Menu

Ignore this thread!

It's my birthday! I think. Ask Susan, she tracks these things.

MIL said happy birthday for the first time in 3 years. She wants something...

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Who’s birthday is it?? Not mine!!

Are you sure?

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Not my nirthday, either! I got to go deliver breakfast to the sick door.

(((DH)))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some lady just came to my door (socially distanced, thankfully).  She was doing a survey? I think? about solar something?  She talked so fast that I couldn't understand her.  I blamed it on the migraine.  I understood more in Spanish church last night than I did with this lady...  

• Sad 3

I ended up teaching my STEM class how to make paper lanterns yesterday.   We started off doing the paper chain challenge with pre-cut strips (different widths, lengths, etc to discuss what would make longest chains.  While they made their chains I did a ball out of the strips that they called a lantern, which gave me the idea to make the lanterns where you fold the paper, cut strips into it, then roll it into a circle.   They got a real kick out of it. 

• Like 4

I cleaned my son's room today so my snow day wasn't so relaxing.  It needed to be done, something was stinky in there (beyond the normal teen boy stank).  I'm not sure I found what it was but it smells better now so I guess whatever it was has been dealt with. 

It's a real toss-up which of my kids is the grossest.  Clearly none of them got any neatnick genes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I cleaned my son's room today so my snow day wasn't so relaxing.  It needed to be done, something was stinky in there (beyond the normal teen boy stank).  I'm not sure I found what it was but it smells better now so I guess whatever it was has been dealt with. 

It's a real toss-up which of my kids is the grossest.  Clearly none of them got any neatnick genes. 

We had that problem in our car once. Something smelled really bad, but we couldn’t figure out what it was. We cleaned out the car really good, though. And the smell went away.

• Like 3

'Twas a possessive pronoun. 

I am completely exhausted and writing isn't done. But I got all the cooking for the week finished, and people all ate well today, including me. Tomorrow is leftovers for dinner and sandwiches for lunch. 

Night two on the couch and the cats have already assembled. They are fairly sure I can't sleep without them. The problem is there's not much room on a couch for one human and two cats.

ETA: Roadfixer appears to be comfortably resting. I hear Star Trek movies playing.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Also, I'm really happy I decided to spend the money and get a Christmas tree. It's so cheerful and bright to look at. Even if there's nothing else for Christmas because we are so obviously not going anywhere anytime soon, the tree was worth it!

I love Christmas trees. They make me happy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

I love Christmas trees. They make me happy.

Normally I see them as a waste of money and a good tree, but this year I just needed a tree. I plan to purchase two Eastern White Pines for the yard this spring in gratitude.

ETA: Is it a Reformed Grinch Booyah?

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Normally I see them as a waste of money and a good tree, but this year I just needed a tree. I plan to purchase two Eastern White Pines for the yard this spring in gratitude.

ETA: Is it a Reformed Grinch Booyah?

Good for you, Critter!!❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Tomorrow I have my last classes until the new year.   Two fairly easy ones and a short day so it won't be bad at all.  

First week of break will be cleaning house since MIL is coming for Christmas.   Second week will be working on class stuff.  

Sounds just like my schedule! Tomorrow, I only have two classes: one is a new one I decided to try- teaching about different winter holidays in Latin America. Then, I'm off for two weeks! No classes whatsoever, not even my side hustles. The cleaning I will do will take all of next year, so I'm focusing on certain things. Then the second week, I get to focus on curriculum writing. I love writing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am ashamed to say that I actually thought that one through and still got it wrong. Possessive pronouns are tricky and mean.

I refuse to use the words lay or lie because I am positive I will get it wrong, no matter how many times the rule is explained to me.  I use the word "recline" if necessary. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I refuse to use the words lay or lie because I am positive I will get it wrong, no matter how many times the rule is explained to me.  I use the word "recline" if necessary. 😁

Me, too! I rewrite the sentence to avoid those at all costs 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I don’t get mixed up with that too much. Except the past tense kind of confuses me.

• Like 4

I am not kicked out of PT yet! Each session I get is another win as I doubt that working even with a personal trainer will be quite as effective. Today I upped my weights a tiny bit (two whole pounds!) but now my shoulders are very sore as a result. With fibromyalgia I have to proceed so slowly when trying to increase difficulty. Also - she said that I have to go back to one of the exercises I absolutely hate! But with less reps so that it won't give me the cramping that I was having.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Good morning!  It's Friday!

I forgot to have afternoon coffee yesterday, so my head is being a butt this morning.  Plus, Sir Pups-a-lot was barking and whining until all hours of the night because he could hear dd22 talking to friends in her room and was feeling left out of the party. 🙄  

The kids are playing Silent Night for dh's zoom work meeting this morning, then dd11 will get started on the ginger cake for our family lessons & carols service tonight.  Other than that I just have a bit more embroidery to do and get a couple things in the mail.  And I suppose I should finally get that laundry put away that's been sitting here since Tuesday.

Coffee!

#isaidbutt

• Like 4

Morning.  Last day!

My elbow has been sore for a few weeks now.  I thought I slept on it funny but it's not getting better.  Maybe I just keep sleeping on it funny.

I had trouble sleeping last night.  I feel congested and slightly wheezy but I'm 99% sure its from cleaning ds's room yesterday.  The dust was pretty bad and I sprinkled quite a bit of baking soda around.  I used my inhaler this morning for the first time in forever and realized it expires this month.  So I guess I should get a refill one of these days.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

13 hours ago, ikslo said:

Me, too! I rewrite the sentence to avoid those at all costs 🤣

I got sick of this so I memorized a chart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I had an extremely bad pain night. I even got up and took pain meds but somehow  that made things worse. 

It was PT induced. No Xena exercises today. But I will get my step goal.  And then tomorrow I will try the very same exercises again that put me in pain. (No, I am not a masochist but there seems to be no way forward without some pain - the only question is how much and how long and what is my stupid body and how much is injury- which of course I want to avoid). 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4