew one guy who would fast whenever he got stressed because it gave him something he could control entirely.  He was very stressed the year he admitted that to me.  I did suggest that maybe an alternative coping mechanism might be warranted.

• Like 1

Alex opened the olive oil, Alex threw the olive oil, Matt cleaned the olive oil.

Yesterday I ordered an "Autumn salad" which had a bacon dressing.  I'm eating the rest of the salad now.  They must have put chili flakes in the bacon dressing because this salad is spicy! 

Or garlic.

• Like 1

Alex opened the olive oil, Alex threw the olive oil, Matt cleaned the olive oil.

Or garlic.

Is garlic spicy?  I've never thought of it being that way.  And it doesn't smell or taste like garlic.  It makes my tongue hurt.  But I ate it anyway.  Cuz I was raised by parents who went through the Great Depression and it rubbed off on me. 

• Like 2

Just got back from Dad's.  He wanted a haircut and didn't want to wait forever for the beauty shop (they have one barber chair, but it's the same one gal doing all of the haircuts), so I told him I'd take him to our neighbor's barbershop.  He had been there years ago when he had visited here and loved the place, so I thought it would be good, and would be an outing, something actually getting him out and about.

I forgot they were closed on Mondays.

I told Dad we could go elsewhere or I could bring him back another day, or I could give him the same haircut I give DH (clippers with no comb).  He opted for the AMJ barbershop, so I brought him to my house and mowed his head.  He's quite happy with it, but I still want to get him over to our neighbor's barbershop periodically for the camaraderie.  

Dad was getting worried about his hair (all 1/4 inch of it) because his place has a welcome lunch for new residents on Wednesday -- he wants to look good.  He expects to be the only male resident at the lunch, but iirc Jackie did mention another gentleman who also moved in recently, so hopefully Dad will be pleasantly surprised and find yet another new chum to trade stories with.

When bringing Dad back to his place he decided he wasn't so tired that he couldn't manage visiting the library with me -- I had a box of books (anthropology books) to drop off at the Friends of the Library shop.  The library has now officially disappointed me -- the PUBLIC library is CLOSED for Presidents' Day!  Right when parents of school kids need it most!   :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:   It was also a day when there was less traffic next door at early voting, so there would have been fewer cars using the library parking lot.  Tsk tsk tsk.

All in all Dad is happy with his haircut and happy to have gotten out and about.  I'd call this day a success.

• Like 1

I told the kids to get some outside time, sooner rather than later.  The wind is starting to build here, and the next few days we should be getting rain.  Day after tomorrow LOTS of rain.

• Like 2

So, (possibly an ed po warning?)

I used to be able to find things on the forum using google's advanced search, but for some reason that doesn't work for me anymore.  Anyone have any ideas about what changed that I should know about or maybe I'm just incompetent, lol?

I was looking for a semi-recent thread about the Who Was Books - a list of all titles in historical order.  I remember thinking it was weird to see an educational post on the Chat board, but maybe I dreamed that.  

I haven't had any issues. Make sure there isn't a typo in site:welltrainedmind.com?

I told the kids to get some outside time, sooner rather than later.  The wind is starting to build here, and the next few days we should be getting rain.  Day after tomorrow LOTS of rain.

I sent mine to play out in the rain. Now Broccoli is in the bath tub.

• Like 2

I ketchupped. MIL was here this morning. We had a nice chat, while I made 2 batches of bread and juiced more and more and more lemons. Now I am laying around for a bit. I have so much school stuff to figure out and laundry to fold, but I am tired. My famous potato soup is in the crockpot (great minds think alike, Susan) because it is cold and windy out and very much soup weather. Although not cold to the standards of say.... Minnesota or windy to the standards of say... Kansas. But for us, it is cold and windy. So, soup.

• Like 6

Krissi, what's that recipe again? I can't eat it, but others can.

A package of froze hash browns. I use Great Value brand and incan’t Remember the ounces, but I thInk I use about 1 1/4 packages now. The last time I used just one it was a little thin. And three cans chicken broth, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 tsp. salt, some pepper and sprinkles dehydrated onion on liberally. Cook that on high most of the day. Then about 1/2 hour before serving I put in 1 block cream cheese. Let that cook a bit and then whisk it good before serving to mix it up. Serve with shredded cheese and diced bacon. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

I need to buy groceries.

I need to decide what we are going to eat this week first.

#toomuchwork

I just got done hacking away at the bushes in the front yard. They hadn't been tidied in years (likely, ever), and are pushing up against the siding.  I dragged Oldest outside with me.  I trimmed, he hauled.  We fill the organics can, wait until the next organics recycling day, and fill it again. I hope to be done by April. 

• Like 5

Good Heavens, no!

Oh, and there is a product called "Kids n' Pets" that's the bomb.com for getting out pet disasters.

https://www.amazon.com/Brand-Stain-Remover-fluid-ounces/dp/B000PY14GK

Oh, yeah! Brazilian friends use this when they're stateside because they let their kids go bottomless for the first two years. They highly recommend it too.
  • Like 1

It took me 3 kids to realize that 10yos are not my best age. Maybe 8-11, really- that older kid/tween age? I struggle. It's not them, it's me.

I totally get it. I have the most wonderful children in the world, but I can't stand kids between like 3 and 8. They're way too much. Too much noise, too much energy, too much noise, too much mess, too much noise and they're too loud. It's not them, it's me. You're still a good mom. I'm still a good mom. It's all good. And loud. With lots of noise.
  • Like 4

I totally get it. I have the most wonderful children in the world, but I can't stand kids between like 3 and 8. They're way too much. Too much noise, too much energy, too much noise, too much mess, too much noise and they're too loud. It's not them, it's me. You're still a good mom. I'm still a good mom. It's all good. And loud. With lots of noise.

3-7 was my favorite. Jury’s still out on 8-11. 0-3 was okay, but I was glad to get my b00ks back. :LOL:
  • Like 5