Menu

How often do you wash your cat or dog's dishes?

Snow

How often do you wash your cat or dog's dishes?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wash your cat or dog's dishes?

• After every meal
    • Every day
    • Every couple of days
    • Weekly
    • Every couple of weeks
    • Monthly
    • Uh...I'm supposed to wash them? Meaning, hardly ever
    • Other

Dh washes the cat's food and water bowls every day. He took that task on because I just wasn't getting around to it very often. Despite good intentions, I just wasn't making it a priority. I don't think the cat cares. He craves sweet tea, will fight you for scrambled eggs, and shredded cheese is his crack. He'll eat anything, anywhere.

After every meal (which is now only once a day after I switched to raw food, used to be fed twice a day when on dry food). He's my little baby. :001_wub: Ask me again a few years from now...my dog is still new to me and I do tend to get lazy after lavishing new things with attention. :p

They get kibble once a day and canned food once a day. The canned food dishes get washed every day. The kibble dishes get damp wiped every day, not really washed. It's kibble. I don't consider it that messy that it needs soap and water every day.

I only clean the food bowl if it looks dirty. He eats dry food and he cleans it pretty well himself every night. I rinse the water bowl every time I fill it and clean it whenever it looks like it needs it. We've never had a bug or ant problem with his food or water dishes so I guess we're good.

The water bowl gets rinsed every time it is refilled (at least 1x/day) and gets wiped out with a paper towel after the rinsing maybe 1x/week.

The food bowl gets wiped out maybe 1x/month.

The Kongs get put through the dishwasher every time I run it. If I am putting anything liquidy in the Kong (like canned pumpkin), it also gets washed out in the sink between uses. If only dry kibble is being used, then it just gets rinsed out 1x/day. The kongs always get put in the dishwasher when I run it though (that's maybe 2x/week).

I tend to feed our two dogs using the plates we use for breakfast and dinner, then they go straight in the dishwasher to be sterilized.

I wash the cats bowls once a week or so, and the water bowl gets rinsed daily and washed in the dishwasher weekly.

Once in a while on the dry cat food dish. More often on the water dish, to prevent slime (develops fast in this humid environment). Tuna treat dishes (a spoonful every now & again) are washed after she finishes.

I feed my cats wet food with a little dry food as snacks so I wash their 8 dishes (forget them ever agreeing to share a dish lol) every day but only because it is canned food. If they ate only dry, I would wash probably every few days but not every day. Their plates are the saucers for tea cups (which we never use) from my 2nd best china, the ones we use every day. We never used the saucers so they became cat plates. We also don't use the saucers from my first best set of china, but letting the cats eat off my best china would be going a little far lol.

The water bowl gets cleaned every 2-3 days because it looks dirty (bacteria or minerals in bottom?). The food bowl (dry with water added) is licked clean by them 2x/day so it never looks dirty, so I throw it in the dishwasher about 1 month or more.

So I can't answer you poll because of the difference in the 2 different bowls.