Menu

Ignore this thread!

What does this even mean?  And what are the other choices?

A non-basic white girl which means no yoga pants, no pumpkin spice and no country music. Don't wanna.

I'm having blueberry herbal tea. It's my new favorite, which is odd because I'm not much of a fruit-flavored tea lover.

I've been drinking sleepy time tea for months.
  • Like 2

The sports fans are all angsting on Nextdoor down here now.  "Which to do?  Pass out candy?  Or watch the game?"  Some are setting themselves up in their garages with TVs, chairs, candy bowls, etc.  I think certain sports-fan parents will be taking their kids to neighborhoods where the most garage TV set-ups will be running.  "Hang on, kids.  We'll move on to the next house after this play.  Okay, it's time to move.  Three houses to the next garage!  Go go go!"

• Like 4

To the best of my understanding it's a phrase meaning typical white woman. My clothing, wording, diet etc. are all typical white woman things. I guess she's more interesting or worldly than I am.

So now she is stereotyping, apparently as a form of criticism, and basing it on the most inane, superficial things.  Has she no idea how much this discourages people from having faith in anything she has to say?

• Like 4

Made obsolete by the ITT. Not that I ever used Tumblr pre-ITT.

I forgot it existed.  I forget most social media exist until someone talks about them.   :leaving:

#notcompletelysocialmediailliterate

#IhaveITT.Don'tneedanythingelse

• Like 4

Oh, and while I'm bragging about our accomplishments, Broccoli finished Honey today. LOF Honey, that is. If he'd finished our honey, I'd probably be mad, since I just bought a bottle of honey yesterday, lol.

Hide the honey when my DD16 comes over.  She snacks on it, and then fusses when there is no honey for tea.

#hidinghoneyhere

• Like 3

At least 1.5 hours of work left before I can sleep, and I've got 4% life left in my battery.

Literally and figuratively.  

:grouphug:   I hope you got some good sleep.  And your computer battery, too.

I bought little bottles of root beer for tomorrow - A&W. Also these weird purple grapes I've never seen before called "moon drop" grapes. We're going to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread.

With moon drop grapes?  That will be some interesting bread!

Well, I'm sure if you work really hard you can be an Advanced White Girl someday. And get a couple of merit badges or something.

With grapes??

Jeannie's working on her merit badge right now!

• Like 1

We went to this basketball thingie at DS's school. It was fun. Now I'm back. I want some COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸ but it's too late. And I tried to tune my guitar,🎸 but it's too hard. I got this tuner ap for my phone, but I can't figure it out. 😩😩😩

DD13 is with you there.  I need to dig out my other learn-guitar materials and my good tuner so she can learn how to tune it correctly.

• Like 1

Mom has contradicted some of my brother’s genealogical conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mis-read this at first as "contracted", and thought his findings were revising family history recollections.

• Like 2

We have to do science labs tomorrow.  I hate doing science labs.

Do we have a staff member who can take over?  

ETA:  Booyah!  

When you wrangle one we need time with him/her/them, too.  I keep trying to find one, but they keep looking at our place and backing away cautiously.

• Like 1

Sitting at VT now. Just realized I forgot to update you with the VT exam results. Will do that later when I have access to a full-size keyboard.

We’re on break this week. DH has off all week. I go back to work tomorrow. :(

I think DH and I are going to get to go out to eat later and try something new. Yay!!!

I am not liking your SIL, Slache. She sounds ignorant.

• Like 4

I almost spit my coffee out on that one, but managed to save it just in time. Good thing, too, because there's no morr half n half after this cup until I haul myself and the four kidlets to the store.

We have to stop by the store, too.  DD16's (stuffed) monkey insisted on a Halloween costume and wants to go trick-or-treating, but will only eat the bananas.  We might be the only one passing out bananas for trick-or-treating monkeys.

• Like 2

A non-basic white girl which means no yoga pants, no pumpkin spice and no country music. Don't wanna.

I'm a non-basic white girl.   :leaving:

Non-basic white girls need a better name.

I call them jerks.

You're calling me a jerk because I don't wear yoga pants, I don't do pumpkin spice, and i don't listen to country music?

I think one of us needs more sleep.  Maybe both of us.  :)

• Like 5

Oh my goodness.  I am too.  And I didn't even realize it until you said so.   :laugh:   (I hate to say it, but I think that makes us old fogies.)   :leaving:

DD16 says I wear Mom clothes.

• Like 1

You're calling me a jerk because I don't wear yoga pants, I don't do pumpkin spice, and i don't listen to country music?

I think one of us needs more sleep.  Maybe both of us.  :)

She's not calling YOU a jerk.  Just her SIL at this point.  Please cut her some slack.  She's on SIL overload right now, and needs a recuperative period before she can shake off all the negativity.  She would never call YOU a jerk.  Not really.

• Like 3

Basic White?!?

No, BookWorm!  With a cute little icon reminiscent of a cute VW.  I suggested this before all of the blow-up of Slashie's SIL's latest stupidity.  We can go with something else if said SIL has spoiled this suggestion.

• Like 2

She's not calling YOU a jerk.  Just her SIL at this point.  Please cut her some slack.  She's on SIL overload right now, and needs a recuperative period before she can shake off all the negativity.  She would never call YOU a jerk.  Not really.

I know that she's not meaning to call me a jerk, but that's what it looked like at first glance.  I figured she had just missed my post where I said that I was a "basic white girl".  It's also why I said we both needed more sleep and added a smiley.

We're good.

Hugs to you, Slashie.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  Your posts about your SiL make me glad that I married an only child.

• Like 5

Good morning, all! I ketchupped and I'm procrastinating. I didn't clean the kitchen last night before I went to bed. I always, always regret doing that (except when I have a new baby and every day seems to run into the next, anyway), but yet at least once a week I convince myself it doesn't matter and I should just go to bed. And maybe it doesn't matter, and sleep was more important, but my house elf is lazy and apparently doesn't do dishes. So now I'm avoiding them, because I hate doing dishes at 5 in the morning.

Dude.  We're twinsies.

Yesterday, dd brought me the 3 Magic Treehouse books she just blew through and asked me to read them, because "they're sooooo good, Mom!" How could I say no? Jack and Annie have just been abducted by pirates, and the sentence fragments make me want to scream. Silently. Where dd can't see me. Because I'm happy she's reading.

Dude. We're twinsies. The only ones worse than the Magic Treehouse books were the Rainbow Magic Fairies. Barf.

For the record, I prefer Bookie to Wormy, and I knew a guy named McDermit once. I think it's cool you give nicknames, and I'm happy with whatever you decide on. I've never had a nickname before.

I was going to suggest "Books."  But then I thought better of it. :mellow:

Coffee now. Gonna savor this last cup with half n half.

Dude. We're twinsies.

• Like 5

I think today's progression will be:

orthodontist

grocery store for more bananas, and some other stuff if I can just remember what those items were

ballet class

DD16 starting her laundry

belated class time for today

decorating outside for Halloween (string some lights and plug in the inside decorations that shine through the side windows around our front door)

music practice

exercise

make sure the cat is IN

start enjoying trick-or-treaters

Maybe I can squeeze in cleaning up my desk area, because tomorrow starts NANOWRIMO!!!!

• Like 2

It's really cold outside. I don't wanna winter. I don't wanna adult.

I think I need a kick in the pants.

Olaf!  Some cocoa and Swedish pancakes for JJM, please!  Don't forget the lingonberries!  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Happy Reformation Day!

Happy All Hallows Eve!

Happy Halloween!

We have the day off today!! Root beer for everyone! ðŸ»

Some music to inspire your day - Death Shall Not Destroy My Comfort (the most glorious Mack Wilberg arrangement):

Coffee!

:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

I am in danger of doldrumming.  The Dad Project has taken over too many levels of my thoughts.  I am having trouble thinking through anything else, but I need to work on other things, too.  I'm going to burn out on DP too quickly if I don't figure out a way to balance this.

Maybe it's time to mop the floor.  I need something physical to do so I can let my brain just mull.  Perhaps some treadmill time, too, while awaiting trick-or-treaters.

ETA:  It would help if my packages would just arrive.  I have stuff coming in for discbound notebooks, to organize DP stuff and other stuff.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

I am in danger of doldrumming.  The Dad Project has taken over too many levels of my thoughts.  I am having trouble thinking through anything else, but I need to work on other things, too.  I'm going to burn out on DP too quickly if I don't figure out a way to balance this.

Maybe it's time to mop the floor.  I need something physical to do so I can let my brain just mull.  Perhaps some treadmill time, too, while awaiting trick-or-treaters.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Good morning. <pretend I said it spooky>

I haven't had my caffeine yet. Let the panic begin.

I plan to mostly goof off, work on my novel planning, and draw today. I might think about school. I need to go fetch the pumpkin for carving, fetch the movie, and then figure out something for dinner. We will watch our movie before the game.

• Like 4