Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm doing one load of laundry - wash and dry.  I will do the folding tomorrow as part of tomorrow's laundry tasks.  So my part of laundry today will only take five minutes or so.  I also did a quick clean of the kitchen.  Then I did something that I've wanted to do forever.  I cleaned my very gross silverware drawer.  I'm embarrassed to say that it is gross!  (The actual tray for clean silverware is not gross, but the drawer underneath was.)  This is something I want to do every time I open that drawer.  I've always been so overwhelmed at the thought.  But because I'm not playing catch up for once, I had the time and energy.  I do have to work on the fact that my family left for fun and I was overjoyed to have time to clean out a gross drawer. . . ;)

• Like 5

As soon as the family picks up the wood-fired pizzas we will have our wild Reformation Day rumpus.  We're watching Wonder Woman.  Dd wants to watch Woman in Gold.  Ds wants to watch Baby Driver.  I win.  (Partly because my movie has to go back and theirs doesn't.  But also partly because they have won for 20 years and now I win.) 

• Like 6

We are back from the Reformation concert. It was glorious. Great(x14) Grandpa Luther wrote some pretty good stuff. I ran into several people that I have not seen in years (3 churches from our local presbytery got this together) and Choir Boy and his mom came. Also I stumbled down the marble steps after the concert but managed to not break myself or my violin.

• Like 5

As soon as the family picks up the wood-fired pizzas we will have our wild Reformation Day rumpus. We're watching Wonder Woman. Dd wants to watch Woman in Gold. Ds wants to watch Baby Driver. I win. (Partly because my movie has to go back and theirs doesn't. But also partly because they have won for 20 years and now I win.)

GoJeanGo!

• Like 2

I found that drums are expensive. Maybe a recorder would do...or I'll tell my parents I heard that my nephew would love a drum set! 

Telling your parents is even better!  You get the enjoyment, and your parents get the credit!

• Like 1

I've been looking on Amazon. I think I'll get him snakes in a can, trick sticks of gum, and a remote controlled fart machine. He'll be 7, so I think that'll make me the best aunt ever.

Oh yes, that certainly will!   :laugh:

Goodnight sportsball,

Goodnight sportsball,

Goodnight sportsball,

It's time to say goodnight.

Wearily we go to bed, 

go to bed,

go to bed, 

wearily we go to bed.

We'll see you in the morn-ing.

'Night-night, all!

• Like 2

Good morning! The Queen's favorite day.

Dh liked Ready Player One but I haven't read it yet. I think it's coming out in a movie soon.

I slept a bit and then was awake for a thousand hours and then slept a little again. Yawn.

Hey Bookworm, I'm glad things turned around for you!

Coffee substitute!

Booyah Booyah Booyahwn

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

Good Morning!!!

Monday!!👎

COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ (Not ready yet, I was so distracted last night I forgot to finish getting it ready, so now I am waiting😩😩😩 First World problem, I know.)

Beginning of a busy week - tonight is DS's Basketball something or other. I had to buy tickets and it's a dinner and a 3-point contest and they introduce the Basketball teams. DS being a freshman is on JV. DH says the coach is a good man and DS seems to enjoy being on the team, so here's hoping he can keep his grades up and stay on the team.

• Like 3

Good Monday Morning!  I could NOT get to sleep last night until 1am, finally.  I would have slept in, but gotta take the boys to CC.

COFFEE!!!!  

It's only 32 degrees here!   :eek:   But the high should be around 55.  

Hope everyone has a great day!

:001_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Fall break is over, and it's back to lessons. The baby decided he no longer needs his morning nap, so I'll be adding "Baby Wrangler" to my list of morning school time duties.

I remember when my kids gave up their morning naps. I got this panicky feeling, like "now what am I going to do with them awake all morning??"
  • Like 6

Ready Player One is one of DS's favorite books. I should read it. I actually made a deal with him to read it in exchange for him doing something for me a few years ago and haven't followed through. I'm working my way through old books I should have read in college that are free on kindle, and then I have my book club books I have to read, so I keep forgetting DS's book. 

Baby had a hard time sleeping last night. I had big plans to take a big nap after we went to the store but he's napping now! Why Baby, why??  Maybe he's so exhausted that he'll stay asleep through the store and home and back to bed. 

DS used the last bit of coffee in the house this morning but he was super nice and left me some! :hurray:  :001_wub: He usually takes a whole pot in the morning- a cup before school, and then a large thermos to make it through the rest of the day. He left me more than enough for my 1 cup a day.

• Like 7

I have not read that, but I'll look into it.

I had never heard of Mr. Penumbra's before, but I have a thing with reading books that have bookstore, bookshop, or library in the title. I've yet to be disappointed in a story so titled, even if it wasn't my favorite thing ever. It's actually stretched my reading in unexpected ways. I mentioned this tendency in another thread, and someone recommended Mr. Penumbra's. It wasn't Literature, but it was fun.

Has anyone else read by theme like that before? (I also recently picked up a book to try because I liked the font of the title. My librarian thinks I'm nuts, but I'm not super picky about my brain fluff reading. And I have no problem abandoning a book I don't like.)

There is part of me that wants to suppress all this book discussion.  But the most of me is putting things on the Amazon wishlist.  My child has ReadyPlayerOne and hasn't read it yet and won't give it up. The Penumbra one is now on the list.  But the rule doesn't work, because The Little Paris Bookshop was barf and I couldn't make myself finish it.

(Actually, pleasepleaseplease keep up the booktalk. :001_wub: )

• Like 1

Is it bedtime yet?

No?

Okay--caffeine.

I did not stay up to see the exciting conclusion of last night's baseball game, although I did get to crow at DH who swore when the Astros were down three in the first inning that the series was over.

I went to bed at nine odd and slept until almost eight. I guess I was tired or something.

• Like 4

Good morning! I am not ketch upped, and I probably won't. I'm just checking in.

I had to impose a no-screens rule for the boys and myself, which I am breaking right now. My little boys were behaving more like little zombies, and asking them to play instead was akin to taking away a junkie's stash. So we are detoxing in this house, and I'm trying to set the example.

I miss you guys, and hugs for everyone.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 6

It's probably close to 30 here this morning and I'm thinking about putting on short. I'm hot.

It's going to get into the upper 70s here today.  The air is nicely cool now, but soon it will be time to go uncover the plumeria and greet the sun's warmth.  Main class time day, followed by hair cuts and maybe clothing/shoe shopping.  I also need to cut DH's hair this evening so it has a chance to lose the just-cut look before the wedding.  11 days and counting down.

• Like 1

Good morning! I am not ketch upped, and I probably won't. I'm just checking in.

I had to impose a no-screens rule for the boys and myself, which I am breaking right now. My little boys were behaving more like little zombies, and asking them to play instead was akin to taking away a junkie's stash. So we are detoxing in this house, and I'm trying to set the example.

I miss you guys, and hugs for everyone.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   Just to tide you over until you can come back.

• Like 1

Well, the query letters are up from that contest I entered a few weeks ago. Should be able to do some analysis and study today and see what passes the agent's muster and what doesn't.

I was deeply disheartened to see the terrifically low word counts for everything. The longest count was 118K for a science fiction submission. One high fantasy got in at just over 100K. Everything else was pretty low. (Under 100K)

• Like 2

I’m reading Anna Karenina now. I would have hated it as a teen, but love it now. I think schools are misguided to push some of the classics on young adults/teens. I would have sympathized w/Kitty at 18, but now I understand Anna- which is probably the way it was intended to be read.

Baby woke up after the store. Of course he did. ðŸ™ðŸ˜´

Edited by Paige
  • Like 7