• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good morning. I think that I am going to try sipping a cup of bone broth every evening. I’m hoping that it will help with my gut and my joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have arthritis (both osteo and gouty types) and what has helped me tremendously is a glass of tart cherry juice 2x a day. I know your health issues are different, but thought I'd throw it out there on case you want to try it. It's a good antioxidant in any case. :)

Hope you feel better, everything's worse in the cold.

• Like 3

I worked. I did not die. My throat still hurts and I'm tired, but I managed. I also probably overdid it on my incision. I'm sore, and will put off fighting to move that heavy, bulky and impossible-to-drag chicken pen for a few more days. 

DH swept the house for me. :001_wub:

Feet do not bother me. I like feet.

• Like 6

I think that I can easily get dd to the point where she can pass the SAT sub test in Japanese.  I had her listen to one audio  question and she passed.  (I purposefully chose one where we had covered the vocabulary so that it would be fair.)   We still have more work to do before she should take the test but we're on the way. 

• Like 8

I woke up to DH and DS playing Legos together.

DH had already been there and back to do grocery shopping, so I had cream for my coffee.

DH made DS food and then went out to get us Chinese food.

I cleaned up a bit and started laundry.

DS played with his Tinker Box - it was one on paper circuits. He enjoyed it.

I placed a RR order. (AAS 6, Russian vocabulary books, a Fusion Science middle school unit to try)

I showered and pantzed.

I may go to the mall to buy something with my Christmas gift cards.

But first - more COFFEE!

• Like 5

I wouldn't have to be so productive if I weren't so behind.   Or if I didn't lose things on a regular basis.  I have scoured the living and dining room and I cannot find my next Japanese lessons anywhere.  They were typed on a long dead computer which probably still used floppy disks so I don't have access to the computerized files.  It is possible that they are in the Schoolroom of Doom somewhere but if they are, then all hope is lost. 

• Like 2

I ate potato soup with extra bacon. I probably ought to go run a few laps on the driveway to fix that. Other than that, I wrote for a while, and will read for a while. And that's my list for the day. I was generous and didn't demand that much of myself today.

• Like 2

Y'all should write a book about productivity so that Slache and I can read it. :coolgleamA:

I read somewhere that you get a pass on productivity if you have more than 4 children or you are learning Greek. So I think you two are covered.

ETA: you still have to feed your kids though...

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

I forgot to give the sickness update on the Teenage Turtles. Both recovered. One chipper. One still surly. Both grumpy about getting back to a full school schedule on Monday.

:hurray: I was really worried. It has been a bad flu season and kids dying and all.

• Like 1

I ate potato soup with extra bacon. I probably ought to go run a few laps on the driveway to fix that. Other than that, I wrote for a while, and will read for a while. And that's my list for the day. I was generous and didn't demand that much of myself today.

Oooh, we’re having potato soup for dinner, too. With extra bacon. I’m also experimenting with Hungarian White Bread. It’s pretty much the same as regular white bread, but with some fennel and anise seed in there.

Oh wow!! It’s a Booya/h!! A potato soup Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

COFFEE!!,☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Can I get an Amen??

Susan??

Amen, Sister!

I had my second cup at 6pm. Silly me.

We are back from the beautiful Bluegrass State (Lynn, I yelled "Howdy!" to you real loud. Did you hear? :D) though we were only 3 miles over the border. We brought home three rats. Cute little buggers. They are now in their fancy-schmancy (free) cage with their Goodwill cozy fabric and toys.

• Like 6

The party has partied. We had a chili dog bar to go with the Sonic the Hedgehog theme. DH did not get to come to the party.

I've taken almost 12,000 steps today. My feet hurt. I will share my steps with Slache.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:001_wub:
  • Like 1

Amen, Sister!

I had my second cup at 6pm. Silly me.

We are back from the beautiful Bluegrass State (Lynn, I yelled "Howdy!" to you real loud. Did you hear? :D) though we were only 3 miles over the border. We brought home three rats. Cute little buggers. They are now in their fancy-schmancy (free) cage with their Goodwill cozy fabric and toys.

I like the part I bolded.  The part about the rats:  shudder.  

• Like 2