Menu

Ignore this thread!

Our blueberry season usually starts right around Memorial Day. There's a pick-your-own place not very far away, so I usually go at least once a year. I try to be there by the crack of dawn (literally) to get to park near the entrance, get in and pick, and get out again before the big crowds start showing up. It also helps to beat the heat of the day.

I need to clear some freezer space by then! DD12's favorite snack is frozen blueberries. They are like eating tiny Popsicles!

I love blueberries!! It's starting blueberry season here, too. Blueberries have gotten very popular here in the past 10 years. They've figured out which varieties grow in our climate. My mom took my kids to pick at my aunt's house yesterday, they didn't get many, but I did throw a couple handfuls into my freezer jam.

We just watched Hidden Figures. Best movie I've seen in a long time!

. I agree. Excellent movie.

Super!  A good one for the queue.  That doesn't involve planetary invasion or dark apocalyptic humor or cliche epic scenes of destruction. (dh is generally in charge of the queue... can you tell?)

• Like 1

Happy Mother's Day, Awesome ITT Mamas!!!!

I'm home with recovering ds9 (who is in his jammies writing yet another book) while the rest are at church. Which is actually kind of nice.  Quiet house!  

I am blissfully going to file away more school papers, with a cup of coffee at my side.  

(Ds9 just read this over my shoulder and groaned.  "How can that be fun, Mom?  Fun is writing a book and have a bowl of baked ziti at my side!")

• Like 7

We churched. Great sermon. Loving your enemies. I was cold, so I came home, put on sweats, made some more COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸and now know I am cuddled up on my bed with my red fuzzy blanket until it is time to put on decent clothes and go to my aunt's house for lunch.

• Like 3

Critter, I just want to hug you for taking care of those puppies, 

Just don't hug the puppies. Now that their bellies are full, they have ample time and energy to scratch their mange-ridden selves. Tomorrow they get de-manged, wormed, vaccinated and possibly bathed so that they won't itch so much and will actually be comfortable to cuddle. Right now anyone who pets and plays with them must scrub down and be showered afterwards.

They are mutts. They are between 8 and 12 weeks of age (their adult incisors are not in and their teeth are not spread much), and they all have tails that they curl over their rumps, except for the runt with her stick tail. Three are solid black, the runt in brindle. They are sadly very homely creatures, and not very charming. Which is probably why they all got dumped. They don't even have great personalities. They growl over their food, and one of them tried to bite me when I caught her, but she's warming up now that she's fed and has a nice warm bed and plenty of petting. They'll come around, but I wish they were a little cuter. That would make it easier for them to get homes.

• Like 3

I got home from second service and dh had croque monsieur sandwiches with bechamel sauce and a salad ready for lunch, and ds21 was home! :hurray:

We got a text from ds12's chaperone that he threw up in the middle of the night. :( I wonder if he got a little dehydrated on the trip. She said he was feeling good this morning and they are on their way home.

We're all going on a walk at a place of my choice, which today is the city bicentennial path along the river.

• Like 6

My lazy spaghetti sauce recipe is get a big can of crushed tomatoes, dump in a teaspoon each of dried basil and oregano and a tablespoon of parsley, a half a tablespoon og brown sugar and a dash of garlic powder.

See, mine is simple like that, too. I just don't put in brown sugar, and I'll sometimes saute the onion and garlic. I buy jarred, minced garlic these days. :D

• Like 2

Just don't hug the puppies. Now that their bellies are full, they have ample time and energy to scratch their mange-ridden selves. Tomorrow they get de-manged, wormed, vaccinated and possibly bathed so that they won't itch so much and will actually be comfortable to cuddle. Right now anyone who pets and plays with them must scrub down and be showered afterwards.

They are mutts. They are between 8 and 12 weeks of age (their adult incisors are not in and their teeth are not spread much), and they all have tails that they curl over their rumps, except for the runt with her stick tail. Three are solid black, the runt in brindle. They are sadly very homely creatures, and not very charming. Which is probably why they all got dumped. They don't even have great personalities. They growl over their food, and one of them tried to bite me when I caught her, but she's warming up now that she's fed and has a nice warm bed and plenty of petting. They'll come around, but I wish they were a little cuter. That would make it easier for them to get homes.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Perhaps their appeal will grow once they have recovered a bit physically.  It's hard to look and act one's best when starved and scraggly.

• Like 5

DH and the girls set up my old backpacking tent for me, because DH remembered I was intending to inspect it and kept forgetting.  It's still good (phew!), though I need to seal the seams before we take it out camping again.

I had to throw away my old backpacking backpack, and my old college book-carrying backpack (with a very STOUT leather bottom!), and the stuff sack for my old down sleeping bag.  These had been stored in the non-a/c-ed garage attic, and the heat and humidity caused the coating on the fabrics to deteriorate into a gooey mess.  The foam padding on the two packs also degraded and crumbled.  They were past reasonable attempts to repair the damage.  I am disappointed in myself and a little heartbroken that these cherished relics of younger days had to be tossed because I didn't store them properly.   :crying:

My backpacking tent was also pulled out of the garage attic.  We didn't use it on this last camping trip, so I decided to wait until after we returned to check it for degradation.  I call it my Horta tent, because without the rainfly it's shaped like the Horta from Star Trek.  (It's a Mountain Hardware Skyview 2, which isn't made anymore.)

Happily my tent hadn't deteriorated as much, though clearly it was on its way.  It had spent part of the past years in a closet in the house, or I'm sure it would have been worse.  As it is the sack for the tent shows the most tacky feel to the fabric, so I might have to replace that at some point.  The old seam tape to waterproof the seams is all cracking and peeling, so at some point I need to set it up and seal the seams.  But it is still good!   :hurray:

DH commented that we could simply get rid of the massive cabin tent and my backpacking tent and buy new.  I told him I wasn't emotionally attached to the cabin tent and would be okay with replacing that, but I want to keep my Horta.

I had to throw away other old friends, the likes of which I will never see nor own again.  I'm grieving.  I'm not ready to give up this tent yet.

• Like 4

I don't want to get up, but I must. Allergies have been kicking my butt the last several days. I feel so groggy and achy. I don't want to go anywhere. I would love it if someone would just bring me a bowl of chips and pico de gallo and then go away and leave me alone all afternoon. Then my Mother's Day would be perfect.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I don't want to get up, but I must. Allergies have been kicking my butt the last several days. I feel so groggy and achy. I don't want to go anywhere. I would love it if someone would just bring me a bowl of chips and pico de gallo and then go away and leave me alone all afternoon. Then my Mother's Day would be perfect.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm going to start teaching the medium sized dog to be an indoor dog. She's technically the boys' dog and I want her to sleep with them. We tried when she was a puppy, but she was too hyper and chewy. She literally chewed up his wall. Now that she's a little older, I think she's ready to not destroy everything in sight.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I write a lot in my head.  I experiment with things and thoughts and poke and prod it until I'm ready to sit down and write a big chunk all in one fell swoop.  I was writing this morning in the car while I drove to work.  It was perfect for the teaching engagement I have next month.  Now I'm ready to sit down and write it down and what was it?  I wish that I had brain to text capabilities. 

• Like 9

I write a lot in my head. I experiment with things and thoughts and poke and prod it until I'm ready to sit down and write a big chunk all in one fell swoop. I was writing this morning in the car while I drove to work. It was perfect for the teaching engagement I have next month. Now I'm ready to sit down and write it down and what was it? I wish that I had brain to text capabilities.

The things I scream at Alexa. That chick is awesome.

• Like 6