Menu

One of our youth from church is missing from her home UPDATE--She's home safe. THX.

Chris in VA

Please, dear folks, be in prayer (good wishes/thoughts, whatever) for a family at church. I just now opened an email from our youth minister, who wrote that the family's 9th grade girl is missing. I called him and no word yet as to her whereabouts. (This is not the youth minister's girl--he just wrote the email to see if any of the youth had heard from her.)

Dd knows her from youth group. She's very quiet and polite, not "the type" to be involved in anything nefarious. So far the fam is not treating it as an abduction but that's all I know.

My heart is in my stomach. I know what it's like to have a kid run away--don't know if that's the case, but "missing" is SO hard.

UPDATE: She's been found and parents picked her up. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. She wasn't there this am when they went in to wake her for school, so it has been a rough day for her parents. No details available (and I wouldn't share anyway) but thanks again. __