Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Allegretto is one of my favorites!

She is currently not liking it. But, that is mainly because she isn't practicing, so she keeps forgetting it, and is having a hard time picking up the notes again. When I got the keyboard, that was one of the last songs I was trying to figure out (and did!). I thought it was a fun song to play. It was very interesting translating the notes from the keyboard to what finger and string on the violin. I'm glad I'm a semi-musician.

The first song I tried was Turkey in the Straw. Gymnast had just finished a group online violin practice session, and another student played it. It was stuck in my head, so that's when I dusted off the keyboard, put batteries in it, and started to play. I also went back into the archives of my brain and pulled out Pachelbel's Canon in D. I relied a lot on muscle memory and sound. 🙄 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We ate dinner. It was good. I made potatoes and gravy and corn. Good, old-fashioned stick-to-your-ribs dinner. Now I just need to clean up. Bleh.

So here's what you do.  You announce to all present that you and dh are going for a walk, and the kitchen should be all clean by the time you get back.  Have fun kids!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So here's what you do.  You announce to all present that you and dh are going for a walk, and the kitchen should be all clean by the time you get back.  Have fun kids!

You should have told me this half an hour ago. DH is on a walk with oldest DD. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You need a kitty!!  I love fish tacos.

We visit the kitties at our favorite pet store often.  

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

The longer I sit here harder it is getting to get up.

Go order some tamales.

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need to order some tamales. A ministry here in town is selling tamales for a fund raiser. I cannot make a good tamale to save my life,  but I have a feeling the ones I will order will be good.

See?  I told you it was a good idea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Morning.   Three more days until two week break!  Except we're getting a huge snowstorm tonight so almost definitely no classes tomorrow.   And if there are widespread power outages, possibly not Friday.  We will have to wait and see.  I usually decide about closings based on what schools do but I think most of the local schools are virtual right now so I need to just make the decision myself.  

There was an accident and my snake died last week.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Good morning!

Gotta run and get the girls' music teacher's package out.  I was going to mail it, but decided to UPS it instead and avoid the annoying line.  Then must go to grocery store to buy ingredients for a special ginger cake that dd11 is going to bake for our family Lessons & Carols service.  Ds16 has cello lesson in a couple hours.  Family choir rehearsal after dinner.  Y'all are welcome to come.  

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dd12 is bored (again. still.)  She asked for something to do.

I joking said that she could clean the bathtub.

Oh, I'll spray it!!  Hooray!  That's actually one of the hardest parts for Arthritis Mommy to do anyway.

Then dd10 didn't want to be left out and she volunteered to spray down the shower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I'm making a list, and checking it twice, because if I don't do it, the day won't be nice...

I have just enough pages in my journal to make it through the end of December at one page a day. I bought my next journal already but it probably won't last so long. Half a year, maybe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I absolutely love George Winston's version of "Some Children See Him".  Actually I love most versions (if not all but then I haven't heard all . . .) of that song.  I suppose that I wouldn't like an off-key version! 

I think I may have heard that one. I used to love George Winston. I guess I still like him. I just don’t listen to music a lot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I absolutely love George Winston's version of "Some Children See Him".  Actually I love most versions (if not all but then I haven't heard all . . .) of that song.  I suppose that I wouldn't like an off-key version! 

Oh, I love that one, too!  I think I have that CD around here somewhere.

• Like 1

I pulled the trigger and called off classes for tomorrow.   Tomorrow is a later start for me so it might have been okay, especially by my latest classes but I felt like I needed to give people notice, not wait and see so I would have had to make the decision first thing in the morning anyway, and nothing is likely to change before then.  This way I can sleep in a little bit.   

The school in the town with the science center is all virtual, but my town (less than 5 miles away) is hybrid and is doing a school closing for tomorrow.  Since my official policy is to follow the schools, I figured I should go with it.

We are supposed to get 12 to 18 inches here.   With possible sleet causing ice under the snow. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2