Menu

Jamie and Claire

sassenach

Wewt wewt. Got mine as well. My day is dedicated to reading :p I'm nervous to start though because then I'll finish it and then what will I do?

The bonus to being kind of a slow reader (and not having a lot of free time) is that a book like this is a solid month's worth of reading.

Mine arrived on my Kindle app last night, too! I drank coffee at midnight so I could start reading. AND...I get to meet Herself on the 24th!!!!!!! My dh got us tickets (and a bunch of friends are going, too) to a reading she's doing in Dallas. I can't wait!!!!!!!

I almost stayed up until midnight to start reading last night but contented myself with re-reading the last few chapters of Echo before I fell asleep. Woke up, got my coffee and snuggled back in bed with my kindle. :-) I'm loving it so far!! Though I've had to stop reading and do the mommy thing for most of the morning. At this point I'm excited for quiet time!

I gave a great sigh of contentment when I saw that on my Kindle. Now I just have to finish A Suitable Boy (which is so mammoth I may never finish) so I can get started on it. Yay!

I just finished up a book too so I can dedicate my day to MOBY. I'm procrastinating starting it though.

I gave a great sigh of contentment when I saw that on my Kindle. Now I just have to finish A Suitable Boy (which is so mammoth I may never finish) so I can get started on it. Yay!

A Suitable Boy was one of the best books I think I've ever read.  It's been several years... maybe I should pull it out again for a summer read.  I do remember it taking me a while to read it the first time, but it was really worth it.

I am number 35 in the queue for the 2 copies at the library.

That's about where I am in line, too. I'm tempted to bail and just buy it for my Kindle, but maybe I can hold out. I figure I'll get it just around the time my kid leaves for college, so it'll give me something to do other than noticing how empty my nest is.

I called and found out the copy I preordered before Christmas won't be here for several days. So I went to wal mart and bought another :D

In all fairness though, I really need (okay,want) to have the book finished by the 24th because DH and I are taking a road trip (sans kids) to meet Herself! It's my birthday present :D

I've somehow managed to read 7 chapters throughout the day. I'll get to really dig in once the kids are asleep.

Another Outlander fan here! I have been teasing DH for several days about the Outlander vacation I will be taking. Haha! he reminded me this am when he left for work to "remember to feed the kids". Hehe. However, I can't start it until I finish 1776 by McCullough, I am just about there. What a long, slow slog....

I preordered over the weekend, but then started Echo in the Bone again, so although it's on the kindle waiting, I think I'll finish rereading Echo. Although I can't wait to see how she tied up all those loose ends! I've been reading since just before Voyager was released and she thought there'd be just six books.

I preordered over the weekend, but then started Echo in the Bone again, so although it's on the kindle waiting, I think I'll finish rereading Echo. Although I can't wait to see how she tied up all those loose ends! I've been reading since just before Voyager was released and she thought there'd be just six books.

She's said now that MOBY won't be the last, so we'll still be left hanging on this one! She's already started writing 9.

I have stretched it as long as I could, but I am a VERY FAST reader. I usually finish a 400-page book in less than a day even with living my life. BUT I am tryyyying to make this last, so I have been cleaning and playing games and my kids are telling me to stop talking to them. As much as I have tried, I'm at 49% and that makes me sad.

I called and found out the copy I preordered before Christmas won't be here for several days. So I went to wal mart and bought another :D

In all fairness though, I really need (okay,want) to have the book finished by the 24th because DH and I are taking a road trip (sans kids) to meet Herself! It's my birthday present :D

I've somehow managed to read 7 chapters throughout the day. I'll get to really dig in once the kids are asleep.

We will be at the same reading!!!! Eight or ten friends and I (and my dh) will also be there! It was one of my xmas presents, though my bday is December 1st so it kind of counted as one of those, too.

It's perfect. 

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Now I just have to finish Dragonwyck and then I can start on the adventures of Jamie and Claire v 7.0.

And... I am sorely tempted to buy a new Kindle to read WIMOHB on.  I tried out a Paperwhite at the store and wow, I really like the option of having a brighter screen to read on, compared to my Kindle keyboard model.  This could be an expensive ebook!

Now I just have to finish Dragonwyck and then I can start on the adventures of Jamie and Claire v 7.0.

And... I am sorely tempted to buy a new Kindle to read WIMOHB on.

Just want to make sure you know that book 7 is not the latest. Please don't start on the newest one thinking that is what you need to read. If you haven't read An Echo In The Bone it won't make any sense!!!

Just want to make sure you know that book 7 is not the latest. Please don't start on the newest one thinking that is what you need to read. If you haven't read An Echo In The Bone it won't make any sense!!!

Whoops!  I meant 8.  Or whatever number the new book is.  I've read all the previous ones.  DG writes, I read.  Then wait a few years... and repeat. :)

We will be at the same reading!!!! Eight or ten friends and I (and my dh) will also be there! It was one of my xmas presents, though my bday is December 1st so it kind of counted as one of those, too.

That would be fun! But no, I'll be at the one on the 25th. I say I have til the 24th as we must leave early that morning and I can't read in the car! It's going to be about a 12 hour drive so there is no way I was chancing getting there just in time!

That would be fun! But no, I'll be at the one on the 25th. I say I have til the 24th as we must leave early that morning and I can't read in the car! It's going to be about a 12 hour drive so there is no way I was chancing getting there just in time!

That is a true fan!!! I don't know that I would be willing to drive that long--we are only about 40 minutes away from the reading on the 24th. :) Where will She be on the 25th?

That is a true fan!!! I don't know that I would be willing to drive that long--we are only about 40 minutes away from the reading on the 24th. :) Where will She be on the 25th?

I tried to reply earlier and I think it got eaten :/

Herself will be in Tempe, Arizona the 25th (my birthday). We're near Salt Lake City, Utah. It was a decision made after about 30 seconds discussion lol. I said I wished I could, DH said let's do it, and I ordered. We figured out the details later lol.

Ha ha, you know what?  It has been so long since I read Echo that I couldn't remember what happened.  So when I started reading Written I totally didn't have the thread of what was going on.

So, I bought Echo for my Kindle and am reading that first to refresh my memory.  And there are a few bits in there that I can't quite remember what happened before THAT.  But I am NOT going to stop here & re-read Snow & Ashes.  :tongue_smilie: Because, you know, pretty soon I'd be back to the beginning with 7000 pages to read before finally getting to Written. 

Ha ha, you know what? It has been so long since I read Echo that I couldn't remember what happened. So when I started reading Written I totally didn't have the thread of what was going on.

So, I bought Echo for my Kindle and am reading that first to refresh my memory. And there are a few bits in there that I can't quite remember what happened before THAT. But I am NOT going to stop here & re-read Snow & Ashes. :tongue_smilie: Because, you know, pretty soon I'd be back to the beginning with 7000 pages to read before finally getting to Written.

This is how I feel. Soooooo much has happened and it has been so long I need a thorough refresher.

I might end up being like a centerfielder going for a long flyball...back, back, back, back, back...

:lol:

Ha ha, you know what? It has been so long since I read Echo that I couldn't remember what happened. So when I started reading Written I totally didn't have the thread of what was going on.

So, I bought Echo for my Kindle and am reading that first to refresh my memory. And there are a few bits in there that I can't quite remember what happened before THAT. But I am NOT going to stop here & re-read Snow & Ashes. :tongue_smilie: Because, you know, pretty soon I'd be back to the beginning with 7000 pages to read before finally getting to Written.

I read all seven in preparation for 8 coming out because I knew I'd forget a lot of details! And Scotish Prisoner, ALOTWOAH, and The Lord John books, but those weren't necessary, I'm just obsessed lol.