Menu

Ignore this thread!

So, I am getting in contact with a neuropsychologist for the kid. Something is going on with her little brain in regards to her ABCs names/sounds and I can't figure it out. After 2 years of preschool, you'd think she'd be able to identify more than A, X, and R. And don't get me started on the sounds of those letters. 

I have been talking to the girls on the Learning Challenges board and they're saying there are red flags for phonological processing and possibly some working memory issues. I called the dyslexia center in the neighboring city and she agreed about the red flags, so she gave me the psych that works with the center. 

• Like 5

Ooooh! :/ At the store I've done pick-up from, when you allow substitutions, they only charge you for whichever was cheaper, because it's their fault they didn't have what you ordered.

Do y'all not speak of "hulling" strawberries? That's what I say when removing the leaves/stem.

I kept trying to think of what I say, but my brain function is at like 10% today. lol 

Thanks for the help. 

• Like 1

So, I am getting in contact with a neuropsychologist for the kid. Something is going on with her little brain in regards to her ABCs names/sounds and I can't figure it out. After 2 years of preschool, you'd think she'd be able to identify more than A, X, and R. And don't get me started on the sounds of those letters.

I have been talking to the girls on the Learning Challenges board and they're saying there are red flags for phonological processing and possibly some working memory issues. I called the dyslexia center in the neighboring city and she agreed about the red flags, so she gave me the psych that works with the center.

:grouphug: and best wishes sorting it all out!

• Like 2

If you get a call from Kevin Smith in Salt Lake City, be sure to ask him if he found my cousin Robert and if he ever tried my cheese sauce recipe. :D

In the midst of all of the spam calls today I got a call from some guy going into a long-winded pitch for a donation.  I cut him off and told him we only donate in person and not to people who cold-call over the phone.  He claimed he was with the FOP.

I'm all for supporting our law enforcement, but I. DON'T. Donate. To. Cold. Callers.  My trust in people calling me out of the blue asking for money has been completely and permanently shot down.  Instead we pick and choose where we donate and when and do it in as direct a fashion as we can manage.

Oh well.  Spam booya(h).  le sigh.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

So many spam calls!! They're driving me nuts. 

They are usually in May or early June, but sometimes they happen through August--it just depends on the growing season. 

I read these back to back and was confused, until I got to prairie's hyphen. 

• Like 2

Maybe he was having a really bad day and really needed that hug. :mellow:

I'm honestly not sure what was going on. Bipolar, maybe? Or just a papa bear misunderstanding what I said to my friend. Doesn't matter. He got a return hug and a friendly wave on the way out.

His kid cried to kids or whined to mom no less than 15 times while we were there. DS said he would then get a smug look on his face when kids gave in to him, like he was manipulating people to get his way. Dad told mom after our little tiff that Kid needed to not be so sensitive all the time. I think there's something going on there that I don't need my kid being pulled into.

• Like 4

Guy just gave me a hug on his way out. This has been a weird park day.

Maybe he's feeling a lot of parenting stress and he felt a little bonding over your apology.  (But I was initially picturing him there alone not with his wife, so now that doesn't fit my imaginary scenario.)

Maybe he's feeling a lot of parenting stress and he felt a little bonding over your apology. (But I was initially picturing him there alone not with his wife, so now that doesn't fit my imaginary scenario.)

I might delete this later. Please don't quote.

His wife wouldn't look at me. I didn't cave when she came and complained that DS wasn't playing with her kid and called him annoying. Turns out he didn't say that to the kid (although he apologized to kid without argument when I asked him to), DS said it to DS' friend after they walked away. Mom overheard and got mad. Kid started crying, then kid came over and started tattling on DS's friend. The mom came over and said, no it wasn't him. It was the other kid. So the kid pointed his finger at me and said it was your kid who wouldn't let me play. At this point I said we'll, I can't make him play with you. Mom got mad and said DS was being mean and calling him names (which it turned out was false but I didn't know that at the time). I called DS over and had him apologize, he looked confused but did anyway, and then the boy said now you have to play with me. I said no, he can't be mean, but he does not have to play with you. Well, the mom stalked off.

Then the dad later overheard me say to my friend a few minutes later that I didn't see why kids are forced to play with each other when adults don't force each other to be friends. It's a big park. DS came to play with his friends, not be forced to play with a 5 or 6 year he finds annoying. Dad thought I was calling his kid was annoying, I said no such thing, and not to his kid. His kid happened to come around the corner just then, though. Anyway, so dad started screaming at me, I apologized, we talked, he agreed they didn't have to be friends, he said "people" get crazy about their kids, and we "were cool." Later he hugged me.

Mom still wouldn't look at me. Whatevs. I wasnt going to grovel at her feet when she said my kid was being mean when he wasn't. (Corroborated by others, btw, not me just taking my son's word.). Maybe she needed a hug, too. Most likely she's just posting what a horrible person I am on Facebook.

Kid was 5 or 6 and the older kids were 10 and 11 if it makes a difference for the story. All the other kids were getting along and playing well.

• Like 4

Ikslo- you were fine and so was your son. These parents are raising a "special snowflake " in my opinion. But don't let them hear me say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I needed to hear that. I have had many conversations with DS previously about giving new kids a chance, not being mean, evaluating whether they are nice but lacking social skills (maybe needing someone to give them a chance) vs. someone you don't want to hang with, etc. I know in my heart that he's not a mean kid.

• Like 4

Is it weird that I get lots of ideas for teaching early childhood and high school, but very few for the middle grades?

Yes, random, I know, but I'm kinda sorta working on idea stuff now even though I really need to use the bathroom and go to bed because I have to work a full day tomorrow at school.

And, I think this will be the last time I'm drinking coffee because even 1/2 caffeine raises my blood pressure. :(

• Like 4

I hope that everything is ok, Slache.

2 a.m. and I am not asleep yet. First it was my pain's fault. So I actually took my break through pain meds for once. Then it has been Rocky and Rocky and Rocky and I am about to drop kick him to the moon. Though he appears to have settled down now so hopefully I will have a chance at sleep once the adrenaline stops pumping.

• Like 1

I hope that everything is ok, Slache.

2 a.m. and I am not asleep yet. First it was my pain's fault. So I actually took my break through pain meds for once. Then it has been Rocky and Rocky and Rocky and I am about to drop kick him to the moon. Though he appears to have settled down now so hopefully I will have a chance at sleep once the adrenaline stops pumping.

I hope you get some sleep, and your pain is better.

Ok, I'm okay. Going home.

Yay!

• Like 2