Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think I just need to drag them to a store and buy them costumes. I didn't want to do that though... they're an age now where they can help make their own costumes. DW says maybe we should bribe them with the $8/month minecraft server they want in order for them to just forget about Halloween. And then she said she'd be more likely to want to do Halloween with them if I were dead. Um, thanks?

• Like 1

Would Broccoli consent to being a black cat?

ETA: Halloween Horror Booyah!

It's hard to do costumes, 

When both want the same,

What both children wanted,

They now think is lame.

What's a parent to do,

When the kids won't decide,

Before Halloween's over,

And the parent is fried?

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 6

The cobbler looks good. Hopefully it tastes good bc it dripped incontinently all over my oven and now I’ll have to clean it. I can’t taste test since it’s wheat.

I think they paased whatever it was to me. Plague! Plague!

I hope it tastes good. Fingers crossed.

I went to the Afsa. I survived. We are severely over budget this month, so I bought only the barest essentials. I hate $.

Youngest is having a week.  Croup, dental woes, and now a shovel to the head. I can't even make this stuff up.  I sent the older three to pull weeds. Youngest decided to dig a hole in the mulched bed.  One of my middles grabbed a shovel, for some reason I cannot fathom, and put it over his shoulder.  Somehow it made contact with Youngest's forehead, leaving a small puncture wound. 

***sigh***

The cut does not need stitches, but she's going to have a big bruise and a bandaid on her forehead for the children's program at church tomorrow.

Hugs for Baby Prairie!!

I texted with Dawn.  Her uncle passed away, but her Mom is doing okay.  And she has had internet problems.  She said she'll check in next week if the internet is working.  She is glad to be remembered and missed!   :grouphug:  :001_wub:

. Thank you, Lynn, for updating us. Hugs for Dawn, too!!
  • Like 3

We're not doing pumpkins or Halloween. Tuesday we will go out to eat with friends. It has to double as dd's adoption anniversary dinner, though.

I vote for a really nice dinner with something special for dessert.

I'm hungry...

Somebody tell my stupid chickens it's dark enough that they can go to the house? For some reason they'd rather stay out, fluffed up, rather than go into their nice, comfortable, clean (and warmer) chicken house.

• Like 1

Youngest is having a week. Croup, dental woes, and now a shovel to the head. I can't even make this stuff up. I sent the older three to pull weeds. Youngest decided to dig a hole in the mulched bed. One of my middles grabbed a shovel, for some reason I cannot fathom, and put it over his shoulder. Somehow it made contact with Youngest's forehead, leaving a small puncture wound.

***sigh***

The cut does not need stitches, but she's going to have a big bruise and a bandaid on her forehead for the children's program at church tomorrow.

Awwww. Poor thing! :grouphug:

We will carve a pumpkin tomorrow or Monday, and procure candy bars to enjoy with our movie on Halloween night, which we plan to enjoy in our living room, whilst enjoying a nice little fire in the fireplace, popcorn with butter and salt, and tall glasses of apple cider.

That's how I do Halloween.

ETA: And have for a while. See note about kids who won't eat anything but the good stuff, and dislike of doorbells.

Sounds like our plan for this year. DS doesn’t care to go out. I’m okay with that.

• Like 2

I am freezing to death. I don't know why I'm so cold, other than I'm just cold. And my flannel shirt is in the dryer.

:grouphug:   Have some hot cocoa.  Or some hot cider.   :drool5:

• Like 1

We will carve a pumpkin tomorrow or Monday, and procure candy bars to enjoy with our movie on Halloween night, which we plan to enjoy in our living room, whilst enjoying a nice little fire in the fireplace, popcorn with butter and salt, and tall glasses of apple cider.

That's how I do Halloween.

ETA: And have for a while. See note about kids who won't eat anything but the good stuff, and dislike of doorbells.

This is a good Halloween celebration.

• Like 2

Or someone can go as a towel, and someone else as a ring, and I can throw the towel in the ring. 

Make a portable boxing ring big enough for the two of them to carry around with them inside.  Dress them as towels with boxing gloves.  Let the trick-or-treatees "guess" at what they are supposed to be; I'm sure some with come up with some very punny ideas!

Hey, look, both contenders threw in the towel!

No dear, that's a towel ring!

So that's what the laundry gets up to in the dryer!

• Like 3

SUSAN HAS FABULOUS CHILDREN!

Aw shucks. I guess they're keepers. :)

And thanks to theatrical dd19's years and years of costume creating, they are pretty well trained in putting together their own costumes. Maybe with a little help digging through closets/drawers/boxes and braiding hair.

• Like 4

I am now a member of the ITT UTI club. Why is this a thing??

CVS Minute Clinic, y'all. It's closer than my doctor.

Never mind maghmour, I'm making pasta with some eggplant bits in the sauce. Faster.

We went out to a local seafood restaurant for our anniversary dinner.  I had red snapper, and it was delish!  I have leftovers for my breakfast in the morning.

They also made a crawfish bread appetizer that we tried -- quite good, too!  I am sure that was a remoulade sauce with the crawfish on top of the garlic bread.

Now that I have tried red snapper I will have to try cooking it soon.  I like to try eating fishes new to me first (at someplace where it is prepared well) so I know how it is supposed to turn out.  This way if I don't like it a) I won't try to cook it, and b) if I do try to cook it I at least know it wasn't something I did, it was the fish.

Lightly breaded and pan-fried red snapper....  :drool5:

• Like 3

Also please stop talking about the Halloween candy I'm not supposed to be eating. #hungry

Sorry!  I'll stop talking about food.

As we were leaving to come home we saw a bride and groom arriving for their wedding reception.  As we passed we congratulated them and told them they picked a great day for their wedding, and mentioned it was our wedding anniversary.  They wished us happy anniversary, and we wished them happy wedding and many anniversaries to come.

• Like 4

I took a nice break in the middle for lunch and some glorious reading of a Flavia de Luce mystery.  So far so good.

I'm writing course descriptions of ds' high school courses.  He didn't need them for his current college program but he might need them in the future. 

Thank you for mentioning the book.  I hadn't heard of those before.  Googling the character led me to the author's website, and these sound like something my MIL (and me, if I ever get time to just read again) might enjoy.  Christmas is coming....

Would Broccoli consent to being a black cat?

ETA: Halloween Horror Booyah!

It's hard to do costumes, 

When both want the same,

What both children wanted,

They now think is lame.

What's a parent to do,

When the kids won't decide,

Before Halloween's over,

And the parent is fried?

Argh!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

The cobbler looks good. Hopefully it tastes good bc it dripped incontinently all over my oven and now I’ll have to clean it. I can’t taste test since it’s wheat.

I think they paased whatever it was to me. Plague! Plague!

:hurray:  for the cobbler.   :grouphug:  for the oven cleaning and plague.

I vote for a really nice dinner with something special for dessert.

I'm hungry...

Somebody tell my stupid chickens it's dark enough that they can go to the house? For some reason they'd rather stay out, fluffed up, rather than go into their nice, comfortable, clean (and warmer) chicken house.

Goodnight, chickens

Goodnight, chickens

Goodnight, chickens!

It's time to go to bed.

• Like 3

Tomorrow we put the paddle boards up for the winter.  It is unlikely we will get another weekend free to paddle until December or January, and by then the water will be much too cold.  Ah well.

But it's still flannel shirt weather tomorrow!  And long jeans!

• Like 1