Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hold my hand, ITT.  I'm doing the big book purge I should've done two years ago.  I cut our collection to about 1000 books then, and moved with just 12 bookcases.  Now I'm trying to get it to 5.  I'm scared on one hand, because I'm saying goodbye to "friends".  On the other hand, I find myself keeping the things I fell in love with at the very beginning--Greenleaf Guides, Calliope magazines, etc.  I think I'm coming back to my homeschool roots and bringing a few treasures I've found along the past decade.  I'm going to be ultra-simplified because I don't have stuff to distract me.

• Like 5

My DD and her neighbor friend made up and went trick or treating (after DD apologized). I walked with the mom and she was nice, normal, friendly, and she responded to my texts earlier that I sent over a week ago. Coincidence? She's going to bring the library book back too. Maybe I'm seeing patterns that aren't there? I don't care...I ain't got no time for grudges or drama...we're moving on.  

We didn't get many trick or treaters. I was a little disappointed. I love seeing the kids and families dressed up, but nobody wants to hike our hill. 

Here's my babies. I'll take the picture down later.

• Like 5

Hold my hand, ITT.  I'm doing the big book purge I should've done two years ago.  I cut our collection to about 1000 books then, and moved with just 12 bookcases.  Now I'm trying to get it to 5.  I'm scared on one hand, because I'm saying goodbye to "friends".  On the other hand, I find myself keeping the things I fell in love with at the very beginning--Greenleaf Guides, Calliope magazines, etc.  I think I'm coming back to my homeschool roots and bringing a few treasures I've found along the past decade.  I'm going to be ultra-simplified because I don't have stuff to distract me.

Go, Prairie, go!

A lot of the friends being released can be found again later for visits, if and when desired.  In the meantime they can go on to befriend others and share the love.

• Like 1

We didn't get many trick or treaters. I was a little disappointed. I love seeing the kids and families dressed up, but nobody wants to hike our hill. 

Here's my babies. I'll take the picture down later.

Lovely family!!!!

• Like 1

Now I just need to figure out what's missing. Last time it was shampoo and conditioner, lotion and muscle relaxers. Yesterday every time she had to use the bathroom she said "I'll just use your bathroom" and I said "the guest bathroom is fine". Finally she just showed up in ours while I was tending to the neighbor's dog. She brought all of her supplies in from the other bathroom so she had plenty of places to hide my things. :glare:

Good Morning!

I have had super bad headaches this week.  And I'm supposed to drive to Pennsylvania later this week for my SiL's baby shower.  I'm concerned.  :unsure:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

No other driver to travel with, or other transportation options?  Could you instead stay home and send well wishes and your present?  Bad headaches while driving are to be avoided, to state the obvious.

I think we have enough leftovers to not buy food for the rest of the week because our food is disgusting and SIL couldn't eat it. There was a definite improvement on the last time when she demanded we take her out for every meal and throwing a total fit when we didn't. Our little girl is growing up.

• Like 1

Now I just need to figure out what's missing. Last time it was shampoo and conditioner, lotion and muscle relaxers. Yesterday every time she had to use the bathroom she said "I'll just use your bathroom" and I said "the guest bathroom is fine". Finally she just showed up in ours while I was tending to the neighbor's dog. She brought all of her supplies in from the other bathroom so she had plenty of places to hide my things. :glare:

So many not-helpful and snarky things I could say to this.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good morning!

Now that ds12 is done being John Denver, he can get his hair cut! :D

Plotters have everything mapped out from start to finish.

Pantsers start out with a vague idea and a prayer.

Aha! I think she is a Plotter this time, mainly because she is a little worried about getting the word count in.

Coffee!

• Like 3

No other driver to travel with, or other transportation options?  Could you instead stay home and send well wishes and your present?  Bad headaches while driving are to be avoided, to state the obvious.

No other driver unless dh takes off work.  And we have to drive.  It's about 3 hours and it's me and all of the kids.

This baby will be my kids' first first cousin.  The little girls have been looking forward to the shower for a long time.

These migraines have already stolen so much from my family, that I'm feeling kind of stubborn about this one.

I *will* make sure that I'm safe to drive; we may just need to leave at a time different than what was originally planned.

• Like 4

I think we have enough leftovers to not buy food for the rest of the week because our food is disgusting and SIL couldn't eat it. There was a definite improvement on the last time when she demanded we take her out for every meal and throwing a total fit when we didn't. Our little girl is growing up.

One small step towards it, perhaps.  Enjoy your leftovers!

Has she ever treated all of YOU to a meal out?  As a guest staying a while in the home it is good form to try to lessen the burden of one's stay by pitching in a little and/or treating the family in return somehow.

MIL used to tell visitors, "You are company for the first two days.  After that you have joined the family and will have chores to do."  Of course the company this was told to was always the younger generation visitors.  She never said that to her parents or parents-in-law.  Nobody minded pitching in, either!

• Like 2

Wow.

Ya know, disregard if this crosses a line, but have you considered you might have to ban her eventually? Especially if she starts criticizing the kids to their faces the way she does you.

She is getting much better. I hadn't considered it but I don't think Matt would go for it anyway. I wouldn't at this point.

So many not-helpful and snarky things I could say to this.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'll bet I have more!

No other driver unless dh takes off work.  And we have to drive.  It's about 3 hours and it's me and all of the kids.

This baby will be my kids' first first cousin.  The little girls have been looking forward to the shower for a long time.

These migraines have already stolen so much from my family, that I'm feeling kind of stubborn about this one.

I *will* make sure that I'm safe to drive; we may just need to leave at a time different than what was originally planned.

Good for you! I'm sorry that's a choice you have to make.
  • Like 2

Wow.

Ya know, disregard if this crosses a line, but have you considered you might have to ban her eventually? Especially if she starts criticizing the kids to their faces the way she does you.

It could be she needs to ban her simply because of the disruption she causes and bad example she sets.  "I'm sorry, but when you stay you are too intrusive and demanding, and it creates a lot of problems for us even after you go.  We'll be happy to visit with you, but you will have to stay in a hotel."

But right now just  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  for Slashie because she doesn't need me telling her how to handle her visitors.  She just needs sympathetic support and hugs.  And to consider calling in the ENB next time.

MIL used to tell visitors, "You are company for the first two days. After that you have joined the family and will have chores to do." Of course the company this was told to was always the younger generation visitors. She never said that to her parents or parents-in-law. Nobody minded pitching in, either!

ðŸ‘

Does your eldest drive yet?  Does your second eldest have a driving permit?  Perhaps they can spell you on the driving when the headaches get bad?  

Take breaks as you need to, and show up late if you have to.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

One small step towards it, perhaps. Enjoy your leftovers!

Has she ever treated all of YOU to a meal out? As a guest staying a while in the home it is good form to try to lessen the burden of one's stay by pitching in a little and/or treating the family in return somehow.

MIL used to tell visitors, "You are company for the first two days. After that you have joined the family and will have chores to do." Of course the company this was told to was always the younger generation visitors. She never said that to her parents or parents-in-law. Nobody minded pitching in, either!

No. MIL always gives her money to but somehow it never happens.

She doesn't do chores. If I ask her to she comes down with a migraine or sore ankle.

#noh

Edited by Slache

It could be she needs to ban her simply because of the disruption she causes and bad example she sets. "I'm sorry, but when you stay you are too intrusive and demanding, and it creates a lot of problems for us even after you go. We'll be happy to visit with you, but you will have to stay in a hotel."

But right now just :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for Slashie because she doesn't need me telling her how to handle her visitors. She just needs sympathetic support and hugs. And to consider calling in the ENB next time.

When we move back she'll just go home. We'll be far enough for no surprises and close enough for no overnights.
  • Like 2

Slache, is it possible your SIL is actually mentally ill? Sorry if that comes across as rude but her behavior is so far from normal.

Once I realized my MIL was ill instead of rude, it became so much easier to tolerate and to explain to the kids when abnormal things happened. She’s coming next week and I am mentally preparing myself to be strong! And patient.

• Like 3

Slache, is it possible your SIL is actually mentally ill? Sorry if that comes across as rude but her behavior is so far from normal.

Once I realized my MIL was ill instead of rude, it became so much easier to tolerate and to explain to the kids when abnormal things happened. She’s coming next week and I am mentally preparing myself to be strong! And patient.

Definitely a possibility. I don't have the right to share but there's a lot to share from a young age and her life has just sucked. She is sooooo much better than she used to be so I think she's really trying.
  • Like 2

Does your eldest drive yet?  Does your second eldest have a driving permit?  Perhaps they can spell you on the driving when the headaches get bad?  

Take breaks as you need to, and show up late if you have to.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Ds17 isn't driving yet, partly because of my migraines.  We've been out a few times, but he's not ready to handle the roads we'll be on.  

Dd15 doesn't have her permit yet.

We won't be late to the shower because we have to get to Pennsylvania the day before.

• Like 1

Ds17 isn't driving yet, partly because of my migraines.  We've been out a few times, but he's not ready to handle the roads we'll be on.  

Dd15 doesn't have her permit yet.

We won't be late to the shower because we have to get to Pennsylvania the day before.

Hooray for the day before, then!  Time to stop for breaks if needed along the way.  May you have good road conditions and an easy trip.

• Like 2

I'm up. Caffeine. 

Yeah for NaNo words, AMJ! I have none yet, but I typically do better work later in the day. Something about being part old bat. Imma play around with the beat sheet this morning, then think a little bit about school, and then get typing on that manuscript.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

I just really really really need today to be Friday. I cannot do Wednesday.

(((Krissi)))

You can do it!  You have your sweet Awana girls this evening.  And a World Series Game 7!

• Like 6