Menu

Ignore this thread!

I just remembered that yesterday as we were leaving the house I got a phone call from a guy raising money for a political campaign and he was talking to me and the kids were talking to me and I put the phone down on the table while he was still talking and walked out the door.

That's hilarious! So, did you forget he was on the phone, or did you do that on purpose?

• Like 2

I thought that copyrights only mattered if it was a paying audience. :leaving: (ETA: Or if the musicians are paid.)

Apparently I know nothing about this.

I think I would be the one in trouble for making the actual arrangement. I can't remember. It is very confusing. I'll make my escape through the nursing home kitchen. Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I am supposed to go meet with another local homeschool mom tonight. I'm trying to make a friend. But now I'm getting all nervous. What if I can't think of anything to say and it's all awkward silence? Maybe I should drink a beer first to loosen up. But then what if she thinks I'm some sort of lush?

I hate socializing. But I really want a friend.

It's a homeschoolers-are-in-fact-socially-awkward BOOYA!

I hope it went well! I'm sure she's just as nervous as you.

• Like 1

Gross post alert.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that I expelled my entire menstrual cycle in less than 5 minutes on Wednesday night. Don't. ever. do. that. Whatever hormonal catastrophe that caused it also caused dizziness, light headedness, nausea, and running hot and cold. I thought I had some kind of internal bleeding, but I was completely fine. I was actually quite concerned I was dying. My cycles are not light and it felt like buckets just poring out. I'm sure if i had taken the time to measure it would have been much less than it felt like, but it hadn't dawned on me to sit on a measuring cup. So, sorry if I scared you, but I was completely fine. Depending on how you define fine. ;)

Pretty sure you're not going to find a lot of "kids shouldn't read so many books" advocates around here, where the customary advice is to buy as many bookcases as your house can fit--and possibly to choose your home with an eye to buying bookcases. ;)

If he can do it, why not? Not that I would personally assign probably more than one that length a month, but is there any good reason not to?

The Myers-Briggs continuua are

introverted vs. extroverted

intuitive vs. sensing

thinking vs. feeling

perceiving vs. judging.

Ah, yes, thanks!  I no longer remember what exactly I scored on those middle two continuums.  I wonder what I would score now?

Hmm, at this one online (http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/jtypesresult.aspx) I scored INTJ.

• Like 2

I'm also an extroverted introvert.

I now have "a moderate preference of introversion over extroversion (38%)".  I've loosened up over the years!  I remember it was a LOT stronger on the introversion side when I was a teen.

Loosened up enough to BOOYA(H)!!!!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

This is fabulous! It doesn't have to be a country either.

Pick a bodily system. Pick a book of the Bible. Pick an author. Pick a planet. Pick a national park. Pick a nose. Love this!

You can pick your friends.  

You can pick your nose.

But please don't pick your friend's n--

• Like 4

I ketchupped. I played with bees today and held a drone because they are soft and fuzzy and nobody likes them but me. Boy bees get all the bad press.

Awww!   :001_wub:  :001_wub:

• Like 2

I'm going to attempt to feed my family fish pie tonight.

I like to live dangerously.

We had teriyaki bowls.  Yum!  But I'm not sure it was so good for my blood sugar....

• Like 2

I just remembered that yesterday as we were leaving the house I got a phone call from a guy raising money for a political campaign and he was talking to me and the kids were talking to me and I put the phone down on the table while he was still talking and walked out the door.

Good for you!

• Like 1

Gross post alert.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that I expelled my entire menstrual cycle in less than 5 minutes on Wednesday night. Don't. ever. do. that. Whatever hormonal catastrophe that caused it also caused dizziness, light headedness, nausea, and running hot and cold. I thought I had some kind of internal bleeding, but I was completely fine. I was actually quite concerned I was dying. My cycles are not light and it felt like buckets just poring out. I'm sure if i had taken the time to measure it would have been much less than it felt like, but it hadn't dawned on me to sit on a measuring cup. So, sorry if I scared you, but I was completely fine. Depending on how you define fine. ;)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm glad you are fine.  Going to the ER was the right thing to do.  When stuff happens that suddenly it can often be a sign of something much worse and more drastic.  ALWAYS err on the side of caution in such cases.

• Like 4

Wrong! JP while DS was at daycare.

I was in a church service one time when the (visiting) minister mentioned his wedding date.  It was the exact day that I was born.  IIRC, his wife wasn't there, so I was probably the only other person in the room who knew that he got married on a Friday.  :)

• Like 3

Have you The Netflix or Amazon Prime?

Pft. No.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm glad you are fine.  Going to the ER was the right thing to do.  When stuff happens that suddenly it can often be a sign of something much worse and more drastic.  ALWAYS err on the side of caution in such cases.

I also was not stressed after going. I always hold on to those things and stress over them for days, so now I know.

• Like 2

I don't know what day I was born. I do know the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only know because my sister and I were both born on Fridays and our brother was born on a Thursday at 11:30 at night.  He was non-compliant from the moment of his birth.   :laugh:

• Like 5

And...

I just realized that all of my mom's children and grandchildren were born on either a Thursday or a Friday.  I will have to inform my sister-in-law that if she ever has a child she should follow the family tradition.  :)

• Like 5

I wan to watch something, but I have nothing. All my shows been canceled.

Watch shows that haven't been canceled. You can find Moises y los Diez Mandamientos on the internet free.

Have you The Netflix or Amazon Prime?

Or Hulu. Although, I've currently put my subscription on vacation to see if we miss it.

• Like 1