Menu

Ignore this thread!

What am I doing on ITT?? I put down my book momentarily to look up what a "Kalashnikov" is (a rifle) and all the sudden I end up here. You people are a bad influence.

You could've just asked us what it meant, and saved yourself the hassle of looking it up. 

No, each like is on its own 24 hour timer.

Dear Underscore, you need to change your username. That said, I know that they're each on their own 24 hour timer... which means that I know I won't get them back until 8-something in the morning, since I was all passed out asleep for 12 hours last night, as I mentioned about 10 pages ago. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 3

Dh baked the bacon. Now the whole house smells like bacon. And it's time to go to bed. 😢

Does he fall asleep before you do?  Did he count how many slices there are?

I want bacon 🥓

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me, too.  

I think I have turkey bacon...

Turkey bacon is not bacon.

• Like 5

Grrr.  This EVENING I received an email that an Amazon Prime package I was expecting today, one DD15 is awaiting for her biology studies, "could not be delivered".  "Sorry we missed you.  We tried, but weren't able to deliver your package today."

We were home ALL DAY, and noticed just fine when other packages were delivered.  Usually the packages are just left on the doorstep, often without even a knock or ring to announce their presence.  They didn't leave this one.  I suspect someone didn't even try.

I contacted Amazon Prime through chat and let them know of the issue.  I asked them to make sure the delivery person leaves it on the doorstep if no one answers the door tomorrow (it's a lab notebook, not anything valuable that requires a signature).  The nice person on the other end has "escalated" and "expedited" and did pretty much everything he (she?) could to help, so with luck and a conscientious deliverer we should have it tomorrow, when we are due to be away from home part of the day.

• Like 1

Booyah!

"To H, or not to H. That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

That sometimes silent consonant

Or to take arms against the sea of troubles

And by opposing end it . To H - we please some on ITT

And to H - we end the heartache and the thousand arguments

That Booya/h is heir to. 'Tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished."

Kristen's Soliloquy

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

So, I'm thinking about our around the world study. I'm thinking one continent a month. I should start with which continent I will do first and work from there which countries to do. I do like to hit Mexico in October because of dh's birthday, though. And do a Christmas around the world unit in December.

Don't forget Antarctica!

• Like 1

Warning.  Educational Content.

If you are doing a science experiment involving vinegar and old pennies, do not use wheat pennies as they will not survive.   :glare:

Our wheat penny that dd12 was thrilled about finding is now barely recognizable as a wheat penny.   :(

Use pennies of different vintages and write up the differences in the results!

• Like 1

Grrr. This EVENING I received an email that an Amazon Prime package I was expecting today, one DD15 is awaiting for her biology studies, "could not be delivered". "Sorry we missed you. We tried, but weren't able to deliver your package today."

We were home ALL DAY, and noticed just fine when other packages were delivered. Usually the packages are just left on the doorstep, often without even a knock or ring to announce their presence. They didn't leave this one. I suspect someone didn't even try.

I contacted Amazon Prime through chat and let them know of the issue. I asked them to make sure the delivery person leaves it on the doorstep if no one answers the door tomorrow (it's a lab notebook, not anything valuable that requires a signature). The nice person on the other end has "escalated" and "expedited" and did pretty much everything he (she?) could to help, so with luck and a conscientious deliverer we should have it tomorrow, when we are due to be away from home part of the day.

That's weird! Bet the delivery person forgot that one package and didn't feel like going back.

Ds21 recently ordered a safe from Amazon Prime which was left at the door of the apartment complex office. Naturally someone stole it. 🙄 He had them deliver the replacement here.

• Like 3

I want a pretty Plum Paper Planner.

If I bought one in order to try it out to see whether it would make a good gift for a friend, that would be selfless and good, right?

Absolutely.  You really need to see those in person in order to judge the quality and fitness for the intended recipient.

You're here! I'm 68. It's my death page. You were my bestie before the h. :(

Those were the days, my friend.....

It's a Mourning Slashaboo Booyah and I didn't even know it til after I posted.  The irony in it all is astounding.   :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 6

You're here! I'm 68. It's my death page. You were my bestie before the h. :(

*sigh*  Slachie dear, I have to inform you your parents have lied to you.  You weren't actually born until 2601.  You've got years more yet.

Yes, your folks were time travelers.

• Like 3

Does he fall asleep before you do?  Did he count how many slices there are?

Me, too.  

Turkey bacon is not bacon.

DD15 quite likes turkey bacon.  She calls it "meat paper"!

• Like 3

We had an amazon package delivered the other day by someone in their private vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we've been getting a number of those lately.  We saw the Amazon vans for a few months, and now they all seem to have morphed into private cars.

• Like 1

Oh, wait. I'm not finished with Africa. I listed all the countries (by continent) that each of my main resources have and pretty much chose which countries were covered the most, as well as what I know we are interested in. In Africa, there is barely any overlap, except Egypt.  :glare:

Edited by Renai
  • Like 1

I think I've done it! I've narrowed down the countries I want to do in each continent. I'm debating whether or not to add the Netherlands and the Dutch language...

Of course you're doing NL and the Dutch language - how is that even a question?  :toetap05:

• Like 4

Of course you're doing NL and the Dutch language - how is that even a question?  :toetap05:

Yes, I was hoping you'd chime in. Now, tell me something I should cook when we study it. :D

Funny, the European countries I've chosen are all interest based, kind of. Germany, because I lived there and Gymnast is interested in the language; Netherlands because of luuknaam :); Russia, because, dude, the World Cup 2018 will be there. Duh. Not a single romance language of the bunch.

• Like 2

So, NL is currently has the 18th largest GDP in the world. It used to be 15th largest for quite a number of decades, and in the 19th century the Dutch empire was 9th largest. 

The only president who didn't have English as his first language had Dutch as his first language (Martin Van Buren). 

NYC used to belong to NL. 

I'm tired. I need to go sleep. There are many more reasons. 

• Like 3

BFSU Notes

I had started it and forgotten about it, so it didn't take me long at all to finish it. 

I do not plan to finish in one year or follow any schedule. We will spend as much time on each unit as we please, and move on when we're ready.

NICE!

The rumors of Slashey's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Thanks for caring.

I'm pulling up in front of your pad with a bottle of red wine and pretty pink Plum Paper Planner...

I have this.

Those were the days, my friend.....

It's a Mourning Slashaboo Booyah and I didn't even know it til after I posted.  The irony in it all is astounding.   :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

SOMEBODY CARES! #noh

Was it Matt?

He's not doing that right now.

Is Matt an East Indian woman speaking Urdu?

Not that I've noticed.

We got a flyer in the mail announcing that we can now get McDonalds food delivered by Uber. :D

That's not good.

Good Friday Morning!

Puppy!

Coffee!

I pick dd up from camp today. She turned 14 while she was gone. 😢 I'm glad it's time for her to come home! 🎉

Happy birfday!

• Like 3