• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I admit, I do prefer to think the immaturity is a result of high intelligence rather than just ADHD. (But, I'm questioning the ADHD diagnosis, so...yeah.) I've been doing a lot of reading on right-brained learners, Auditory Processing and the brain, and tons of other brain based books. I'm overflowing with brains. lol 

As for the destiny thing,  lol  Not sure where that came from today, but I do know she has seem too many hours of Lego Ninjago. ;) Later this morning, she said "I think I have discovered my full potential." (Full potential is basically the destiny of each Ninjago)

I said, "You did?" 

"I did. My full potential is arts and crafts. I am amazing at arts and crafts. THAT, Mom, is my full potential."  :lol:  :lol: 

Of course, now, she is growling at her rocking horse - a rocking horse that she used when she was 2 and is way too small for her, but she insists on keeping in the play room.

Oh...and now she is attacking it like a tiger. 

You could tell her that her destiny is to become the full potential of Riv. And that's a pretty amazing destiny. After all, there's only one Riv.

• Like 7

I've been forcing my kids into a screen fast. While we were doing school today, every time we finished a subject I asked if he wanted to take a break. Every time he answered, "No, I want to do the next box." During our last box, he let it slip that he was trying to work hard so I would let him play video games after. Sneaky little devil.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

The guy at the emissions testing was impressed that I married into such a prominent Filipino family. :hat:

Matt's from a small town and his family was all very successful and impressive... except his parents. Everyone always had a look of disappointment when they figured out which part of the family I had married into.

• Like 4

I admit, I do prefer to think the immaturity is a result of high intelligence rather than just ADHD. (But, I'm questioning the ADHD diagnosis, so...yeah.) I've been doing a lot of reading on right-brained learners, Auditory Processing and the brain, and tons of other brain based books. I'm overflowing with brains. lol 

As for the destiny thing,  lol  Not sure where that came from today, but I do know she has seem too many hours of Lego Ninjago. ;) Later this morning, she said "I think I have discovered my full potential." (Full potential is basically the destiny of each Ninjago)

I said, "You did?" 

"I did. My full potential is arts and crafts. I am amazing at arts and crafts. THAT, Mom, is my full potential."  :lol:  :lol: 

Of course, now, she is growling at her rocking horse - a rocking horse that she used when she was 2 and is way too small for her, but she insists on keeping in the play room.

Oh...and now she is attacking it like a tiger. 

More Brains!   :zombiechase:  :zombiechase:  :zombiechase:

And.... How sweet!   :wub:

• Like 4

You could tell her that her destiny is to become the full potential of Riv. And that's a pretty amazing destiny. After all, there's only one Riv.

I think it's a good thing there's only one. The world might implode if there were more. 

Andersons has 1/2 price ice cream when it's snowing.

I don't know what Andersons is, but I am down with 1/2 price!

• Like 3

She does like to write. Maybe we ahould just do more of that. Maybe I could help her make a storybook.

Both of my boys preferred writing to reading when they were younger. I remember thinking that it totally went against what I'd been led to believe about boys, but we'd just go with it.

Both of them really began to take off when they got older (7,8, 9). Comics helped because of the visual with the words, I think.

• Like 2

I think it's a good thing there's only one. The world might implode if there were more. 

I don't know what Andersons is, but I am down with 1/2 price!

It's a good thing you didn't say the world might be obliterated... ;)

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/660696-is-this-word-offensive-to-you/page-1

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

She does like to write. Maybe we ahould just do more of that. Maybe I could help her make a storybook.

Is this the one who doesn't want to learn to read? I didn't teach mine to read, I taught him to spell phonetically with Reading Lessons Through Literature. It's a Spalding spinoff. After understanding the method he just starting reading. He was reading the KJV at 6.

• Like 1

Me: "Sigh. It looks like kitty was messing around with the printer again. Looks like we have a copycat."

My twins will often write the same story or sentences, and make the exact same mistakes when I know they can’t be copying. Are your boys identical, or did you mean copying off the internet or something? I had to warn my girls’ teachers to expect it. I think there’s something spooky with twin brains; at least w/ ID twin ones.

My twins will often write the same story or sentences, and make the exact same mistakes when I know they can’t be copying. Are your boys identical, or did you mean copying off the internet or something? I had to warn my girls’ teachers to expect it. I think there’s something spooky with twin brains; at least w/ ID twin ones.

No, mine are fraternal and about as compatible as water and oil. Best friends, best enemies sort of relationship.

• Like 1

That’s interesting. Is it meant to be used like thst, or did you adapt it?

Yep, this is the 6yo who doesn’t want to learn to read.

That's how it's supposed to be used. The Writing Road To Reading is the oldest of the method that's still popular. Logic of English is the current popular one. I believe that's how Webster's Speller worked.

• Like 1

Should I look into selling breast milk to creepy folks on the internet? I heard you could make about $23,000 a year....If I wanted to make an effort I could have plenty of extra. I used to donate for free to a milk bank. DH says get that money! 

Yes- get that money!  :driving:

No- Ewwww.  :ack2:

• Like 7

Should I look into selling breast milk to creepy folks on the internet? I heard you could make about $23,000 a year....If I wanted to make an effort I could have plenty of extra. I used to donate for free to a milk bank. DH says get that money! 

You won't be drinking it.  So I'd say go ahead. 

• Like 5

Yeah!

Please do sell it.  I was lucky enough to be able to provide for my baby, but there were a lot of moms in NICU who could not and milk is very hard to come by.  Our local milk bank never had enough supply, so they were forced out onto the open market.

FWIW, get in contact with the local doula/midwife community.  They can likely hook you up with clients.

• Like 7

I feel like a stuffed pig! But I guess a pig wouldn't lie on a daybed, watching tv, huh? I forgot to take my lunch to work, and until lunch I fasted. I just snacked for lunch, so for supper I ate 3 eggs (mostly just yolks, though), 3 slices of bacon, some cheese, and 2 tiny pancakes!! Juat call me Porky!

I don't see anything porky about it. 

• Like 3

Siri did it to me again.  I got to the grocery store and was getting everything on my list until I came to the item that said "Amazon".  And I'm thinking what?  And I was trying to figure out what she could have misheard.  It wasn't until I was home with the groceries that I realized that it must have been yams.  Fortunately dh bought some yams unbeknownst to me and instead of having yucky yams spill over my newly mopped floor, I am cooking them up for our yummy smashed yams. 

• Like 6

I'm back from hobnobbing with my fellow wizards, where I whined and opined on the arbitrary word count limits on first-time authors. Now I will go trim some more words from my manuscript and growl about it.

Ah... That explains why the first Harry Potter book was so short compared to the later tomes.  Someone must have put a word count limit on JK Rowling.  :)

You're in good company, methinks!

• Like 4

Yes- get that money! :driving:

No- Ewwww. :ack2:

I vote you should milk it for all it's worth.

• Like 6

Ah... That explains why the first Harry Potter book was so short compared to the later tomes.  Someone must have put a word count limit on JK Rowling.  :)

You're in good company, methinks!

That's exactly why. And twelve agents rejected it. 

Usually an author is constrained until he/she is popular enough to get away with more words.

• Like 2