Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ds says that he thinks that he did ok on his college pre-calculus test.  He used his testing accommodations provided through the disability office and he said that they helped tremendously.  He's now looking into getting note taking help which is also offered because he has a hard time concentrating on what the professor is saying while taking notes at the same time.

• Like 7

My house looks ready for Halloween. Numerous spawn of Ungoliant have assembled around my house and have constructed fantastic orb webs. You have to look out in the morning if you go out a door, because you might just end up wearing a fat, wicked-looking, but petrified fall weaver in your hair.

• Like 5

You should do yoga too. There's an exercise thread and a hive exercise fb group. It's secret so they can share photos and videos. I have no clue how active they are but I can get you an invite. I'm not on fb.

Yes, yoga, too.  I'm eye-balling a new yoga DVD set on Amazon.  I miss yoga, and I'd like to get my girls doing some, too.

Thanks for the offer of getting me an invite, but I don't do FB and I seldom remember to check other threads.  I should at least go look for that exercise thread, though, shouldn't I?  It couldn't hurt much to have 2 regular threads....

I got sensorily overloaded between yesterday's field trip and today's personal training (they had dueling stereo & TV again until I spoke up).  I sent DH and the kids to ILs' house without me this evening, and I spent the past hour or so cleaning bathrooms and running more laundry.  DH wants to go paddling tomorrow, and I basically promised the kids shoe shopping and DD15 a haircut (she wants to donate her hair again since it is long enough).  This weekend will be busy, therefore, and so getting some more cleaning done now will reduce sensory overload & stress, and let me relax and enjoy being outside all the more.

Outside time helps with sensory integration.  Summer has lasted long enough -- time for things to cool down enough to let me get outside.

Yesterday I did get some (man-made) waterfall time.  The museum we visited has a butterfly center with two man-made waterfalls and a LOT of vegetation.  It was almost as good as being outside for real, and no mosquitoes!

• Like 2

Today was supposed to be pay day. Well, I got paid. But dh got a call that the guy who supposed to pay them is still out of state and they won't get paid until next week. I'm going to pay for zumba and call it all good.  :glare:  And, I'll send a text to the landlord. I'm going to need a second job.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   *sigh*  Paycheck delays are the worst.

Ds says that he thinks that he did ok on his college pre-calculus test.  He used his testing accommodations provided through the disability office and he said that they helped tremendously.  He's now looking into getting note taking help which is also offered because he has a hard time concentrating on what the professor is saying while taking notes at the same time.

DD15 will likely need such accommodations when she reaches college.  As she approaches time to take PSAT & similar I will get her evaluated again to see what, if any, accommodations she should request for those.  I'm pretty sure no Scantron forms (fill in the bubble) will be at the top of the list.

My house looks ready for Halloween. Numerous spawn of Ungoliant have assembled around my house and have constructed fantastic orb webs. You have to look out in the morning if you go out a door, because you might just end up wearing a fat, wicked-looking, but petrified fall weaver in your hair.

They make some of the most amazing webs, don't they?

• Like 1

DH and the girls are on their way home, and I'm ready for a shower prior to getting ready for bed.  We will need a good night's sleep tonight if we are going paddling tomorrow.

Hmm, I wonder if I have $5 for the lake?....

• Like 1

Good Saturday morning!

After a nice 45 mph week, it's going to be a 70 mph Saturday.  

You may (or may not) remember that I had to get a new coffee maker a couple months back.  (It seems like years, so I'm not sure how long.)  One thing I don't love about it is after my first cup, subsequent cups are too hot.  And if I wait too long to drink the rest it gets a burnt taste.  Has anyone had this problem with a coffee maker?  I think I have a thermos type pot I could pour it into, but I don't think it would keep it hot enough.  

#firstworldproblems

Hope everyone has a great day.  

• Like 6

Good morning!

I have been awake with a headache for a while, but it's turning into nausea so I have see if I can get it taken care of before leaving for the boy scout popcorn sale, and then pick up some things from Kroger, then theater set committee (building and painting more set pieces today), then univeristy symphony concert. Then bed.

Have a great day! Don't travel web-infested paths!

• Like 6

My Mom tried a variety of coffee strategies.  She did like the thermal carafe idea for quite a while (she would preheat the carafe with boiling water for a few minutes before dumping the water and filling the carafe with coffee).  Eventually, though, she migrated to making just a single cup at a time when she wanted coffee, using a small Melita filter basket that fit on the top of a mug.  This was before Keurig and other pod-type single-use coffee makers were available.

When Mom was still alive I kept a french press pot here to make coffee for her when she visited.  She liked that okay, but still preferred her single-mug filter, so I bought one of those.  I think I still have it somewhere in the kitchen "attic" (shelves I can only reach by standing on the counter).

• Like 4

Good morning!

I have been awake with a headache for a while, but it's turning into nausea so I have see if I can get it taken care of before leaving for the boy scout popcorn sale, and then pick up some things from Kroger, then theater set committee (building and painting more set pieces today), then univeristy symphony concert. Then bed.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope you beat the nausea and headache into submission.

• Like 3

:zombie:

Been up for and hour, :willy_nilly: , trying to get the short person ready to leave for an Awana conference. Now sucking down part of my first cup of coffee.  We need to be out the door.  Two minutes ago.  :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

• Like 8

Good morning!

(((Susan)))

None of these things sounds like something I would want to do with a headache.  I'm sorry.  I hope you're able to get it knocked down.

• Like 4

Good morning!

This all sounds exhausting. I hope your head feels better.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Today I have another workshop. These (the workshops this week) are all voluntary, but I didn't realize everything was so close together. I signed up for this last year, something about Reggio Emilia and expressing with art. Or something like that.

I told dd16 last night that I'm going to need to put together a calendar with the workshops and trainings I signed up for. The district has a system where we can sign up for things and it creates a portfolio of all our trainings. But the state prek isn't part of that system so we have to sign up for that separately. I think I'm going to be leaving one training (prek) to go to another (district) one day, but it may be the only day it happens and both of those trainings are mandatory.

Well, I think this workshop will be fun. It's being held at the opera and I've never been there. I hope they have good food.

Dancer and dh are in charge of getting Gymnast to dance and gymnastics today. I'll see how that went when I get back.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

My family tells me that I was so tired tonight that I fell asleep on the living room floor while the bunny ran in circles around me.  Apparently he would come and sniff my face every once in awhile.  I did wake up once when he actually came up and bumped my nose.  Now I'm going to bed for good.  On an actual bed. 

I hope you slept well last night, Jean.

• Like 5

On Monday, I will be trying to certify to rate another test, so keep me in your thoughts. Mostly, that I don't forget I'm supposed to certify, after working in the morning and teaching online in the afternoon. The certification is online right after my class.

• Like 5

Good morning!

Ugh. I hope the headache and nausea go away so you're not miserable all day. And with the nausea, I hope that doesn't mean a migraine trying to ease its way in.  :grouphug:

• Like 2

Ok, ya'll. I've printed out the directions to the opera and will be sticking the addy in my gps to see how far it is. I like to know how much time I have to get somewhere. I should probably put on pantz other than my pj pants, find a shirt, and maybe even eat something. They're supposed to have food, but you never know what that entails. It very rarely means protein. Maybe I'll eat an egg. Yeah, that.

Ciao!

• Like 5

On Monday, I will be trying to certify to rate another test, so keep me in your thoughts. Mostly, that I don't forget I'm supposed to certify, after working in the morning and teaching online in the afternoon. The certification is online right after my class.

What about email/text reminders?  Would those help or just be annoying?

If you want either/both, PM me.

(I'm not trying to be obnoxious-I have multiple back-ups to help me remember things because it can be a big problem for me.)

• Like 3

Good Saturday morning!

After a nice 45 mph week, it's going to be a 70 mph Saturday.

You may (or may not) remember that I had to get a new coffee maker a couple months back. (It seems like years, so I'm not sure how long.) One thing I don't love about it is after my first cup, subsequent cups are too hot. And if I wait too long to drink the rest it gets a burnt taste. Has anyone had this problem with a coffee maker? I think I have a thermos type pot I could pour it into, but I don't think it would keep it hot enough.

#firstworldproblems

Hope everyone has a great day.

Yes. My pot gets unplugged as soon as it is done brewing. I re-heat any coffee I drink after that first cup in the microwave.

#toocheaptobuyadecentcoffeemaker

#firstworldproblemindeed

I think it started actually when I met DH. He has a thing about small kitchen appliances being left plugged in.

• Like 3

Good luck!

• Like 2

Good morning! It's Saturday. I slept in. It's supposed to be in the 70's this weekend. Life is good!

Susan, hope the headache goes away!

Lynn, I'm sorry about the coffee woes.

JJM, have fun at the Awana conference. Do you do TNT? If so, what do you think about the new curriculum?

The boys have a soccer game in 25 minutes. I'm still in my robe with wet hair. Then, I get to go to the Beauty Shop and get my hair cut and painted. Woohoo! And then... I'm free for the day. I am so glad.

• Like 7

:grouphug: Susan

I've been battling a headache as well.

Lynn, I hope you don't get a speeding ticket. :D

Ikslo, it is good to see you. I hope all is well with work and your family.

Today is eldest dd's birthday. 17 years old. Time just flies doesn't it? So we are having spaghetti with homemade meat sauce, garlic bread, a lettuce salad, then French vanilla cake (from a box) and ice cream. She is having two friends over which is nice. Not too many, but enough to make her happy.

So I need to get started. I hope everyone has a beautiful and restful day.

• Like 10