Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think the boy was three or four. Evidently between the two of them, they had managed to stomp on my very last vestige of patience. I was telling them it was time to get in the bath, and hurry up, and don't stand there, and why aren't you ready yet and so forth. I probably said something about towels and not getting water all over the floor again like last time. When I turned my back, there came this little mutter from one of the turtles. "Yes, sir, Mister Mom-head." 

I had to run fast before they heard me laughing.

Yeah, I likely would have had to run, too.   :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

• Like 1

I think I'm going to go home and throw a bowl of milk on my son so that he isn't missing out on anything re: siblings.  Then I'll say sorry, but only because mom said I have to.  I'll stick out my tongue at the end for good measure.

Or maybe I'll just read him Krissi's post and remind him how awesome being an Only is.  Because I think we're almost out of milk.  :leaving:

Pour powdered milk in his bed. It'll soak into his pores and he'll stink for days.

• Like 2

I’ve heard people use that term on this forum but I’m not really sure where the line is for normal behaviour and what it’s linked to...I mean if you determine your kid is sensory seeking does that just put a more positive label on what you already know or does it point to other issues?

It means that you might need to make sure to "fill that sensory bucket" in certain positive ways so that he doesn't seek to fill it in negative ways.  At least as much. 

• Like 4

It means that you might need to make sure to "fill that sensory bucket" in certain positive ways so that he doesn't seek to fill it in negative ways.  At least as much. 

I have a saying that goes "If you don't deal with your kids then you're going to have to deal with your kids." If you don't run them they're going to run, if you don't give them something to chew on they're going to bite, if you don't talk to them they're going to yammer, and if you don't feed them they're going to eat. Be the initiator of the good or you will be the recipient of the bad and you will only have yourself to blame.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 7

Ewwwwww. No. I don’t want him to grow up hating his faux-sibling.

I don't know, when he realizes that YOU are the one who will be smelling him he might take some glee in the result.

Dh is teaching dd7 how to code using the google doodle.

Hop, hop, turn.  Hop, hop, turn.

Any sanity that I had left has suddenly disappeared.

It took me a bit to figure out level 6 last night.

#don'tcodetired

I took ds to TKD. And then I got chips and queso. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

DD13 and I are eating Sonic after leaving long Aikido evening early.  Half an hour into the adult's class DD ripped open a scab on her foot and couldn't stop trembling.  I patched her up and we picked up food on the way home so we wouldn't have to prepare anything, we could just eat.

I think early bedtime tonight is in order, perhaps with warmer fuzzy jammies for the chilly night.  It's like being wrapped in snuggles, which DD could use tonight, I think.

• Like 3

Weapon X hates loud noises and crowds, but likes to constantly touch me and has no sense of my personal space. But doesn't like it when other people are in his personal space.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are still a vital component of his personal space!

• Like 1

What is coding, anyway?

Writing computer programs, basically writing the computer code that makes things happen.  In the Google doodle celebrating kids coding they give you icons for the bits of code, and you put them in to make the bunny do stuff.

Uh, could this be the deal with my ultra huggy child? I mean, there are times I can't get from one room to another because she will ambush me with hugs and then I can't remember what I was supposed to be doing!

Her favorite shirt says "Hug Dealer" across the front. But then she demands $5. (First one's free!) :D

#pointsforquotingself

• Like 5

Giving instructions to computers for them to do something.

Alternatively:

Going into cardiac failure.

"Get a crash cart! this guy's coding!"

That's the 2nd definition on the Urban Dictionary (the computer programming one being the first one), and I'd suggest not reading the remaining definitions (which I'd never heard of, and didn't need to hear of anyway).

Btw, did I mention that the car passed the inspection? And I got Celery's glasses fixed. And I got a LOF Linear Algebra book for Sinterklaas, and a book of Lindsey Stirling violin music, including the Pokémon theme song. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 5

Hmm. I always wondered. I see kids coding classes and didn't know whether to enroll anyone. Is that what we used to do when we had that old radio shack tandy computer and had to type in all those long commands that you always messed up on when you got 99% done?

Try out Scratch (or Scratch Jr. for prereaders) before you sign up for any classes. It's free and you can see if they even like coding. Weapon X loves Scratch Jr.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Alternatively:

Going into cardiac failure.

"Get a crash cart! this guy's coding!"

That's the 2nd definition on the Urban Dictionary (the computer programming one being the first one), and I'd suggest not reading the remaining definitions (which I'd never heard of, and didn't need to hear of anyway).

Btw, did I mention that the car passed the inspection? And I got Celery's glasses fixed. And I got a LOF Linear Algebra book for Sinterklaas, and a book of Lindsey Stirling violin music, including the Pokémon theme song.

I know the medical ones. They refer to a code blue. I’m married to a medical professional.

• Like 1

I know the medical ones. They refer to a code blue. I’m married to a medical professional.

You weren't the one who was asking though. (and yes, I know she was asking about the programming thing - but, if coding is going to be the vocabulary word of the day, then let's do it right and give all definitions, no? (well, the ones worth mentioning...))

• Like 1

I am so tired I ache. Haven’t been sleeping well.😩 but the potato soup turned out awesome. I put coarse ground pepper in it. It was a little spicy, but delicious. I’m doing bills. I hate bills. “I’m just a bill, yes i’m Only a bill. And I’m sitting here on Capitol Hill.â€

• Like 6