Menu

Clara!!!! (a Nutcracker brag)

Storygirl

Hooray!! DD12 is going to be Clara in our Nutcracker!!!

And I can't tell anyone other than my husband (including DD12) until the cast list comes out tomorrow night. (The artistic director called me tonight to tell me in advance, so that I can take photos or video when DD reads the cast list.) So I'm sharing my excitement with all of you instead.

:party:  :party:

Thanks everyone!  She has class and then rehearsals all day, so I won't see her again until supper time, which will help keep me from spilling the beans.

Our Nutcracker runs for two weekends, and Clara is double cast, so she will also have a bunch of other parts (corps roles) on the weekend that she is not Clara. It's going to be a busy fall!  Plus two of my other three children are also in the Nutcracker this year -- DS9 is party scene boy and soldier, and DD9 is a mouse -- so we will be living at the studio. My other son is a competitive gymnast, so he's busy as well.

It's hectic, but it's worth it.

We finally got the email with the cast list at 10 pm. We kept the kids up, because they knew it was coming, and then we had a surprise cake that I bought at the store this afternoon. I had them write, "Congratulations, Clara" on it. I got a bit teary when I told the person in the bakery what to write.

DD was thrilled, of course, and she received texts from several sweet friends before bed.

Tomorrow's fun -- telling the extended family!

I have a Nutcracker Prince!!!

We got the e-mail during the night, so woke this morning to find that my DS is the only Nutcracker Prince this year- he doesn't have to share the role.   I'm very proud of him.  Of course, his first question was : "Who are the Clara's? This is very important information I need to know." 

DD is a Spanish dancer, a Snowflake and will make her Nutcracker pointe debut as a Waltzflower.  She is very happy with her roles.

I have a Nutcracker Prince!!!

We got the e-mail during the night, so woke this morning to find that my DS is the only Nutcracker Prince this year- he doesn't have to share the role.   I'm very proud of him.  Of course, his first question was : "Who are the Clara's? This is very important information I need to know." 

DD is a Spanish dancer, a Snowflake and will make her Nutcracker pointe debut as a Waltzflower.  She is very happy with her roles.

Congratulations to you and your son :)

Congratulations!

I have to say my son lived in dread of being the Prince. The boys at his school do NOT want that role, lol.  My son was thrilled that for the past several years he was Fritz and a number of other parts in the second act. Now he is too tall for the Prince so a big sigh of relief. He hopes to get Party Teen because that has a solo, but we'll find out maybe next week.

ETA: they don't want the role because of the costume. It is old and exquisite and falling apart. Each boy who is cast is worried they will be the last to wear it. They spend all their time being told not to lean against walls or brush up against other dancers etc. It gets stressful.

Cast list came out yesterday, I have a big mouse and a rosebud. She was thrilled to not have to be a boy again, LOL. Animal roles are always popular :-D She was double cast in the rosebud part, but not in the big mouse part, Oh my gosh, that means 10 shows and one extra day for a Christmas event, so 11 performances, eeeeekkkkk!!