Menu

Ignore this thread!

Last day of work before vacation.  Hopefully. Vacation was supposed to start Friday after work, but then some knucklehead scheduled an audit - and that someone was not me. So I will participate in day one, and if it goes as well as Thursday/Friday’s audit of another lab with the same assessors, I may be able to just attend closing session on Tuesday and get a day of my vacation back.

7am Pacific/10am my time.  But first...

COFFEE!!!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

"Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash!"

Pecan pie

Pecan pie

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

In "When Harry Met Sally", it's PEA-CAN.

That’s one of my favorite movies!,😂😂😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Speaking of The Queen, I wonder if she is back from visiting The Mouse?

I will probably go to the AFSA this morning.  Anybody need anything?

Coffee!

I need stocking stuffers for the kids. Could you pick some up?? Then I am all done prepping for Christmas. 

Well, almost. Still have some cards to address. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need stocking stuffers for the kids. Could you pick some up?? Then I am all done prepping for Christmas. 

Well, almost. Still have some cards to address. 

I'm on it!

Tell me what to get dd18 and dd14 for Christmas!  I ask them what they want and they say, "eh, I don't know" or something useless like, "I need some string oh nevermind I found some", or "I need ds16 to feed the bunnies".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I solicited Christmas wish lists with this text to our family group text last week:  

For a limited time, the Santa department is now accepting wish lists. This offer does not guarantee receipt of goods or services or of any satisfaction whatsoever.  May the odds be ever in your favor. 

So far, I have received one list. <svengo>. Santa wants to retire!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I solicited Christmas wish lists with this text to our family group text last week:  

For a limited time, the Santa department is now accepting wish lists. This offer does not guarantee receipt of goods or services or of any satisfaction whatsoever.  May the odds be ever in your favor. 

So far, I have received one list. <svengo>. Santa wants to retire!

No list?  No present!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

How is short person?

Short person is happy independent person. She LOVES college, has made lots of friends, and can't wait to go back. She currently has custody of my vehicle and is shopping in the Big City with her bestie (from here.) Which may be why I am surfing the Forums for the first time in forever.🤨

How is the tribe?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Short person is happy independent person. She LOVES college, has made lots of friends, and can't wait to go back. She currently has custody of my vehicle and is shopping in the Big City with her bestie (from here.) Which may be why I am surfing the Forums for the first time in forever.🤨

How is the tribe?

My tribe? Hmmm...

Matt's not worked regularly since March and we had to put the house off a year. He's going to school for home inspections as soon as we can get funds together.

I was finally diagnosed with Lupus. I've been bedridden for almost two years and I'm in astronomical pain every day, but it's getting better.

John is the same, but taller.

Mary is the same but not taller.

Alex still can't talk good. He's calmer though.

We had an accidental pregnancy and I finally got my tubes tied. Isaac 4 months.

20201206_190203.jpg

20201117_142318.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Isaac looks like John and Alex, kinda mixed together. ❤️

I'm sorry about the Lupus dx. Lupus sucks. (It is something I fear. When diagnosing my autoimmune pregnancy issues, the immunologist described me as "basically, sub-clinical lupus." I don't ever want to achieve clinical-ness.) 🤗

I hope that the Covid vax opens up your economy. Poor Matt. 😞

Hug the babies for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

How is it almost 5:00?  I think this is possibly the Most Frustrating embroidery project I have ever done.  Nevertheless, I must force and/or bribe myself to continue.

It becomes even more frustrating when your Dog decides your embroidery gifts make an excellent appetizer. 😭

• Sad 4

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm on it!

Tell me what to get dd18 and dd14 for Christmas!  I ask them what they want and they say, "eh, I don't know" or something useless like, "I need some string oh nevermind I found some", or "I need ds16 to feed the bunnies".

Clearly one of them wants a book on string theory.  

Prepaid gas cards?

stylish bags/pocketbooks?

A stuffed Pooh bear?  Everyone loves Pooh.

A Jar of Pickles

Books

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Stocking gifts (this is what we are doing): an orange, chapstick/lip balm of some kind, homemade hand sanitizer, tiny embroidered ornaments if I ever get to them, hand lotion, nice chocolates

I remembered today that both girls in question really liked poking around in a local antique store, so I may stop by there and see if I can see anything and/or get a gift certificate to the shop - handbag, stuffed Pooh/animal, or books would definitely be welcome things to find there!  Thanks, ikslo!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I think Puppy gets a basket muzzle in his Christmas stocking!

This would definitely be easier to implement than fencing off all flat surfaces in the house!  😂 

It's a Muzzle That Puppy Booyah!

The weather outside is frightful,

But The ITT is delightful,

So as long as we love it most,

Let us post, let us post, let us post! 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay!  How was the World of Mouse!?!

It was great. We ate more officials meals than we usually do, and had some actual snack food (Mickey pretzels, churros, Mickey sugar cookie); normally we just sort of grab things here and there, but I wanted to do more this time.

This was supposed to be the Disneyland year; we missed it every day. 😞 But we did all the rides in all four parks, a couple of the rides twice. We spent Thursday afternoon with some friends we have known since before we married, who now live in FL and the dh is a cast member. We save up all year for the Disney trip, meaning I had lots of money for merch and meals and stuff. 🙂

I have to say that short of not opening at all, Disney has done as much as humanly possible to allow for physical distancing.

We stayed at our time share. Thought about staying on Disney property, but most of the perks that come with staying on property are not happening, so we just stayed at our "home."We Ubered instead of renting a car.

Already planning for next year. With any luck, it will be Disneyland.

• Like 3

DD’s choir concert was tonight. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The choir director at her school is..... quirky..... but he gets results from those kids, that’s a fact. And DD looked so beautiful up there. And the music was so good. A good variety from “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” to “Peace, Peace” to “Magnum Mysterium.” Something for everyone.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I get to have my BooKs squished for the first time this morning.  Oh joy!  We got an email yesterday from the kids' choirs and it looks like it will be all virtual again this spring.  Dd14 is so sad - it's the last year that she can be in the touring choir and last spring's tour was cancelled and this year's is cancelled and they are offering more Zoom choir but the kids are so burned out on musical zoom crap because it's pretty much pointless and depressing.  If the kids don't make it into mid-state orchestra, we will probably quit youth orchestra, too.

I clearly need some

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!
Last day of school and work, but it’s going to be another doozy with work.

I am so sorry, Susan. It is disappointing and yes, Zoom is crap. There is no point. At all. All of this is so hard on kids. I have a new student on my roster who was really involved in his school, was an athlete, popular, etc. and is struggling so much because now he. is. home. And he is really having a hard time with it. It’s not good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So my DBS (dear baby sister), who has just finished her first semester at college, informed me that she is not going back for a second semester *and* has quit her job at the grocery store (after 2 years--because she didn't like it, they weren't great about scheduling, and she thought she should be paid better).

I'm... a little dumbfounded. She has a vague idea that she wants to take some self-paced online courses. She knows another store pays better, but has not applied (IDK why she wouldn't do that before quitting). No special hobbies or skills she's pursuing. We are not from a socioeconomic background in which young adults are afforded an extended time to "find themselves"/backpack through Europe/etc., and in any case, the plague makes a lot of exploratory stuff not super feasible just now.

My mom seems to want me to intervene. I texted DBS a couple of links to look at (VIP Kids as a work option that won't interfere with other pursuits; an EdX course), but open to suggestions.

Edited by 73349
  • Sad 4

39 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm up. Lots to do today as usual.

I'd be concerned that Baby Sister was struggling making life and school work. Might be worth talking it out and seeing why she felt it necessary to quit both school and her job.

That was my thought - wanting to make changes but not seeing how to go forward in the current climate.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Svengo!  Such restraint!

Nope.  Not restraint.  I already knew what was in them -- gifts for the kids that I will need to squirrel away in my closet for a few more days and then wrap.  I am really not looking forward to all of that wrapping.

• Like 4

On 12/4/2020 at 10:28 PM, KrissiK said:

We watched White Christmas tonight. I love that movie.

I taught White Christmas (the song) in Spanish, twice, in two weeks.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:31 PM, Slache said:

My kids were making me insane. Now they're doing a workout video. This is better.

Which one? Insanity? That would be fitting.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:41 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is it peCAHN or peCAN?

Yes.

11 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

So my DBS (dear baby sister), who has just finished her first semester at college, informed me that she is not going back for a second semester *and* has quit her job at the grocery store (after 2 years--because she didn't like it, they weren't great about scheduling, and she thought she should be paid better).

I'm... a little dumbfounded. She has a vague idea that she wants to take some self-paced online courses. She knows another store pays better, but has not applied (IDK why she wouldn't do that before quitting). No special hobbies or skills she's pursuing. We are not from a socioeconomic background in which young adults are afforded an extended time to "find themselves"/backpack through Europe/etc., and in any case, the plague makes a lot of exploratory stuff not super feasible just now.

My mom seems to want me to intervene. I texted DBS a couple of links to look at (VIP Kids as a work option that won't interfere with other pursuits; an EdX course), but open to suggestions.

?

VIPKids requires at least a bachelor's. Does she have one already? IF so, I have a few other companies she can try (for ESL). Send her to www.RatRaceRebellion.com It has a huge database of companies where she can work from home (if that is what she is looking for). I've worked from home for over 15 years, and for some of the companies on Rat Race Rebellion. It is free,and legit. I remember when the website first started. I think they are also on Facebook, but I don't remember. The companies are varied, and require various levels of education. Does she have any ideas of what she wants to study? EdX is good to try out things free, as well as Coursera, so that's a good start.

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd14 unexpectedly asked if I would play some old time/bluegrass music with her.  Dd11 joined on viola and we had a fun little jam session.  😊

So did we today! I got the keyboard (haven't done that in a while) and helped Gymnast with Allegretto (violin).

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Nope.  Not restraint.  I already knew what was in them -- gifts for the kids that I will need to squirrel away in my closet for a few more days and then wrap.  I am really not looking forward to all of that wrapping.

I love wrapping! Send them to me. Although, I have not enough wrapping paper. It's on my grocery pick up list for Friday. Sigh...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2