Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good luck Critter!!

Hugs for Slache.

I exercised on Monday and now everything hurts. It’s been so long that it took me longer than it should have to figure out why my head hurts! I must suck it up and exercise tomorrow and Friday and again next week or it’ll never get better. But I want to lazy.

• Like 2

I'm frozen. What am I supposed to be doing?

1. Attempt making a Christmas cracker from scratch. Find cardboard tube first.

2. Shred 3 heads of cabbage for tacos, lo mein tomorrow, and sauerkraut batch.

Nuts - can't have lo mein tomorrow because I won't be home. Maybe Friday. Nuts! Can't have it then either. Saturday? Nuts! Have to make a party food instead. I hate this week. Better put the beef back in the freezer.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

No. I checked the spam filter. They say they keep getting it sent back to them. 

Are they using the correct ending?  Some email addresses are .net but many people assume all are .com.  Or it could be as simple as punctuation marks misplaced, or the slightest of all misspellings.

The simple solution, of course, is for them to simply MAIL IT.

• Like 2

Did you fix Gymnast's tongue tie? The lactation consultant said Baby has an obvious and significant tongue tie and a bit of a lip tie as well. She's surprised we're doing as well as we are. I wish the doctor had fixed it back when he was a newborn and she commented that we'd want to "watch out for a possible tongue tie." Now I'm nervous about pain for Baby and also for my milk supply and his speech if we don't fix it. I'm going to ask the doctor for a referral when he goes next week. The lactation consultant said it looked like an easier type of tongue tie to fix. Baby also nurses much more frequently than anyone else did and he's not very good at it. He spits up and chokes during each session and continues the spitting, choking, and coughing, and sneezing milk all day. 

We didn't, but she doesn't have a severe case. I think it stretched sufficiently on it's own, some kind of way. I'm surprised my husband didn't have his fixed - it is so obvious. Your baby is still young. You can get it fixed and it will heal quickly especially with nursing.

• Like 1

Are they using the correct ending?  Some email addresses are .net but many people assume all are .com.  Or it could be as simple as punctuation marks misplaced, or the slightest of all misspellings.

The simple solution, of course, is for them to simply MAIL IT.

Why can't they just hit "reply?"

• Like 1

Why can't they just hit "reply?"

I had to give them my new email address. For some reason, it won't work.

ETA: Probably spelling my name wrong. I do have a nicely trap-happy spam filter, but I can check it easily. Nothing has shown up. But I told them to stamp it, so hopefully I'll have what I need in a few days. 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

I've figgered out the tricky part of the Christmas cracker. I stopped working on it to deal with cabbage but my craft stuff is still all over the kitchen table. Would I be a bad mom if I made everyone eat dinner outside in rainy 39 degree weather? In the dark? Oh, I know! We can play Hemmingway Eats Tacos!

• Like 5

I am cold, dang it!! I am always cold. I’m wearing layers, it’s 69 degrees in my house and the sun is shining so there’s that radiant heat going on, but i’m Cold.

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ‘

I has a cozy fire. But no hot chocolate. It would be better with hot chocolate.

• Like 3

I've figgered out the tricky part of the Christmas cracker. I stopped working on it to deal with cabbage but my craft stuff is still all over the kitchen table. Would I be a bad mom if I made everyone eat dinner outside in rainy 39 degree weather? In the dark? Oh, I know! We can play Hemmingway Eats Tacos!

What's a Christmas cracker?

• Like 1

So, Gymnast has a mini trampoline. Now life is more dangerous than ever. She wants to use the bar to lean on and hangover (she doesn't try flips thank goodness). She wants to jump from sofa to trampoline and back. No amount of warnings or fussing is stopping her. I'd put it away, but she is literally on it all day. We were so excited about the price, we forgot we wanted one that folded up easily. This one doesn't. She jumps at least 1.5 hours a day, off and on, so the activity is needed.

• Like 8

Phew!  4 hour and 30 minute marathon finished!  I don't think that MIL recognized me at first though she cooperated with me docilely enough.  But about 15 minutes after I came and was getting her in the car, she suddenly smiled and the light went on in her eyes and she said "Oh.... hi!"  But then later she was asking me about my baby at home even though my 15 year old "baby" was standing right next to her.  (My baby is fine and happy since I felt like hearing that would make her feel fine and happy.)  Anyway. . . we got to the new doctor, got her checked in  (why do they insist on a woman with dementia signing forms?  Stupid) and talked to the doctor with my husband on speaker phone.  Then got her back home safe and sound.  And got us back home in rush hour traffic safe and sound.

• Like 9

Phew!  4 hour and 30 minute marathon finished!  I don't think that MIL recognized me at first though she cooperated with me docilely enough.  But about 15 minutes after I came and was getting her in the car, she suddenly smiled and the light went on in her eyes and she said "Oh.... hi!"  But then later she was asking me about my baby at home even though my 15 year old "baby" was standing right next to her.  (My baby is fine and happy since I felt like hearing that would make her feel fine and happy.)  Anyway. . . we got to the new doctor, got her checked in  (why do they insist on a woman with dementia signing forms?  Stupid) and talked to the doctor with my husband on speaker phone.  Then got her back home safe and sound.  And got us back home in rush hour traffic safe and sound.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

I had a busy day today:

took ds17 to and from work

took dd13 to and from concert rehearsal

took winter coats to the dry cleaner

filled up the van at the gas station

made a return at the mall

made a super-quick grocery run

went to church

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

Well I’m losing it.

Last night dd told me I was the best mom in the world and I said, “no I’m not but I’m trying to keep it together†and then I started sobbing in front of all the kids. Tonight ds hurt his eye and as I’m trying to deal with him dh, who is still sitting in front of the computer keeps calling ‘is he ok?†AndI got mad and yelled back “if you care you can get up and check him yourSELFâ€. This is what happens when your wife tells you for months, “I’m getting really burned out†and allyou do is grunt and give her a side hug.

The filter has been disabled. Need reboot.

I liked this post because I like your response!

Sometimes you have to yell/snap/let it out, in order to take care of you.

#noteveryonesverything

:grouphug:

• Like 4

I have now shared this, and Slashie's massage technique, with both my DDs so they can try these when they next have the hiccups.  DD13 is eagerly awaiting her cousins' visit over the holidays.  One or more cousins have had hiccup fits of late.  She wants to try Susan's technique on a particular cousin....

My foolproof hiccups cure is a small shot of straight whiskey or something similar. I promise- it knocks the hiccups out immediately! I've never seen it fail. But it's maybe not a cure you want to try on the cousins...

• Like 5

Well I’m losing it.

Last night dd told me I was the best mom in the world and I said, “no I’m not but I’m trying to keep it together†and then I started sobbing in front of all the kids. Tonight ds hurt his eye and as I’m trying to deal with him dh, who is still sitting in front of the computer keeps calling ‘is he ok?†AndI got mad and yelled back “if you care you can get up and check him yourSELFâ€. This is what happens when your wife tells you for months, “I’m getting really burned out†and allyou do is grunt and give her a side hug.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

What's a Christmas cracker?

The super fancy musical fun:

https://www.amazon.com/Robin-Reed-Handbells-Traditional-788/dp/B001HBCRFW/ref=pd_sim_79_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2NV3BCD5GYHJDWDZ936H

Traditional:

https://www.amazon.com/Robin-Reed-Spode-Christmas-Crackers/dp/B01LZUJPFU/ref=pd_sim_201_15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1TP9AHT9NA1WA4A42BDD

It's an British tradition at Christmas dinner. 2 people pull on each end and the ends rip off and a "firecracker" goes off (like a pop-gun) and treasures fall out - usually a tissue paper crown, a ridiculous joke, and a worthless trinket that makes you all giddy with excitement.

They cost between $3 and $6 apiece ready-made, so I am experimenting with making my own which is pretty cheap if you already have card stock or toilet paper rolls and wrapping paper and trinkets to stuff in there. I ordered some "snaps" to put in them which came today (:hurray:) so I can see if they really work. I also ordered a couple sets of really cheap "diy cracker kits" and they are turning out pretty well. It's what all our extended family are getting for Christmas from now until the End of Time, or until I run out of snaps which might be 3 years.

• Like 3

Well I’m losing it.

Completely understandable.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:   ENB is on the ready if you say the word.   :gnorsi:

• Like 3

Ds17 tried Slache's Cure for Hiccups. It worked immediately. He sends his thanks.

Susan, I would have tried your Stare 'Em Down method, except I was driving and couldn't look ds17 in the face without running off the road.

We tried Slache's Cure yesterday but it didn't work. Maybe we did it wrong. Neither did my cure because dd11 kept laughing at my serious face. :glare:

Dh read an article once that said whatever your brain sees as more urgent to focus on than causing muscle spasms will "cure" hiccups. So if your brain starts to worry about dying because you are holding your breath and swallowing water upside down, or the shock of a shot of whiskey, or the distraction of a massage, or the fear of someone demanding a performance, that's what will work.

• Like 5

What on earth, yellow pages. When I was a kid, there'd be "see Automobile Repair" or w/e right before "Car Washing & Waxing". Who on earth uses the word "automobile" anyway? Certainly not my 7 & 10yos. And realistically, who uses physical phone books/yellow pages other than crazy homeschoolers with library science backgrounds who think that it would be worthwhile to teach kids how to use reference books so try to write up their own worksheets on how to use the thing that gets delivered once or twice a year anyway and is otherwise only good as fire starter? (yes, I know that was a horrible run-on sentence)

• Like 4

(this is obviously the first time I'm making such a work sheet. also, my motivation is mostly in giving them a clue of how information can be organized in useful ways, not so much in the almost entirely useless skill of actually using the phone book/yellow pages (we're not even in the phone book (nor in the yellow pages, for that matter, since we don't have a business))).

• Like 2