Menu

Ignore this thread!

THANKYOUSOMUCH! I found one I really like but it's like a million dollars. I don't know what I'm looking at at there aren't any unabridged locally. :glare:

It's a baseball team. I think? Yes, he's dying for his own copy.

You are welcome.  Let me know if you have trouble finding a new copy of that one.

I frequently root for players on both teams playing (any sport going), and will cheer for both teams at the same time.  It's more fun that way.  I get to cheer regardless of what happens (except for injuries -- no one cheers for those), and it annoys the hardcore team fans.   :D

• Like 1

Vopo Warning!

Ds12 and I came home early from church because ds is feeling weak again. He's been weak and mildly nauseous off and on for 5 days now, but no actual vomiting and no fever. I'm ready for him to be done with it!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Roll Tide!

I don't know what this means.

You are welcome.  Let me know if you have trouble finding a new copy of that one.

I frequently root for players on both teams playing (any sport going), and will cheer for both teams at the same time.  It's more fun that way.  I get to cheer regardless of what happens (except for injuries -- no one cheers for those), and it annoys the hardcore team fans.   :D

There are some like new with dust jackets and stuff.
  • Like 1

What is a really special breakfast we can make or purchase for Reformation Day?

(Dutch Babies are out, as per the banning.)

Pumpkin pancakes!  Maple-smoked bacon!  Apples apples apples!  Ooooo, CIDER!

• Like 1

Looks like the wind is going to cooperate today. Imma have the boys load up the boats. There's a sail that needs trying out, and I could use the water time.

ETA: It's a River-Time Booyah!

And yeah, there's a poem perking about that.

Go, paddles!

• Like 1

I used to have this vain hope that at some point in the year, there was a time when sports didn't overlap. But living with DH has taught me better. If it isn't football, it's baseball, basketball, hockey (I like!), tennis, golf or the horses--racing and pacing. So never a break, really.

I got boots! I wouldn't have them, only my father, whilst out bargain hunting, ran across them and snapped them up at 4$. They are comfortable, cozy and boots!

SCORE!  Yay, Dad!

• Like 2

I used to have this vain hope that at some point in the year, there was a time when sports didn't overlap. But living with DH has taught me better. If it isn't football, it's baseball, basketball, hockey (I like!), tennis, golf or the horses--racing and pacing. So never a break, really.

Soccer?  Lacrosse?  Rugby?  Jai Alai?  Aussie football?  Cricket?  Polo?  Water Polo?  Archery?  Bowling?  Parquor?  American Ninja Warrior?  Track?  Swimming?  Biathalon?  Triathalon?  Iron Man?  Regatta?  

• Like 2

ITTing while watching online church is akin to passing notes, isn't it.  I might be in trouble.

DH doesn't think you are in danger of the teacher catching you at it and reading your posts in front of the entire congregation.

• Like 3

Soccer?  Lacrosse?  Rugby?  Jai Alai?  Aussie football?  Cricket?  Polo?  Water Polo?  Archery?  Bowling?  Parquor?  American Ninja Warrior?  Track?  Swimming?  Biathalon?  Triathalon?  Iron Man?  Regatta?  

I would certainly add Lacrosse (we both like it), bowling is already on there. Soccer--that might be the one game we both find a little slow, but we've watched it. I like track and swimming, and would love to watch more sailing--although that might create a monster out of my son, and I can't afford a sailboat!

• Like 2

DH used to only watch his teams- basketball and football. That was fine; maybe a game once a week every now and again. Then some jerk (my brother) invited him to a fantasy football league. Now he’s obsessed! He must watch every stupid game from every stupid team. He listens to ESPN nonstop, and it even spilled over to now caring about all the teams and all the sports!

I owe my brother a set of drums for his DS! 👿

Edited by Paige
  • Like 3

DH used to only watch his teams- basketball and football. That was fine; maybe a game once a week every now and again. Then some jerk (my brother) invited him to a fantasy football league. Now he’s obsessed! He must watch every stupid game from every stupid team. He listens to ESPN nonstop, and it even spilled over to now caring about all the teams and all the sports!

I owe my brother a set of drums for his DS! 👿

The biggest and noisiest set they make. :laugh:

• Like 2

I only have 5lbs to lose now! But don’t hate me- my DDs still tell me every day that I “should join a gym†for my stomach, and I can still only wear 2 pants. My DDs are on my annoying list- I’m starting to think they have issues! They care way too much about my stomach. What will they do if they get a tummy?

I only have 5lbs to lose now! But don’t hate me- my DDs still tell me every day that I “should join a gym†for my stomach, and I can still only wear 2 pants. My DDs are on my annoying list- I’m starting to think they have issues! They care way too much about my stomach. What will they do if they get a tummy?

Might be a good time to talk to them about accepting your body in whatever shape it's in, and reminding them that life will consist of a wide array of "shapes" at one point or another. 

• Like 4

They will judge themselves the way they judge you. I would consider a discussion about body image and kindness. I apologize if I'm overstepping boundaries here.

And an electric guitar goes great with drums, fyi.

• Like 3

I will have to find out how that finally ended.  It is unseemly around here not to know how the Astros are doing or what they are up to.  I am frequently quite unseemly, like this morning.

#notasportsperson

#likestofindwaystogoodnaturedlyteasesportspeople

Around here there are the Buffalo Bills, I think, but I'm not sure what sport they play.... football? Hockey is pretty popular around here. I don't think the Bills are doing all that great in w/e sport they play. 

#cluelessaboutsportsball

• Like 1

yawn.gif

iTired.

Too much driving and too many late nights.  And, whilst post-concert coffee does help make Jill a more alert late-night driver, it does not lend itself to making Jill a good sleeper. ireallyreallyTired.

And DH needs to get all the things done (which means that I need to do a bunch of the things), so that he can leave for Cali.  He was supposed to go right after Thanksgiving, but MIL is not doing very well and is in the hospital.  So he's going now and will be gone indefinitely but for at least a month.  And we're supposed to get our first real snow 2 days after he leaves.  Which is not the end of the world because I've done a whole winter on my own and it is A LOT more important that he go help take care of YiaYia but iTired and WAAAAAH.

Did you get all that?  Because there'll be a test later.

Not really.  I'm just tired and cranky.

• Like 3

For basketball we used to have the Buffalo Braves, before they moved to California (decades ago). Now we basically have the Buffalo Bulls, from UB (so, only college basketball). From Wikipedia:

Sports are a major part of the city's culture. In recent decades Buffalo based teams have become known for crushing, and sometimes controversial, defeats. "Wide Right""No Goal" and the Music City Miracle have come to define the suffering of Buffalo Sports fans. In February 2012 Forbes listed Buffalo #4 on its list of "Most Miserable Sports Cities."[1]

(behind Atlanta, Seattle, and Phoenix) 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

DH-"Did you intend these chocolate bars to be for Halloween?"

Me-"Yeah, we aren't going anywhere."

DH-"But they are for Halloween."

Me-"Yeah."

DH-"What if we get trick-or-treaters?"

Me- :001_huh: "We won't have any."

DH-"But what if we do?"

Me-"I'll give them a chocolate bar."

We have never, ever, ever had a trick-or-treater here. It's a driveway longer than one tenth of a mile, in the dark, through spider-infested woodlands populated by screech owls to get to my deep, dark, front porch with additional spiders waiting.

Now you watch--this year somebody will brave the gauntlet.

Where do you live again? We're trick & treating at Critter's and AMJ's this year (btw, AMJ, I think I need a reminder on how to get to your place too... go south-west, I think, right?)

• Like 2

Chess! UTD still stands undefeated in football, btw (afaik). 

And an electric guitar goes great with drums, fyi.

No, because you can play that wearing headphones.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 3