Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning! Latin lesson has begun.

More coffee!

(I will have to tell the kids about black moon day. We are studying astronomy this year, so, science!)

Dawn, how is ds enjoying his new job?

He really likes it. Thanks for asking. :) He is a town Marshall on the weekends, but is still working full-time corrections at the jail. He has been fitted for a new uniform complete with a bulletproof vest. (Kinda scary, isn't it?) He has applied for a full-time deputy position at the prompting of the sheriff, but a decision won't be made for a couple of months probably.

Tell me more about this black moon. I haven't heard about it.

• Like 9

Happy payday!

I was up all night wondering what happened to the sun, but then it dawned on me.

Coffee!

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: (The first one's me, the second DD.)

Can any of you spare a prayer for ds' college pre-calculus test? He knows the material but freezes in the tests. And the tests are what count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done and will do.

A bit more coffee then...POOPERAEROBICS!  It's always somuchmorefun when it rains. :glare:

• Like 9

Can any of you spare a prayer for ds' college pre-calculus test? He knows the material but freezes in the tests. And the tests are what count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do!  Test anxiety is the worst.

• Like 4

He really likes it. Thanks for asking. :) He is a town Marshall on the weekends, but is still working full-time corrections at the jail. He has been fitted for a new uniform complete with a bulletproof vest. (Kinda scary, isn't it?) He has applied for a full-time deputy position at the prompting of the sheriff, but a decision won't be made for a couple of months probably.

Tell me more about this black moon. I haven't heard about it.

You know how a blue moon is the the second full moon in one calendar month?  Well, apparently the second NEW moon in a calendar month is called a black moon.  Not as scary as it sounds, huh?

• Like 6

My last remaining sober cousin is no longer sober. She is one of the geniuses. She was going to Yale Medical School.

RIP the C. family. Please don't have any children.

AFAIK, I have not had a sober cousin in a long time.  I am the black sheep of the family.   :laugh:

• Like 6

They're baaaaack!  The telemarketers, that is. 

They have been plaguing the kids' phones recently -- a new development, as the kids' numbers were previously unknown to telemarketers.  DH has now added the kids' numbers to the no-call list, so some of these calls will go away.  If Rachel calls we will start an investigation because the kids don't have any credit cards yet and shouldn't be called by cardholder services.

• Like 4

Hugs to all who need them. 

I'm following along, but am so tired the past few days that I just haven't felt like posting.  I think the things in my head I want to respond, but they just don't make it to the screen.

COFFEE!!!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Been there, done that, and we love you because we know you are thinking wonderful things about us all.   :laugh:

• Like 6

I hope the washer finishes before I go to personal training.  I'm washing our sheets today and would like to get them into the dryer before I head out -- that way if I get distracted and forget about the sheets until bedtime I only have to make the bed and not sit up waiting for the sheets to dry.

The girls got a few impromptu lectures today, including take-the-plastic-bag-of-wet-swimsuits-directly-to-the-washer-when-we-get-home-from-swimming-at-Grandma's-don't-leave-it-on-the-kitchen-table-or-hall-floor-for-days-to-grow-moldy, and the many, varied benefits of actually tracking what homework they have finished and what is left to do.

• Like 3

Tomorrow I get to file the FAFSA for 2 kids!! Yay! It's almost as fun as doing taxes.

fingers-in-the-ears-smiley-emoticon.gif

My last remaining sober cousin is no longer sober. She is one of the geniuses. She was going to Yale Medical School.

RIP the C. family. Please don't have any children.

I'm sorry, Slash.  Is it possible that she's self-medicating to mask symptoms of mental illness?

Hugs to all who need them. 

I'm following along, but am so tired the past few days that I just haven't felt like posting.  I think the things in my head I want to respond, but they just don't make it to the screen.

COFFEE!!!

:grouphug:  Odds are we'll still be ignoring everything once you get all sorted.

I am so tired of having money worries.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

Critiques are done. I included a spoonful of sugar with each. They gave me four. :svengo:

Boy 1 has killed his evil dragon, but the crows escaped.

Boy 2 has invaded the camp of the evil roosters.

I need more caffeine.

A roast is in the oven, and it smells rather good in the house.

Back to writing.

• Like 6

I'm sorry, Slash. Is it possible that she's self-medicating to mask symptoms of mental illness?

Dang it, babiness!

I haven't seen her since I was about 4. I know that my grandparents were horrible to my mother, aunt and uncle, and in return they were all terrible parents. As in horribly abusive. Other than that I don't know anything about her. I don't even know her name as she is one of two and I don't know which is which. My mother always refused to talk about them because she hates her sister.

Facebook message question:

A college friend of mine who lives 800 miles away and I haven't seen or spoken to in years (even on facebook, which I haven't posted on in years), sent me a facebook message last week saying she is now selling this jewelry stuff and is wanting friends to set up parties, etc., etc. I forgot about it until today when I got a follow up facebook message asking if I'd thought about it and telling a little more about the company and jewelry, etc., etc.

So, I am thinking these are just form letter messages that went out to all her facebook contacts? She is not really expecting me to set up a party, right? As stupid as it sounds, it is stressing me out. I don't do parties and I rarely wear jewelry.

A college friend of mine who lives 800 miles away and I haven't seen or spoken to in years (even on facebook, which I haven't posted on in years), sent me a facebook message last week saying she is now selling this jewelry stuff and is wanting friends to set up parties, etc., etc. I forgot about it until today when I got a follow up facebook message asking if I'd thought about it and telling a little more about the company and jewelry, etc., etc.

So, I am thinking these are just form letter messages that went out to all her facebook contacts? She is not really expecting me to set up a party, right? As stupid as it sounds, it is stressing me out. I don't do parties and I rarely wear jewelry.

1. Become friends, throw a party, defriend.

2. I'm sorry but I'm very busy and not very active online. I'm uncomfortable with another responsibility right now. Good to hear from you though!

• Like 2

Form letter or not, it is a "cold sales call" hitting up anyone she can.  You are not obligated to do anything. 

• Like 7

There's a concert tonight that I really wanted to go to. At a free festival in a neighboring town. I told my husband six months ago that I wanted to go. I told my husband 3 weeks ago to remind him. Husband got sent on a business trip and the only thing I've asked to do all year got cancelled.

I guess it doesn't really matter since Weapon X has a basketball game in the morning, so he couldn't stay with my in-laws anyway.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

There's a concert tonight that I really wanted to go to. At a free festival in a neighboring town. I told my husband six months ago that I wanted to go. I told my husband 3 weeks ago to remind him. Husband got sent on a business trip and the only thing I've asked to do all year got cancelled.

:grouphug: That stinks.

• Like 1

I guess it doesn't really matter since Weapon X has a basketball game in the morning, so he couldn't stay with my in-laws anyway.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

:sad: Bummer.

• Like 1