Menu

Ignore this thread!

At Juliet's age, she's more or less training you what her physical cues are. Around twelve to sixteen weeks, housebreaking should start getting a little easier as she gets more bladder control and urine concentrating ability. Best thing you can do right now is show her that outside is where you most want to be--no rushing to go back inside, be happy when she wants to explore in the yard, encourage her to be tolerant of the weather. Easier said than done. I'd recommend a really big umbrella if I didn't have an insider who tells me what wind does to umbrellas up there.

• Like 2

Good morning!

We are taking a partial day off. Just music practice this morning and lessons/children's choir this afternoon. Dd11 wants to do a little math. :svengo: She was the one who cried over math every day at the beginning of the year until we switche to TT.

Dh has the day off, so we are going to a nearby state park to go hiking. I want to mix up a batch of potting mix, get the laundry put away, and banish goats.

My hands are still breaking out in blisters a few times a week. :cursing:

Gah.

Coffee!

• Like 6

It's misty and damp outside, also chilly, but not cold. This puts me in the impossible situation of wanting to wear a winter shirt, but not being able to stand the way it sticks to my skin. So I'm in a tank top, with a blanket around my shoulders that I can take off. 

Winter is a weird state of weather around here.

• Like 3

I decided that since I was awake anyway that I would go for a walk and make my step count like Jean because Jean's cool but it's 28 degrees outside and icy so I could die and there are rules against that so I'm having pancakes in bed with a book instead. It's kinda the same thing.

Don't take risks on treacherous roads!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Presidents’ DayðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Slept horrible due to hot flashes. I actually took a wonderful nap yesterday afternoon. No hot flashes, nothing to make me uncomfortable. I ordered some Black Cohosh, which is supposed to help with hot flashes, so...we’ll see.

• Like 4

I decided that since I was awake anyway that I would go for a walk and make my step count like Jean because Jean's cool but it's 28 degrees outside and icy so I could die and there are rules against that so I'm having pancakes in bed with a book instead. It's kinda the same thing.

Your choice is much safer. Treacherous roads and seas and all that.
  • Like 2

I would choose from Irasshai or Japanese The Menga Way but I've never asked Jean about older students so she might suggest resources I'm unfamiliar with. We're kind of in this super slow and steady thing which would be less necessary for her.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/668585-k-8-resources-for-learning-japanese/

The title says K-8 but it includes high school and college level.

I was using Japanese from Zero for awhile. It’s a good series. Irasshai is ok. It has a sarcastic bent that I don’t like but many swear by it.

• Like 3

Goodnight.

I guess nevermind.

I was using Japanese from Zero for awhile. It’s a good series. Irasshai is ok. It has a sarcastic bent that I don’t like but many swear by it.

According to Reddit there are a lot if errors in the later levels and I'd never find them. What else have you used?

Just don’t kill any kittens in the process.

Which reminds me, I have to find a kitten for DD’s birthday next month. The kitten we got last spring got big.

I hear that's a thing.
  • Like 1

We are doing music practice today and maybe math for a couple people.  

I visited with my parents for a couple hours this morning.  

I want to go back to bed.  Oh, I remember now, I never had my 2nd cuppa!  Time for fresh coffee brewing!!!!

I think I have some chest congestion.  I took mucinex this morning.  I guess Vicks is my next thing.....  Any other suggestions?

• Like 4

I guess nevermind.

According to Reddit there are a lot if errors in the later levels and I'd never find them. What else have you used?

I hear that's a thing.

I only used the first 1/3 if the first book. I didn’t find any errors but I got fed up with what I thought was random vocabulary development. I absolutely loved a series called Mirai (a middle school program for Australians) but I can’t get it anymore. Maybe online but it was a bit spendy. Now I just write my own but puppy is putting a crimp in that.

edited because my phone apparently doesn't like me to use the letter "o". 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1

I would choose from Irasshai or Japanese The Menga Way but I've never asked Jean about older students so she might suggest resources I'm unfamiliar with. We're kind of in this super slow and steady thing which would be less necessary for her.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/668585-k-8-resources-for-learning-japanese/

The title says K-8 but it includes high school and college level.

I think Gil lists some resources they'll be using too, in the thread about Logistics to Adding a Second Language thread. If I remember correctly...

• Like 1

Thank you!  I think she would like that - we might start with that and see how it goes.  

Dancer liked the Irrashai series. We just never finished it because it required getting on the computer, going to the webpage, finding the right video, and pushing play...

• Like 1

Dad-po:

I'm trying to get ahold of Social Security Administration to get a new Medicare card for Dad, only to find out the SSA offices are closed today.  I keep getting the suggestion that I register online, but I would have to make the userid on Dad's behalf, and the instructions said in very plain English that I am not allowed to do that, even if I am his duly authorized agent.   :cursing:

Really?  THIS I get a booyah on?

At least a booyah

ca-an cheer me up

Yes, a boo-ooyah

can cheer me up

Oh, a booyah ca-an

cheer me up so

BOOYAH

BOOYAH

BOOYAH!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 6

Juliet had an uptick in energy starting yesterday.  She still isn't at Rocky level though.  I told dh last night as she lay at my feet that I waited 14 years for Rocky to be able to do that but he never did.  Libby does though. 

A secure, loving home with plenty of food will do that to a pup.  I'd say you are doing something right.

• Like 5

Since government offices are closed today I am instead looking at L.L.Bean, trying to guess which of their men's khaki pants Dad likes so much.  I suppose since I'm going over to Dad's place this afternoon I can check the tags on his good trousers and see what I can find.

Hmm, he wants more suspenders, too....

ETA:  Really?  Searching llbean.com for suspenders only got me a pair of kids' snowpants.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

Since government offices are closed today I am instead looking at L.L.Bean, trying to guess which of their men's khaki pants Dad likes so much.  I suppose since I'm going over to Dad's place this afternoon I can check the tags on his good trousers and see what I can find.

Hmm, he wants more suspenders, too....

ETA:  Really?  Searching llbean.com for suspenders only got me a pair of kids' snowpants.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-accessories/mens-suspenders/mens-suspenders.aspx

Books Dad wants -- ordered and on the way.

Suspenders for Dad -- ordered and on the way.

Socks for Dad -- arrived, and should be taken over to make sure they are the right ones.  I'd better go put those by the back door.  Oh yeah, and that picture, too....

• Like 2

I just realized that I never plugged my phone in last night.  My battery was down to 40%.  I am SO GLAD I have a new phone with a good, trouble-free battery!

DH did manage to verify that replacing the batteries in our phones would solve the problem, but this wasn't verified until I had to return to Colorado in January.  We had bought me a new phone by then.  DH and DD16 have new batteries for their existing phones.  My old phone will also get a new battery and be passed to one BIL to be bestowed upon whichever teen in the house he feels warrants it.

La, la, la, la.....  Taking the day off today here.  Hoping we're not completely snarky tomorrow!  

What's most obnoxious is the fact that they are virtually done for the day--excepting the cooking this evening. To hear the grumbles you'd figure I'd put them through a 9-5 day of making, drying and toting bricks to the educational pyramid.

• Like 5

So, (possibly an ed po warning?)

I used to be able to find things on the forum using google's advanced search, but for some reason that doesn't work for me anymore.  Anyone have any ideas about what changed that I should know about or maybe I'm just incompetent, lol?

I was looking for a semi-recent thread about the Who Was Books - a list of all titles in historical order.  I remember thinking it was weird to see an educational post on the Chat board, but maybe I dreamed that.  

We are doing music practice today and maybe math for a couple people.  

I visited with my parents for a couple hours this morning.  

I want to go back to bed.  Oh, I remember now, I never had my 2nd cuppa!  Time for fresh coffee brewing!!!!

I think I have some chest congestion.  I took mucinex this morning.  I guess Vicks is my next thing.....  Any other suggestions?

This:  https://smile.amazon.com/Clear-Lungs-Classic-Label-Capsules/dp/B00014CZV2/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519063286&sr=8-5&keywords=clear+lung

• Like 1

DD 4 is no longer with us.

I am still trying to recover from the trauma of not being there. :sad:  Please tell Mooies sorry. But sick dog, broke (see sick dog), behind in work, and have already scheduled (and paid for!) our first college visit trip-which will mean more missed work.

(You can show her the next part)

delightful-surprise-smiley-emoticon.gif

Happy Birthday, Mooies!

• Like 3

I was checking my bank account and realized that the cash I deposited yesterday morning isn't showing up. That can't be good...

Last time that happened to me, WaMu went under. If it happens again, consider switching.

Obesity Code.

What does that mean?

Thanks, Jean!  

Maybe they were starting a Filipino church. You should say "no but if you're starting a church we'd be happy to help." Free pancit!!!

Dad-po:

I'm trying to get ahold of Social Security Administration to get a new Medicare card for Dad, only to find out the SSA offices are closed today.  I keep getting the suggestion that I register online, but I would have to make the userid on Dad's behalf, and the instructions said in very plain English that I am not allowed to do that, even if I am his duly authorized agent.   :cursing:

Really?  THIS I get a booyah on?

At least a booyah

ca-an cheer me up

Yes, a boo-ooyah

can cheer me up

Oh, a booyah ca-an

cheer me up so

BOOYAH

BOOYAH

BOOYAH!

I can't make my ex stop using my address and am in the exact same situation. I told them, "I'm not an authorized agent and it's a federal website so..." and they said, "Well, I'm not telling you to do it, but that's the only way it's going to happen unless something changes in your relationship because I can't give you further information..." Me: "... okay, thanks?"

• Like 2

I slept!

I am still trying to recover from the trauma of not being there. :sad:  Please tell Mooies sorry. But sick dog, broke (see sick dog), behind in work, and have already scheduled (and paid for!) our first college visit trip-which will mean more missed work.

Happy Birthday, Mooies!

The birthday was postponed until this Saturday. Just saying.

What does that mean?

https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-Unlocking-Secrets-Weight/dp/1536682187
  • Like 2

I am still trying to recover from the trauma of not being there. :sad: Please tell Mooies sorry. But sick dog, broke (see sick dog), behind in work, and have already scheduled (and paid for!) our first college visit trip-which will mean more missed work.

Happy Birthday, Mooies!

And you're still not seeing my texts. Do you want to have lunch in Boise around June 1st?

Last time that happened to me, WaMu went under. If it happens again, consider switching.

What does that mean?

Maybe they were starting a Filipino church. You should say "no but if you're starting a church we'd be happy to help." Free pancit!!!

I can't make my ex stop using my address and am in the exact same situation. I told them, "I'm not an authorized agent and it's a federal website so..." and they said, "Well, I'm not telling you to do it, but that's the only way it's going to happen unless something changes in your relationship because I can't give you further information..." Me: "... okay, thanks?"

My dh is already a Filipino pastor of a church. (But not a Filipino church. ). They just wanted “family “ in the neighborhood. And as much free advice and babysitting as they could get.

• Like 1

And you're still not seeing my texts. Do you want to have lunch in Boise around June 1st?

Ack. I will try to figure them out. The contact stuff didn't all come over. But I did have some from wayyyyyy back. :confused1:

Boise is about an 8 hour drive from us, so I'm going to have to see what's going on around then. We love to go there, so it's not a "no." I'm just not sure yet.

• Like 1

Ack. I will try to figure them out. The contact stuff didn't all come over. But I did have some from wayyyyyy back. :confused1:

Boise is about an 8 hour drive from us, so I'm going to have to see what's going on around then. We love to go there, so it's not a "no." I'm just not sure yet.

I wasn't sure how long of a drive it was. We haven't mentioned the possibility of seeing you to the kids just in case. I stopped texting you because I was afraid I was sending kid pics to a stranger.

Sounds like the gut health code?

I am currently on a diet of extra probiotics to gently introduce probiotics back into my system after the antibiotics. Thank you all for your advice. I am drinking kombucha (not my favorite but I'm remembering Russia as I drink it!!!) and making my own pokembap (poke-bibimbap) for lunch, with extra kimchi!

My dh is already a Filipino pastor of a church. (But not a Filipino church. ). They just wanted “family “ in the neighborhood. And as much free advice and babysitting as they could get.

Yes, I meant Prairie but the advice applies in general.

• Like 3