Menu

Ignore this thread!

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My fasting blood draw was amazingly easy this morning.  I should go out and buy a lottery ticket today! 

?? Make it rain $100s! ??

I passed out last time I had a blood draw. I remember dreaming as I was coming to - I was in WW2 and a nurse and they were trying to get me out of harms way. It was really weird. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Am I the only one concerned that you have a baby on the menu?  The MENU?  (Svengo)

Served with a side of coos and complementary adoration. There have been many debates about plate color. Matt and I are thinking blue, Mary wants pink and John wants a double portion on a blue plate. :svengo:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I so so so loved Ove. I started it in audio, which was fantastic, but ended up finishing it in print because I could read it faster than the narrator could talk! I had to know what happened. Then I downloaded the audiobook to my computer, because I love all of them so much. Where are you in the story?

I just finished the chapter that describes his courtship with Sonja - a little more than 1/3 of the way through. One thing I Love about this book is how initially nothing had personal names, everything is like a sketch, but then as the story unfolds, people have names and the story gets filled in. Everything was so blurry at first, but then as Ove starts to change, things become more focused. Great book!!

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We’re back. Got a ton of blueberries. Now i’ve Got to do something with them.?

Susan.  My mom told me that citrus takes a while to get established. Leonard is sulking, too!

Send the blueberries to me.  I like blueberries.

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Noooooo!  You know "our" date night Thai restaurant?  They've closed.  I'm so bummed. 

Grrrrrrrr.  Maybe they need a talking to - ENB style?

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am reading “A Man Called Ove” And am thoroughly enjoying it. If anyone needs a great summer read.... this is it!

I read almost the whole thing, and then my digital library copy expired and I never finished it!  I am so ashamed.  I am currently reading a James Patterson book that was on that PBS "Great American Read" list.  I'm halfway through and it is soooooooo boring.  Hope springs eternal - maybe it will get better.

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I can't stay and chat. Love you all, but have to finish getting the last of these revisions in tonight. Also have an agent request to send!

Keep up the good work!  ❤️

• Like 3

In other news, I finished my crocheted dishcloth.  I really love the pattern design, but it's a little too big.  I was taught to crochet "loosely" so that may be part of it.  I'm gonna make another one but make it just a little smaller and maybe use a smaller hook.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Send the blueberries to me.  I like blueberries.

Grrrrrrrr.  Maybe they need a talking to - ENB style?

I read almost the whole thing, and then my digital library copy expired and I never finished it!  I am so ashamed.  I am currently reading a James Patterson book that was on that PBS "Great American Read" list.  I'm halfway through and it is soooooooo boring.  Hope springs eternal - maybe it will get better.

Keep up the good work!  ❤️

The blueberries are delicious!!

And Susan, dear, put the book down. It won’t get any better. Life is too short to read boring books.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, maize said:

I got started on tuning my piano this evening. Three notes done, 85 to go.

You tune your own piano? I am impressed. We have a guy come. We love him. And he always gives us a mini-concert when he’s done.?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

You tune your own piano? I am impressed. We have a guy come. We love him. And he always gives us a mini-concert when he’s done.?

I got started when we were penniless newlyweds with a hand me down piano. I bought a tuning hammer and a book.

Now I have a fancy piano tuning app that makes it much easier. I'm slow though. I've never tuned any piano but my own, but I'm thinking about taking my kit with me next time we visit my sister in law because her piano is painfully out of tune.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Today we work on the basement - it will be a family effort, though most of it is misc. stuff of ds22. 

Maize, you must have a really good ear!  Dh took a piano tuning class in college and they had to learn to listen for harmonic waves and pulses and tones and all kinds of crazy stuff.  I imagine it is enormously satisfying when it is done.  Probably the ENB should hint to your family that you need pie after that.

wow - it's 8:00 already!

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!

I am up early on a Saturday. When DH sets the AC for overnight he doesn’t put it as low as I would and I never sleep as well.  So, I guess I will have my COFFEE~D and work outside a bit before I have to go help make salads for my cousin’s wedding tonight.

It’s a lovely morning.

Well, there you go..... It’s a lovely Morning Booya/h!!

• Like 5

I got about 5 hrs of sleep and I am super tired but happy.  My revisions for this pass are done and I don't touch anything but typos until the editor gets done with it. And I finished ahead of schedule too. Work today, read a friend's chapter, and a nap are my goals for the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Menu:

• Cabbage fish wraps with mango, avocado, red onion, tomato and cilantro.
  • Pakistani Kima.
  • Sheet pan chicken, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and apple.

The Workout Plan:

• Dance
  • Tai Chi
  • 100 Push Up Challenge

Other plans:

• Not die.
  • Sleep.
  • Educate short people. Maybe.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I need more coffee.  Also I’m super stressed and buying curriculum.  Not a good combination.

Sigh.  Buying curriculum used to be so satisfying!  A great stress reliever!  Are you stressed because you're buying or buying to ease your stress?  Just put it in your cart and let it sit for a few days (or longer).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Sigh.  Buying curriculum used to be so satisfying!  A great stress reliever!  Are you stressed because you're buying or buying to ease your stress?  Just put it in your cart and let it sit for a few days (or longer).  

I’m shopping to bleed off stress from something else.  I do find curriculum buying fun and satisfying; I just don’t want to overspend!

• Like 3

Dd19 dropped her phone in the toilet and made the mistake of emailing dh and I for advice rather than her big brother, who actually knows what he is talking about.

Preschool Sunday School lesson and craft are ready for tomorrow.  The basement is much improved.  As soon as the smaller goats are banished we're going to watch a movie and eat leftover ice cream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm suffering a little from post-project depression, but I have a critique partner's chapter to read, which should make me feel better. I'm so sorry things didn't go better for you Bookie, and I hope and pray things go smoothly wherever they can and that you will have the courage and grace you need when things get rough. 

In other news, my children are leaving me. They are headed out on a grand tour of the western states and I won't see them for 10 days!

• Like 5