Menu

Jamie and Claire

sassenach

This is how I feel. Soooooo much has happened and it has been so long I need a thorough refresher.

I might end up being like a centerfielder going for a long flyball...back, back, back, back, back...

:lol:

I realized a few days ago that somehow I never finished Echo!! I think it's because in preparation for it coming out I started back at the beginning and read the first 6 books and got burned out. Hanging my head in shame and off to read Echo and then the new one!

This is how I feel. Soooooo much has happened and it has been so long I need a thorough refresher.

I might end up being like a centerfielder going for a long flyball...back, back, back, back, back...

:lol:

Exactly!  So now I am at 8% in Echo and there is a character that I can't remember who he is and why he's important to the story, and what happened to him previously...

I think I will just google...  but on the other hand, I'd probably enjoy re-reading books 2 through 6 (I re-read the first book within the past year)...

:wacko:

Exactly! So now I am at 8% in Echo and there is a character that I can't remember who he is and why he's important to the story, and what happened to him previously...

I think I will just google... but on the other hand, I'd probably enjoy re-reading books 2 through 6 (I re-read the first book within the past year)...

:wacko:

I don't know what to do. I loved the first few books but kinda lost interest as the series went on.

Do most series books get longer as the series go on?

I don't know what to do. I loved the first few books but kinda lost interest as the series went on.

Do most series books get longer as the series go on?

I felt that way, too. I read "Outlander" in a weekend. Seriously. That book had me hooked. But as I continued to read the series, I lost interest, too. I feel bad, because I loved the characters and I loved the premise.

Finished it. Am halfway through re-reading it again. 

Hmmmmm, if this had been the first in the series I wouldn't have read the 2nd. 

End of the series?!

Spoiler alert and a question. (highlight to read) What about the gold? 

I'm curious what other slackers are going to do. I haven't read but a chapter of Echo. I went back and reread Outlander for a third or fourth time with the intention of rereading the whole series again, finally read Echo and get caught up with MOBY. Now it seems really daunting :huh: . I won't be reading *anything* else for months! I am not a fast reader.

I felt that way, too. I read "Outlander" in a weekend. Seriously. That book had me hooked. But as I continued to read the series, I lost interest, too. I feel bad, because I loved the characters and I loved the premise.

The style of writing changes quite a but starting in the fifth book. Partly as a result of so many characters to keep track of. It took me some time to get through number five but once I was used to the change I enjoyed them again.

The audiobook versions I think are excellent as well, the woman who narrates them is amazing.

Okay, I'm finished.

I liked the ending though I wish we'd seen just a tiny bit more. Surely there's a happy medium in between ending a book mid-conversation and ending it with such a wisp of a teaser.

It wasn't a shocking ending like Echo was... I sort of like the endings that leave you saying "whaaaa?" 

I need Game of Thrones to come out with book six now...sitting here tapping my foot. The show is going to creatively decide how it ends at this rate.

Ha ha, you know what?  It has been so long since I read Echo that I couldn't remember what happened.  So when I started reading Written I totally didn't have the thread of what was going on.

So, I bought Echo for my Kindle and am reading that first to refresh my memory.  And there are a few bits in there that I can't quite remember what happened before THAT.  But I am NOT going to stop here & re-read Snow & Ashes.  :tongue_smilie: Because, you know, pretty soon I'd be back to the beginning with 7000 pages to read before finally getting to Written. 

I put Echo in my Audible player for the same reason.  lol

I didn't discover DG until a mere 5 years ago but read ALL of her books in the course of that summer.  lol  However, that means it's been 5 years since I last visited Frazier's Ridge, so I'm a bit fuzzy on things.  

I'm about 25% through and am savoring it, knowing that WIMOHB is already sitting there...  

Waiting for me.  :)

I just finished last night. I really enjoyed the book (unlike Echo). Glad I gave DG to redeem herself with this one! Only wish there was more Briana et al and time jumping!

Agreed. I quite liked it.

I did have to laugh at my 20-year-old acquaintance's assessment: "Eeew! Aren't Claire and Jamie, like, in their 60s? Old people don't really act like that, do they?"

DG said that there will definitely be at least one more book, maybe two. She is also working on a book set in modern day times. At her performance we went to last week she also said that there will be a prequel about Brian, Ellen, and Murtagh and the triangular relationship there. Also there will be a book about Raymond, which I am super excited about!

My original theory about the Fraser prophesy was that Jem would end up being the first pm of an independent Scotland, you know, like in a couple of years if they pas that referendum.  Seems like he'd be a reasonable age for it, maybe in his 40's if he'd continued to grow up in the 80's.  But the ending of this book seems to ruin that theory.

I reread the books before the new one comes out, or listen to the audiobook version. The audiobooks are very well done.

I love the audiobooks.  I got all of them on Audible back in October and worked my way through the series.

I feel the need to confess that I haven't started reading MOBY yet.  I don't want to be done reading it knowing that I'll have years and years to wait for the next one.  At least we have the tv show to look forward to next month.

Is she writing more of the Lord John books?  The ones I read were kind of bad.  Scottish Prisoner was okay, I guess.  I like his character.  He deserved better than those books.

ETA: Part of me feels that someone should write some glorious Lord John fanfic that would probably be better, actually.  DG loathes fanfic.  Silly author.

I haven't had success getting into the LJG books either. He just doesn't interest me on his own. I do have Scottish Prisoner but I haven't read it yet and only wanted it b/c of Jamie.

Is she writing more of the Lord John books?  The ones I read were kind of bad.  Scottish Prisoner was okay, I guess.  I like his character.  He deserved better than those books.

ETA: Part of me feels that someone should write some glorious Lord John fanfic that would probably be better, actually.  DG loathes fanfic.  Silly author.

:iagree:  Lord John is one of my favorite characters. I feel the same way.

• 4 weeks later...