Menu

Ignore this thread!

I want to have hidden rainbow unicorn hair....looks normal, until I put it in a ponytail and you see all of my rainbow glory underneath.

I go to a conservative church, though, that frowns upon unnatural hair color, body piercings, and tattoos....body = temple of the Lord.

I'm kinda secretly hoping that when I get to Heaven God is going to be cool with it. :)

This isn't scriptural! I hate this. Just dye it hot pink.

Eta: Like the whole thing.

Edited by Slache

This is a Phi-Mo-Po (Philosophical Moment Post)

Ok, so I am kind of reeling from this and had to share. You all know I've been struggling HSing second DS, and then we tried on-line school and that didn't work out at all. He's very low in math (although he's doing very well in 5th grade math, he seems to be understanding things and making progress) and other subjects. So, when we pulled him out of on-line school I told myself 2 things.... I was going to work hard on encouraging his strengths and secondly, I was going to think outside the box academically. I wasn't going to get hung up on grade levels or anything like that. So, Sunday they made an announcement in church that they needed helpers today to get ready for tonight. From 9am- noon. DS asked to do it. My first thought was, "we do school in the morning" but my second thought was, "he needs to do this. One of his real strengths is working with people, he loves to be with adults, he loves to volunteer" so I said yes. And when I went to pick him up, I saw he'd been working with the jr. High director, who is a very fine young man, and several people mentioned that he'd worked hard all morning. And all my anxiety about this kid just kind of went away. Yes, I need to educate this child so he can survive in the world, but academics is not all there is.

I'm not out of likes, and already liked this once, but I just needed to second that like.  LIKE.

• Like 2

There's one easy way to find out. Just Do It. 

Normally I'd say you can have my curls.  But apparently they are the thing right now.  So is grey, for that matter.  (I have now seen 3 20-somethings dyed grey).  

Better enjoy my five minutes at the cool kids' table before they're gone.   :laugh:

• Like 5

I want to have hidden rainbow unicorn hair....looks normal, until I put it in a ponytail and you see all of my rainbow glory underneath.

I go to a conservative church, though, that frowns upon unnatural hair color, body piercings, and tattoos....body = temple of the Lord.

I'm kinda secretly hoping that when I get to Heaven God is going to be cool with it. :)

I doubt God cares whether you color your hair at all, and certainly wouldn't grouse over color choice.

Could you get your hidden rainbow hair and leave your hair down for church?

• Like 1

Oh crap. It's Halloween.

Not that you could tell by the activity outside our house.  The street is quiet.  Very quiet.  I just hope that the kids (and we have several new kids on the street as of this year) are all inside getting a good supper with their parents before starting the fun.

• Like 2

I just finished cleaning up my desk in preparation for NaNoWriMo.  Some of the anticipated mail & packages have arrived.  I'm still eagerly awaiting certain others.  DH has just finished grilling pork chops for us.  This is turning into a good afternoon.  I wasn't so sure earlier -- I locked the girls and me out of the house, and had to get DH's keys from him at his work.  Our path to where the spare key is hidden was blocked and insurmountable earlier.

Hooray for day improvement!

• Like 4

We had one very cute kid around age 3 who was clearly Done. Had to be directed by both parents to take the bag and come up on the porch. "No!" "Don't you want some candy?" "No!"

Me: "How about a pencil?" "No!" "A coin?" "No" [but came up and received a nickel anyway].

I think it's somebody's bedtime! :lol:

• Like 7

Edpo

I think emotionally dd9 could use a break from the more challenging stuff for a bit, and the last chapter of BA felt a lil shaky. What’s a cheap workbook I could get for reviewing imperial vs metric and telling time?

Or just check out the Murderous Maths books from the library and call it good for a month.

• Like 5

I just finished cleaning up my desk in preparation for NaNoWriMo.  Some of the anticipated mail & packages have arrived.  I'm still eagerly awaiting certain others.  DH has just finished grilling pork chops for us.  This is turning into a good afternoon.  I wasn't so sure earlier -- I locked the girls and me out of the house, and had to get DH's keys from him at his work.  Our path to where the spare key is hidden was blocked and insurmountable earlier.

Hooray for day improvement!

Gah! My desk is a wreck. I've got a comp book sitting out to read, my overstuffed art bag, an unfinished painting, my art pad stuffed with graphite work, my satchel with all my writing mess and scene index shoved in it, two phones, a notebook for magical language work, my lip balm, the essential oil of Vicks, assorted pencils, a sheet of paper with a bunch of songs written on it, and my inspection check list for theme that I haven't finished yet....

Lest you think I'm one of those organized writers who plans everything out.

Also folded clothes that I'd put away only I might wear them tomorrow and my flannel shirt with my "I novel" pin. 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

My Meme died today. :(

(My mom’s father’s second wife. I have two uncles, younger than me, that are hurting tonight. So I am sad for them. I had not seen or spoken to her since I was like 6. I only met her that once, that I remember.)

I have a high concept and something of a log-line. I know I'm beginning with my protagonists attempts to fit into his society (think explosive trying to get comfortable in a room full of matches) and ending with him heading up a cultural revolution. Not entirely sure how he blew it up that big on me. No idea how I'm getting from the beginning to the end, but trusting that one thing will lead to another and somehow we'll find the way from the beginning to the end.

• Like 1

Well, things were pretty quiet here this evening.  We had maybe 7 trick-or-treaters in 3 groups, not counting Monkey.  Monkey decided he wanted to trick-or-treat too, so we hid in closets, bathrooms, etc. so he could ring "doorbells" and trick-or-treat for bananas.  Monkey then pigged out on bananas and gave himself a tummy ache.  Monkey wanted to dress up as a hippie this year.  When DH called him a Flower Monkey Monkey started singing "here comes the monkey!  Here comes the monkey!"

(Monkey is DD16's stuffed monkey.  He was a stuff-it-yourself item at a company Christmas party when the kids were a lot younger.  DD16 stuffed him and later, with Grandma's help, sewed some clothes for him.  He still gets up to some pretty good antics from time to time.)

• Like 3

Gah! My desk is a wreck. I've got a comp book sitting out to read, my overstuffed art bag, an unfinished painting, my art pad stuffed with graphite work, my satchel with all my writing mess and scene index shoved in it, two phones, a notebook for magical language work, my lip balm, the essential oil of Vicks, assorted pencils, a sheet of paper with a bunch of songs written on it, and my inspection check list for theme that I haven't finished yet....

Also folded clothes that I'd put away only I might wear them tomorrow and my flannel shirt with my "I novel" pin. 

My "tidied" desk still has a small pile of attend-to-tomorrow stuff (checks I got in the mail today -- they only come once a year), what's left of my anniversary chocolate, a nearly empty bottle of lotion, and a pretty dish with a few writing implements.  Oh, and a pad of sticky notes.  And my computer, of course.

Now my monitor is festooned with written-on sticky notes and the table to the left of my desk has both shelves full of stuff I have yet to tend to (including stuff still left from last year's NaNoWriMo), and a box of misc. on the floor underneath.  To the right of my desk is a file cabinet that I did straighten up somewhat, topped by a small box for misc. bits and a letter tray for stuff to be sorted through for filing, tossing, whatever.  To the right of the file cabinet is a drawer unit that holds some of DD13's craft stuff, but I have commandeered the top as a further desk "extension" -- this has the double-high deep letter trays for stuff to be filed and stuff to be dealt with soon, plus a pile of misc. stuff that needs to go elsewhere.

Sitting behind me, in front of some shelves (on which I have more office bleed-over) is a cardboard file box 2/3 full of stuff I pulled from my file cabinet so I would have room to actually put papers I was clearing from my desk.  There are more sticky notes (written on) that are creeping onto framed pictures hanging on the bit of wall close by, and I still have printouts on the printer that I haven't yet picked up and dealt with.

This is all the stuff that is still left.  I half-filled a very large recycling bag with all of the paper I determined could be tossed, and I had a good trash bucketful or two of regular trash to get rid of as well.  I also relocated more books than I realized had been gathering over here.  

It took a few hours, but now I have a little room to move stuff about so I can put out reference or inspiration materials while I NaNo.

Two and a half hours and it officially begins!  Woohoo!

• Like 1

Oh, and I set out my NaNoWriMo postcards.   :laugh:

Booyah!  I'm as ready as I'll ever be for NaNoWriMo!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

My Meme died today. :(

(My mom’s father’s second wife. I have two uncles, younger than me, that are hurting tonight. So I am sad for them. I had not seen or spoken to her since I was like 6. I only met her that once, that I remember.)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   I am so very sorry.

I don't know, what do those mean? 😬

Plotters have everything mapped out from start to finish.

Pantsers start out with a vague idea and a prayer.

And then there's us Rebels, who aren't actually writing a novel.  Heck, many of us aren't even writing anything specific.  We are just writing.

Rebels without a clause?   :D

• Like 4

I gave the kids a chance to pick from the leftover candy before I send it away with DH to his work tomorrow.  I did specify a container size.  DD16 just filled that container with some candy to use as a floral frog, then stood every Dum Dum we had up in it -- the "bouquet" was bigger than the entire container!

Mean Mom is making her put half of it back.  We have a wedding with sweets coming up next week, followed by a family birthday, then Thanksgiving, then another family birthday, then other festivities, then Christmas.  I'd rather get rid of candy bulk now than hold onto it and throw it away later.  Critter isn't the only one living where ants like to visit.

• Like 1