Menu

Ignore this thread!

The recital went well. In lieu of a cello stop, ds used a leather belt. His teacher thought it was genius. The kids did not seem too nervous and did not let little fobbles throw them off. We are officially over concert and recital season. :hurray: (Except for Beauty and the Beast, which happens in early June.)

Dd14 and ds12 are finally all packed. Dh has agreed to drive them in the morning on the way to work. Actually he'll be making a large triangle. Hopefully he will not get lost at sea.

How are the sick ones?

I am not feeling too hot, but am ignoring it for the time being. I don't want to alarm anyone by getting out the hydrogen peroxide.

• Like 6

'Twould appear that my exhaustion is from yesterday's tetanus booster, since I'm now all over achy and have chills.  Blech.  Tomorrow is the PG sleepover at the church.  Hope it wears off by then!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Hmmm.... I've been repeatedly truant in the last 12 months.  So perhaps I missed it then?

Also, #wifefail.   Because I misplaced the shed key a week and half ago and now dh needs it because his bike broke down.  (His bike is how he gets to work).  He had to walk it 6 miles home tonight, so he's not exactly in a great mood to begin with.

I suppose I ought to go search for it.  Again.  Even though I know it won't turn up until it wants to, just like everything else we lose around here. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Stupid truant key.

• Like 1

Apparently, my sons have been studying civil engineering over the holiday. My low water crossing is all but flooded because they built a working dam across the creek. We will have to talk about floodgates to regulate their "lake".

ETA: They took a section out so the lake got drained.

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

Yeah, you gotta watch those engineers!

• Like 1

The recital went well. In lieu of a cello stop, ds used a leather belt. His teacher thought it was genius. The kids did not seem too nervous and did not let little fobbles throw them off. We are officially over concert and recital season. :hurray: (Except for Beauty and the Beast, which happens in early June.)

Dd14 and ds12 are finally all packed. Dh has agreed to drive them in the morning on the way to work. Actually he'll be making a large triangle. Hopefully he will not get lost at sea.

How are the sick ones?

I am not feeling too hot, but am ignoring it for the time being. I don't want to alarm anyone by getting out the hydrogen peroxide.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

So last night about 10:30, there was this loud caterwauling from outside. Then a series of bangs on the front door like something was flinging itself at the door. I ran to the door and opened it and our supposedly indoor cat came hurtling inside. He looked none the worse for wear but he had a strange cat's fur in his claws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6

So last night about 10:30, there was this loud caterwauling from outside. Then a series of bangs on the front door like something was flinging itself at the door. I ran to the door and opened it and our supposedly indoor cat came hurtling inside. He looked none the worse for wear but he had a strange cat's fur in his claws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He won.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 5

Good Morning!  Friday.  

I'm up, but not caffeinated yet.  

Today is last day of regular school for oldest.  He has two days of finals next week, and a day of graduation practice / picnic.  Today they have a senior breakfast and they get to wear their college shirts instead of uniforms.   :hurray:

• Like 7

Good morning!

:hurray: Sleep!

:hurray: Found Keys!

:hurray: Victorious Indoor Cats!

Dh and the kids left. It's raining and gloomy but the tour bus will be warm and dry. I fell asleep before 10:00 last night, so naturally I was awake around 4am. Humph. Dozed off again for a bit and up again to say goodbye.

My two oldest and two youngest are completely done with school and my two middles are gone for the weekend, so I have no excuse to put off writing that graduating senior bio paragraph. Ugh. I need help.

Coffee!!

• Like 8

I'm so jealous of you all finishing up school! The schools here don't get out until mid-June. And it's gloomy and cold outside in May instead of spring-like and warm. I want to go back to bed.

Ignore them.  They're bragging.  Most of the time the ITT is a happy place.  But sometimes people just have to be poopyheads. :glare:

• Like 7

Not that school is going late here.  Not for me, the Mostest Uberest Awesomeest Planner in the Whole Entire History of Planning Awesomeness.  We're totally not going to do an entire semester of physics in a month.  Nope.  Because that would smack of a major mom-fail.  Which couldn't possibly be.  Because awesome.

Or something like that.

• Like 9

We stick to the public school schedule, so I'm sure all you finishing started early. We start after Labor Day which gives us a nice August, but a miserable May and June with Spring Fever. Before we moved, I'd be wrapping things up and calling it good enough around now. 

• Like 7

Our school year never ends.

On paper, my high schoolers begin on August 1 and finish on July 31.

Ds16 might get next summer off because he will have graduated.  However it is more likely that I will encourage him to do CLEP tests or a summer course at CC.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 7

I'm so jealous of you all finishing up school! The schools here don't get out until mid-June. And it's gloomy and cold outside in May instead of spring-like and warm. I want to go back to bed.

:grouphug: Spring is hard!!

We stick to the public school schedule, so I'm sure all you finishing started early. We start after Labor Day which gives us a nice August, but a miserable May and June with Spring Fever. Before we moved, I'd be wrapping things up and calling it good enough around now. 

Yes, we started end of July.  By August, it's so hot and everyone is tired of going to the pool and ready for more structure/routine again.    

• Like 4

I think I need my doppleganger to plan next year for me. Usually I'm so excited I'm halfway done by now, but this year I haven't even bought half of my curriculum yet. I know that sounds silly to those of you who plan in August, but I'm the type of nerd who feels late if she's not at least five minutes early and has never pulled an all-nighter in her life.

This is me this year, too.  I know how you feel.  But I haven't bought anything, and have only planned half of it. I've been out of whack since February, though.

I think I am starting to recover - just in time for summer break.

• Like 1

It's a little freaky that we're frequently stalked.

My bazooka finger gets all twitchy and weird. :wacko:

Psst...you're on the internet.  Nothing private about that.

Besides, I never would have found you all if I hadn't stalked those first 70 pages.  LOL

• Like 6

My goals for summer break are to potty train ds and teach him to sleep in his own bed. 😒

There may be a 10 yo still sleeping in my bed.  I'm not saying there is, just that there MAY be. :leaving:

He is potty trained, though. :hurray:

• Like 7

I really need to go feed ponies. But it poured all night, is still raining, and it's muddy and gross. And I don't wanna. But they can't feed themselves. Because no opposable thumbs.

Le sigh.

Call Shane!! He's the new ITT cowboy. He'll do it for you!!
  • Like 8

We're not even close to being done. We have at least anothe 4 weeks and even then we'll be cramming because then there's VBS and I want to be done with real school by then. Two kids will be working in math throughout the summer and one kid will be doing science.
  • Like 1