Menu

Ignore this thread!

The super fancy musical fun:

https://www.amazon.com/Robin-Reed-Handbells-Traditional-788/dp/B001HBCRFW/ref=pd_sim_79_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2NV3BCD5GYHJDWDZ936H

Traditional:

https://www.amazon.com/Robin-Reed-Spode-Christmas-Crackers/dp/B01LZUJPFU/ref=pd_sim_201_15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1TP9AHT9NA1WA4A42BDD

It's an British tradition at Christmas dinner. 2 people pull on each end and the ends rip off and a "firecracker" goes off (like a pop-gun) and treasures fall out - usually a tissue paper crown, a ridiculous joke, and a worthless trinket that makes you all giddy with excitement.

They cost between $3 and $6 apiece ready-made, so I am experimenting with making my own which is pretty cheap if you already have card stock or toilet paper rolls and wrapping paper and trinkets to stuff in there. I ordered some "snaps" to put in them which came today ( :hurray:) so I can see if they really work. I also ordered a couple sets of really cheap "diy cracker kits" and they are turning out pretty well. It's what all our extended family are getting for Christmas from now until the End of Time, or until I run out of snaps which might be 3 years.

Thanks. This was felpful. Can I come?

I still love you, AMJ.

• Like 2

We tried Slache's Cure yesterday but it didn't work. Maybe we did it wrong. Neither did my cure because dd11 kept laughing at my serious face. :glare:

Dh read an article once that said whatever your brain sees as more urgent to focus on than causing muscle spasms will "cure" hiccups. So if your brain starts to worry about dying because you are holding your breath and swallowing water upside down, or the shock of a shot of whiskey, or the distraction of a massage, or the fear of someone demanding a performance, that's what will work.

Stopping breathing (as in my throat closing up) worked for me. I am sure that my brain thought that was more important!!

• Like 4

What on earth, yellow pages. When I was a kid, there'd be "see Automobile Repair" or w/e right before "Car Washing & Waxing". Who on earth uses the word "automobile" anyway? Certainly not my 7 & 10yos. And realistically, who uses physical phone books/yellow pages other than crazy homeschoolers with library science backgrounds who think that it would be worthwhile to teach kids how to use reference books so try to write up their own worksheets on how to use the thing that gets delivered once or twice a year anyway and is otherwise only good as fire starter? (yes, I know that was a horrible run-on sentence)

Automobile????  Immediately reminds me of the movie 16 Candles....

• Like 3

Good morning!

I think our bank account has been hacked. I found unfamiliar charges yesterday and this morning I can't log into the account.

:banghead: For some reason I took pictures of the online bank statement with my phone so that's all we'll have to give to the bank. Bah humbug!

Coooooooffffffffeeeeeeeee!!!

• Like 1

Well I’m losing it.

Last night dd told me I was the best mom in the world and I said, “no I’m not but I’m trying to keep it together†and then I started sobbing in front of all the kids. Tonight ds hurt his eye and as I’m trying to deal with him dh, who is still sitting in front of the computer keeps calling ‘is he ok?†AndI got mad and yelled back “if you care you can get up and check him yourSELFâ€. This is what happens when your wife tells you for months, “I’m getting really burned out†and allyou do is grunt and give her a side hug.

The filter has been disabled. Need reboot.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good morning!

I think our bank account has been hacked. I found unfamiliar charges yesterday and this morning I can't log into the account.

:banghead: For some reason I took pictures of the online bank statement with my phone so that's all we'll have to give to the bank. Bah humbug!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope they get it resolved quickly and your money moved to a new account number!

Good morning!

Oh no!!!!   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

The weather reports at bedtime last night and get-up time this morning were talking about the possibility of snowflakes tonight/wee early hours of tomorrow morning.  Just like last time parts SOUTH of us have more chance of snow, even the possibility of some actually accumulating to an inch, while we will be lucky to have some flakes visible as they fall.  The only reason I can think that this is so is that parts south of us take harder hits during Gulf-based weather, so this is part of their compensation.

I told the girls this morning about the chance of some snowflakes falling in the wee hours, and asked them if they want me to wake them up if I'm awake and seeing flakes falling.  They both said yes, they'd like a chance to look out the window and see snowflakes.  Since this might be the only snow they get this winter they don't want to miss it.

Of course, this does give me reason to watch the weather reports very carefully as I'm driving north to Colorado.  I had already planned to take the eastern route through the Oklahoma panhandle so I don't have to go over Raton Pass if the weather gets slippery -- my tires are all-season radials so I should be okay, but I am a little out of practice on the mountainous driving and don't want to start to refresh my skills in tricky conditions.  Sadly this means no chance of stopping in to say Hi to Renai in person.  

I have claimed Saturday morning (before the girls' music recital) as my laundry time so I can do the last of my clothing and wash the master bedding.  Everyone else gets to work their laundry around that.

Due to changing weather patterns my first day of driving should be clear and dry, at least.  I have plans to stop at certain Texas-y places along the way up to pick up some stuff for Dad.  Buc-ee's for some obnoxious treats for him to pass out to people up there, and Collins Street Bakery for some fruitcake (Dad loves fruitcake).

Dental appointment for the girls today, and we will take them a Christmas card.  The orthodontist is at the other end of the building, so I will drop off a card for them, too, and pay the monthly payment while I'm there.  Then errands around and about, then Aikido this evening.  I guess I should put a thought to supper.

• Like 5

I think it's too dry for flurries here, but it's cold enough to do something of that nature. Feels like someone took a bucket of Arctic and dumped it on my doorstep. Be careful driving, AMJ!

The boy made a fire for us. He was felpful.

:grouphug: Susan. I hope they straighten it out right away.

I must have caffeine, and do some sketching this morning. Art later.

• Like 5

I hope the bank sorts out your issues soon, Susan! We've had pretty good luck resolving fraud issues which unfortunately seem to happen more and more often.  :grouphug:

I took Baby to a middle school band concert last night and he didn't cry at all! He was a champ. DDa's new friend and her dad came to see her too because she had told them she didn't think any of her family would come.  :hat: We super stink and her friend and her dad are awesome for torturing themselves like that. DD knew her siblings didn't want to go and she thought Baby would get fussy and make me leave. I tried to talk DH into going and he said the other kids wanted him to do something else.  :confused1:  I hope he feels guilty that some other dad showed up!

• Like 7

Oh, and I feel a little guilty that I noticed I was sitting next to a super nice cute guy for the concert. He liked Baby. I mean, if I have to be squished into an overcrowded auditorium for 2 hours alone with Baby, I'd prefer sitting next to the nice, hot guy rather than some rando who is neither. 

And FWIW, I think guys/boys have a bad reputation these days. The sweetest children who have come up to see Baby have been adorable little boys who LOVE Baby, and many, many men have been very kind and interested in him and obviously love children. The guy on the other side of me in the concert was a nice grandpa type and he was also super sweet with Baby. I wish society would support men and boys' paternal feelings more instead of being suspicious.

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Thursday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

The only white we get around here is frost, no snow flurries. â„ï¸ðŸ˜© and no rain in the forecast, which sure would be helpful for the SoCal fires. And the drought. Looks like it might be shaping up to be another dry winter.😢

Tonight is the Electric Light Farm Equipment Christmas Parade in our small town. We look forward to that every year.

((Susan)) I hope the bank can get that straightened out!!

((AMJ)) as you plan out all these details!!

Now, Paige, noticing a cute guy is not at all guilt-worthy. If it was i’d Be in trouble. The problems start when you go beyond noticing.

• Like 7

Oh, and I feel a little guilty that I noticed I was sitting next to a super nice cute guy for the concert. He liked Baby. I mean, if I have to be squished into an overcrowded auditorium for 2 hours alone with Baby, I'd prefer sitting next to the nice, hot guy rather than some rando who is neither. 

And FWIW, I think guys/boys have a bad reputation these days. The sweetest children who have come up to see Baby have been adorable little boys who LOVE Baby, and many, many men have been very kind and interested in him and obviously love children. The guy on the other side of me in the concert was a nice grandpa type and he was also super sweet with Baby. I wish society would support men and boys' paternal feelings more instead of being suspicious.

Agree.

• Like 1

I'd take a picture of the bit of snow on the ground to show you guys, but I can't because my phone took a bath last week.

â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

We have no snow, but they have hesitantly mentioned a possibility of flurries on Saturday.

• Like 1

Good morning. I’m undecided on my life today.

I ran out of my miracle experimental med (Which a lot of people with auto immune problems take so I don’t know why the insurance company keeps insisting that it is experimental except that it gets them off of the hook for paying for it. ). I’m not actually sure when I ran out. I know I was out the day before yesterday for sure. I got over to the compound pharmacy before going to get MIL so I was able to take it last night. Anyway-this probably explains an uptick in pain and inflammation.

Plus it’s been particularly busy trying to plug away with normal busy life and also prepare for Christmas and it isn’t working. Also Dh has been gone all week and I miss him a lot even though him being gone actually means less work.

Plus Dd keeps having auto immune stuff and I wonder if I should be doing more to advocate for her. Though I haven’t been able to prevent my own autoimmune problems so it’s probably hopeless to think that I can prevent hers.

I could get fasting blood work done today but I think that I am going to wait until tomorrow because today’s labs would look horrible, I think. Did I mention that Ds was up until 2:30 or something working on his final project for his college class? I was in bed and slept some but pain was keeping me up.

So my choices today are to “just keep swimming “ on normal school etc. or if could take today off of school and try to get some Christmas stuff done so that it would stop stressing me out. Life would be so much easier to navigate without pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good morning. I’m undecided on my life today.

I ran out of my miracle experimental med (Which a lot of people with auto immune problems take so I don’t know why the insurance company keeps insisting that it is experimental except that it gets them off of the hook for paying for it. ). I’m not actually sure when I ran out. I know I was out the day before yesterday for sure. I got over to the compound pharmacy before going to get MIL so I was able to take it last night. Anyway-this probably explains an uptick in pain and inflammation.

Plus it’s been particularly busy trying to plug away with normal busy life and also prepare for Christmas and it isn’t working. Also Dh has been gone all week and I miss him a lot even though him being gone actually means less work.

Plus Dd keeps having auto immune stuff and I wonder if I should be doing more to advocate for her. Though I haven’t been able to prevent my own autoimmune problems so it’s probably hopeless to think that I can prevent hers.

I could get fasting blood work done today but I think that I am going to wait until tomorrow because today’s labs would look horrible, I think. Did I mention that Ds was up until 2:30 or something working on his final project for his college class? I was in bed and slept some but pain was keeping me up.

So my choices today are to “just keep swimming “ on normal school etc. or if could take today off of school and try to get some Christmas stuff done so that it would stop stressing me out. Life would be so much easier to navigate without pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:iagree: (((Jean)))

• Like 1

((Susan)) ((Jean))

We have rain. Wet, cold rain. Not beautiful snowflakes. It's been raining for days. The Christmas parade has been rescheduled. Tomorrow is supposed to be better.

The boys seem to be feeling better, though. I suppose I am grateful that their illness coincided with ugly weather that is best enjoyed snuggled under a blanket anyhow.

I have cabin fever. But I also inexplicably woke up filled with Christmas spirit. Maybe tomorrow we will all be well enough to go out and enjoy the break in the rain.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 5

OK so here's the plan:  Morning devoted to knocking out some chores so that things are kept up and don't get behind.  Afternoon devoted to Christmas music, hot chocolate and full scale Christmas decorating.  And maybe writing the Christmas newsletter. 

I've gone back and forth on the newsletter vs. picture card vs. Christmas card with just signatures vs. just not sending out anything.  Not sending anything would stress me because for some people this is the only time we stay in touch.  And taking pictures right now would stress me more than writing.  And just sending a card with signatures seems a bit meaningless as a way to keep in touch even though I know a lot of people do it that way and it doesn't bother me when I just get a card. 

Ready. . . set. . . .go! 

• Like 8

I’m waiting in the van for dd15 to get done with her tutorial party. I should call ds22 and see how he’s doing. Haven’t heard from him in a while.

My card has been cancelled and we may have to cancel dh’s also. And change our account numbers. All the purchases were to online natural remedy/vitamin stores. Except for purchases from the Miami Dade College Magazine website. :huh:

Of course, this does give me reason to watch the weather reports very carefully as I'm driving north to Colorado.  I had already planned to take the eastern route through the Oklahoma panhandle so I don't have to go over Raton Pass if the weather gets slippery -- my tires are all-season radials so I should be okay, but I am a little out of practice on the mountainous driving and don't want to start to refresh my skills in tricky conditions.  Sadly this means no chance of stopping in to say Hi to Renai in person.  

Yeah, I was starting to get happy until I saw "eastern route." :(

• Like 2

I’m waiting in the van for dd15 to get done with her tutorial party. I should call ds22 and see how he’s doing. Haven’t heard from him in a while.

My card has been cancelled and we may have to cancel dh’s also. And change our account numbers. All the purchases were to online natural remedy/vitamin stores. Except for purchases from the Miami Dade College Magazine website. :huh:

Which makes you think that there is a delivery address and name for the magazine that they can track. . .

• Like 3

I am in so much pain, I can't stop vomiting, I have a migraine, I can barely walk or I make it worse. I hate everything. Like a week and a half late and it wants to kill me. Alex is bringing me cars to help me feel better.  :001_wub: He hates it when I'm alone with bed with no toys.  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

• Like 3