Menu

I hit my max on Amazon's "Save for Later"

tammyw

Ugh! I love that feature. Apparently you can't go above 600, otherwise they just start deleting old items from your cart. Phooey! Now I actually have to go through it and delete some things!!!

Wow, I had no idea either!  How about that!  Thanks for the heads up.  I love this feature, too.  i have saved so much keeping stuff there until the price drops significantly!  And I don't have to re search for each item...

I love Amazon! Does everyone know about camelcamelcamel.com? It's an Amazon price tracking website. You can see the price history of items but my favorite part is that you can set price watches. Just put in the price that you want to pay for an item and when/if it's available at that price you'll get an email. I've saved lots of money this way. :)

http://camelcamelcamel.com

I guess I don't order enough from amazon to appreciate the feature LOL  I get deliveries about 2 times a week, but this feature drives me insane!  I want a smaller priced item, and don't want to wait, but it forces me to or it forces me to order bigger, which I won't do if I don't need to.  I don't like being forced! LOL  And, there are 4 of us in the house ordering so ideally I could do one order a week and combine stuff ot make this work, but try as I might, we are all like ships passing in the night and can never coordinate this one aspect to make this feature work for us.  blech.  glad some of you guys can use it!

:lol: That really made me laugh.  600 items!

The worst part? I actually go in and clean it out periodically. And it's still 600 items!

Want to hear something else funny? One time I decided I was going to go crazy - I added a ton of stuff from my "save for later" to buy all in one big shot (this was when they still had buy 3 for the price of 4). I had over 200 items in my cart and tried to check out. It wouldn't let me. They said, no you have to save some of those later, and only check out a much smaller number at a time (though they couldn't tell me how much I was allowed to check out at one time). So then I just ended up adding most of it back into Save for Later because I was irritated.

I guess I'm a high needs Amazon user, lol!

I found a blog post that said the max number of items for a wish list is 2500. However, you may have a limitless number of wish lists, according to Amazon. I have seven wish lists, though I keep them each pretty short. I don't use the "save for later" at all.

I feel like such a lightweight.  I only have 70 items in my "saved for later" list.  But I'm pretty good at sweeping it out regularly, otherwise it's too hard to scroll through when looking for the item I actually want.

It's fun to sweep out the old items and think, "Oh, yeah, that's when I considered a [whatever] phase" [fabric dying, bird watching, etc]

What's even more funny, is I'm wondering "doesn't every homeschooler have 600 items in their "save for later" amazon account?! I thought I was doing a big public service announcement :lol:

This is funny-after all of the hoopla here, I had to go & find out how many items were in my save for later-600!!!  Do you believe it??? And I had moved a bunch to my Wishlist plus deleted a bunch.  Two peas in a pod, I guess. :cheers2:

One of my wishlists is called Open Library. I periodically put books in there that I want to read, but can get for free on Open Library. Pretty proud of that list, even though I don't think it's what Amazon had in mind.

I love Amazon! Does everyone know about camelcamelcamel.com? It's an Amazon price tracking website. You can see the price history of items but my favorite part is that you can set price watches. Just put in the price that you want to pay for an item and when/if it's available at that price you'll get an email. I've saved lots of money this way. :)

http://camelcamelcamel.com

Ok, THAT is seriously cool!!!!!!!!!!  I just added the Camelizer to Firefox, et voila!  Price histories!  AND better yet - price watches!!!!!!!!!!!!  How awesomely cool is that?!  Thank you SO MUCH for sharing that little gem of an add-on!  :D  :D  :D

What's even more funny, is I'm wondering "doesn't every homeschooler have 600 items in their "save for later" amazon account?! I thought I was doing a big public service announcement :lol:

Too true, hehe...  I'm guessing I'm around 500, so I'm glad you told us!  I've been cleaning it out bit by bit.  It's fun to go back and realize what you've gotten over the years.  

I have one wish list with 742 items! It often runs through my mind that even if all the items on my list were only $10 apiece (which they are decidedly not), to get all my wishes granted I would have to shell out $7420 dollars. I think my eyes are bigger than my pocketbook.

In reality though I use the wish list button as my "cooling off" period to avoid jumping straight from the curriculum board to the buy button twice a day!

This is funny-after all of the hoopla here, I had to go & find out how many items were in my save for later-600!!! Do you believe it??? And I had moved a bunch to my Wishlist plus deleted a bunch. Two peas in a pod, I guess. :cheers2:

And if you are like me, you'll wonder how long you've been at the max and what they've been deleting from your list!!!! How could they delete stuff on me?! I'm really going to have to keep on top of this now!