Menu

The Twelfth Doctor in his official Doctor duds

stephanier.1765

I like it. I was very impressed by Capaldi in The Hour (it takes quite an actor to pull my attention away from Ben Whishaw!) and am looking forward to seeing him in the role. In fact, he's the only reason I'm looking forward to the next season of DW, as I'm about ready to give up on the show.

Love the jacket with the red lining and the crisp white shirt. I like those shoes. But those trousers....what are they? Pleated pants? Skinny jeans? Jodhpurs in need of actual riding boots? It's like they're having a style world identity crisis.

Wait, I know! The Doctor picked those up in the late eighties. Somebody tell him MC Hammer wants his pants back.

When I first saw the picture I was thinking that he is trying too hard.  The clothes are okay, but I would have liked something a little more casual.  I guess I will have to see how it all fits when the season starts.

When I showed it to my middle kid he said, "Oh, come on!  He looks like the third doctor.  Especially his jacket."

It is prob a shoutout. Matt Smith was very upfront that he was inspired by the second doctor.

Those shoes are Doc Martins, a real statement. And you are right that Docs are not for running. Maybe some butt kicking, lol, but not running.  Although Matt Smith seemed to run well in those fancy boots of his.  I am wondering if the pants are punk? Punk-ish? The don't bother me or not bother me either way.

Tennant was def. inspired by Quadrophenia for his outfit. I know Capaldi was in a punk band.....

The pants look off because they're pleated with skinny legs. Previous eras of pleated pants had straight legs.  

I notice harem type pants are becoming "trendy" again in women's fashion. Not quite Hammer pants, at least lets hope they don't go that far. 

The jacket is stunning and I see a new trend with bright linings. 

I was not initially excited about Capaldi having the part, but the more I read about his personal passion for Doctor Who, I'm excited to see how he makes the part his own. 

Ok, so in the article linked the quote from Capaldi says, "Or as Peter put it, when describing the whole ensemble: “He’s woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord.â€

So, no hat I am afraid, lol.

And I think the pants are meant to be streamlined, and any movement is going to come from the jacket. They are wanting to keep a very modern silhouette. 

I am not saying it works or not. Like I said before I have zero opinion about the pants, lol. I am not one to actually pay much attention to costumes, I know I miss a lot that way