Menu

Ignore this thread!

Walking in water counts.  In 2012, that's pretty much the only way I did any walking besides couch to car.  Are you anywhere near an indoor pool?  FWIW, the deeper the water, the better it feels.  17' with a float belt is awesome!

SaveSave

I actually love water aerobics.  We had a membership at the Y but I had to quit because the water was always too cold (for me).

• Like 1

I actually love water aerobics.  We had a membership at the Y but I had to quit because the water was always too cold (for me).

I love water aerobics, too. I did them last summer through our town's rec department. I slept so well on the evenings I had water aerobics.

• Like 2

I have reserved that book you were just talking about but I can't remember what it was called, and also the 100 year old man and the window book. My fitbit is charging again so I'm gonna stick the kids in bed and eat some popcorn.

Holy cow, what was that noise outside the living room window? Sounded like a racoon climing the screen window.

Ahhhh, you will love "The 100 Year Old Man...."  It is incredibly entertaining!

We haven't had raccoons lately, but we have opossums almost every night if we leave the cat food out.

Goal for 2018:  walk 99 miles

Miles accomplished:  zero

:glare:

Every time I finally get myself motivated to walk, the arthritis flares up again.  :(

Days left in 2018: 316. New goal: .31 miles a day, or about 660 steps a day. Or a whole mile every third day.

Go, Junie! You'll get there.

• Like 4

Days left in 2018: 316. New goal: .31 miles a day, or about 660 steps a day. Or a whole mile every third day.

Go, Junie! You'll get there.

I used to be able to "run" a 5k on the Wii Fit.  So about 3 miles a day.  I figure as long as I get started by Thanksgiving, I'll be able to meet my goal.  :)

• Like 4

MIL is mad because we didn't call her so she could talk to Mary. Then when she asked how old she was and she said 5 MIL responded with "Oh my G-d."

Why is it our responsibility to call her?

Ummm. it's not your responsibility. It's hers. Grandmas have to do the calling.

• Like 4

I’m over having a non housebroken puppy. (For the record I was over having non housebroken babies pretty quickly as well. ). It doesn’t help that it is super cold (for us) right now with lots of cold wind gusts. And it makes me so frustrated when she goes out, pees or poops, comes inside and ten minutes later has an accident. I’m just venting. I knew it was part of having a puppy. And I know it will get better. But I’m tired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch me wake up in time to go to bed. Seriously, I feel like I've been sleepwalking all day.

ETA: Steepyheaded Booyah

I'm sleepy,

I'm cranky,

I'm getting kind of old,

A grumpy,

Old writer,

And outside it's too cold,

For playing

Or writing,

Besides it's time for me to fold,

The laundry

And so forth,

And go to bed before I'm told.

Random Musings

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

I decided that since I was awake anyway that I would go for a walk and make my step count like Jean because Jean's cool but it's 28 degrees outside and icy so I could die and there are rules against that so I'm having pancakes in bed with a book instead. It's kinda the same thing.

• Like 10

I decided that since I was awake anyway that I would go for a walk and make my step count like Jean because Jean's cool but it's 28 degrees outside and icy so I could die and there are rules against that so I'm having pancakes in bed with a book instead. It's kinda the same thing.

This shows excellent judgement!  (Don't take treacherous roads!  or something like that.)

Also, I spent much of the morning looking at Japanese From Zero which I think might have potential.

If my 14yo dd wants to start Japanese next year and I don't want to teach it (or learn it with her) what should she use?  Irasshai with the videos?

• Like 2

DD 4 is no longer with us.

You must be so flexible!

There are people, he just likes Matt better.

Obesity Code.

B'bye, DD4!

Happy Birthday, DD5 (Mary)!

:party:  :party:  :party:

• Like 3

I have a lot of catching up to do.  I ended up staying home and napping most of the day away, and then ordering Indian food for take-out and sending DH to go get it.

I do feel better today, so I think it was weather-related.

• Like 5

This shows excellent judgement!  (Don't take treacherous roads!  or something like that.)

If my 14yo dd wants to start Japanese next year and I don't want to teach it (or learn it with her) what should she use?  Irasshai with the videos?

I would choose from Irasshai or Japanese The Menga Way but I've never asked Jean about older students so she might suggest resources I'm unfamiliar with. We're kind of in this super slow and steady thing which would be less necessary for her.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/668585-k-8-resources-for-learning-japanese/

The title says K-8 but it includes high school and college level.

• Like 1

DADDY WOKE UP TODAY! 

He had very clear eyes, followed mom around the room with his eyes, reached for her and squeezed her hand! 

His "sedation vacation" lasted 2 hours and 20 minutes. Yesterday, it was only 20 minutes! 

MAJOR victories this morning! Thank you all for the prayers!

Oh, hurray!!!!

I slept really well last night.   :thumbup1:

I went to church and came home and napped for 3 hours.   :thumbup1:

I'm staying home to watch church online this evening because I'm still in a lot of pain.   :thumbdown:

Yay for the good stuff.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  for the pain.

• Like 1

I would choose from Irasshai or Japanese The Menga Way but I've never asked Jean about older students so she might suggest resources I'm unfamiliar with. We're kind of in this super slow and steady thing which would be less necessary for her.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/668585-k-8-resources-for-learning-japanese/

The title says K-8 but it includes high school and college level.

Thank you!  I think she would like that - we might start with that and see how it goes.  

• Like 1

Watch me wake up in time to go to bed. Seriously, I feel like I've been sleepwalking all day.

ETA: Steepyheaded Booyah

I'm sleepy,

I'm cranky,

I'm getting kind of old,

A grumpy,

Old writer,

And outside it's too cold,

For playing

Or writing,

Besides it's time for me to fold,

The laundry

And so forth,