Menu

I'm pregnant and I'm miserable

Kathryn

Sorry, I just needed to say that. We aren't telling anyone for a long time yet after a late first trimester loss this spring. I'm 7.5 weeks and I'm absolutely miserable. I told myself if I got pregnant again, I wouldn't complain if I was sick because my pregnancy this spring was perfect. But, I'm either nauseated and worthless on the couch, or medicated and unconscious. Please remind me this won't last forever and my children won't be traumatized by neglect.

Congrats on your pregnancy!  I'm sorry for your loss this spring, and that you're feeling so miserable now. :grouphug:   

It won't last forever and your kids will be just fine, even if you're "out of commission" for awhile.  Wishing you a healthy pregnancy, and I hope you feel better soon!

LOL.  I am 20 weeks and still miserable plenty of the time!  I spent last evening in a migraine cocoon, meaning lights out in my room while dh took care of everything with the kids.  I feel so bad that I am so tired in the evenings and can't clean or do family time like I used to.  Dh has done the dinner dishes and cooking way more than he should have to.  But it is the way it is.  Kids are so happy about a baby coming.  It will all be worth it! 

Congratulations!! I was in the same boat during the early part of this pregnancy. We ended up telling the kids because I was having to lay down around 4 PM every day. We swore them to secrecy and made the general announcement at 20 weeks. By then I was feeling almost normal.

Congratulations on the pregnancy and I'm sorry you're feeling sick--but hope that means a healthy baby! 

I get sick with every pregnancy, my kids live off of frozen pizzas and peanut butter sandwiches. We survive. Those beautiful babies make up for everything in the end.

(((hugs))) and come here to complain any time--it's hard when you feel so miserable and you don't feel like you can tell people.

Thank you.

I wish I could at least tell the kids, but they both took losing their sister very hard. My older son told us he didn't want to know if I was pregnant again until the day before I had the baby, but once we explained that it'd become pretty obvious much earlier, he said we could tell him after the first trimester was over.

I guess I'm really just feeling guilty for feeling miserable, like I should only feel thankful that everything seems to be going well so far.

Thank you.

I wish I could at least tell the kids, but they both took losing their sister very hard. My older son told us he didn't want to know if I was pregnant again until the day before I had the baby, but once we explained that it'd become pretty obvious much earlier, he said we could tell him after the first trimester was over.

I guess I'm really just feeling guilty for feeling miserable, like I should only feel thankful that everything seems to be going well so far.

Don't feel guitly! It hard to feel thankful (even though you are) when you're in the midst of pregnancy sickness, esp. when it's the kind that lasts all day and night.

:grouphug: 

You don't need to feel guilty. You can't help it if you are feeling miserable. Just take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do to feel less miserable.

Susan in TX

Congratulations, Kathryn! :hurray: I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Yes, you will feel crappy and yes, it will suck, but it will end sooner or later, hopefully sooner, and no, your children will not be traumatized. Lots of videos and audio books and picnics on the living room floor. Praying for a healthy happy pregnancy.

Your children's ages are very close to what mine were with my last and worst pregnancy. They are not traumatized.Older ds learned to fix breakfast for himself and his brother in the mornings (cereal, muffins and fruit, or oatmeal microwaved.) They watched lots of educational shows and played educational computer games and survived. They're a little feral at times, and we're easing into not just them getting to do whatever they want anymore, but it's fine.

Ugh, I am right there with you. I am 7.5 weeks and we aren't telling my daughter because of how upset she was when I miscarried a few months ago:(

I have no idea why they call it morning sickness when it lasts all day and night. And I swear I have a constant headache, it just gets a bit better at times.

I really hope you feel better soon, and am crossing my fingers here as well! With my first my nausea and headache lasted ALL.THE.WAY.THROUGH...

I really envy/secretly stick my tongue out/am happy for all those women who manage beauty, grace, and general glowy-ness all through!

Your kids are still little. They will be just fine if you can't wait on them hand and foot for a while. What's most important right now is for you to REST. Hopefully, your dh will be able to give the kids some extra attention -- not because they really need it, but because it will make you feel less guilty!

Can you lie around on the sofa and watch fun DVDs with the kids? They'll get caught up in the movie or TV show, and you will be able to sneak in some rest at the same time. If they have favorite TV shows, now is the time to buy full seasons on DVD!

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I'm also pregnant and miserable. We only have 10 weeks left, but it has been a long,

long pregnancy. I know it will be worth it in end, but I can't wait until we finally have this baby!

I also struggle with feeling guilty about feeling so miserable. Getting through school has been very difficult.

I keep trying to remember that it won't last forever!

This last pregnancy was tough on me.  I was so ill for the entire first trimester and well into my second.  My kids watched a lot of tv curled up next to me while I lay there trying not to vomit. :/  It wasn't the end of the world.  They are not traumatized and yours won't be either.  Relax and do what you can and forget about the rest.  Congratulations!

I'm so glad you are pregnant! And I'm so glad you're miserable if that means this is a viable pregnancy!

Now that didn't help at all, did it? :D

It really won't last forever, and your kids will survive, and that little one will be such a blessing for your family!