Menu

Since we're talking baby stuff - Diaper bags?!?

k2bdeutmeyer

I've hated every diaper bag I've ever owned. They're never big enough - why do they make diaper bags so narrow anyway? Pockets are good....especially since I usually end up using it as my purse for the first year too. What diaper bag did you have & love? With lots of space that is..... :)

I was looking at THIS one, but it's SO, SO pricey.....anybody have one like it and find that it was worth the $$?

I had something similar to this one: http://www.llbean.co...yall-diaper-bag back in the day. But, it was NOT that expensive back then. I loved it though. It held up for 2 babies and I even used it after for car trips with preschoolers.

See....that looks narrow to me. I felt like I was always stuffing those narrow bags - drove me crazy! Maybe I carry too much stuff?? lol

I have an earlier version of this: http://www.target.co..._1_22&term=skip hop I got it four years ago, and it's still in excellent shape. It looks like they replaced one of the mesh drink pockets from the end with a cell phone pocket, which I wish I had. The two big pockets on the front of the bag each hold two bottles/water bottles, and the interior has a lot of room -- I routinely carry clothes for my 1yo and 4yo, a couple of cloth diapers and a cover and wipes, a few toys, my wallet, random assorted stuff, and sometimes a small knitting project, and I have plenty of room.

Also, check ebay for a Lands' End Do It All that is a few years old -- it holds up well too and has a lot of room.

LOL, I just ordered that LL Bean one and I'm currently trying to decide if its too big for me or not. I like the unisex look of it though.

I breastfeed and take bare essentials with me (plus stash a few more in the car), and I hate huge diaper bags. I had one of these for my last two but it was just a tiny bit too small:

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=%2Fproduct%2Findex.jsp%3FproductId%3D2401255&domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com

I've hated every diaper bag I've ever owned. They're never big enough - why do they make diaper bags so narrow anyway? Pockets are good....especially since I usually end up using it as my purse for the first year too. What diaper bag did you have & love? With lots of space that is..... :)

I was looking at THIS one, but it's SO, SO pricey.....anybody have one like it and find that it was worth the $$?

I have that one in purple. I *heart* it. It was a gift :)

I bougth several over the years hated them all expecially now since we carry more than just stuff for baby with us. So this time I just bought a 19" duffel bag, lots of outside pockets, divider in the middle, I can carry baby stuff, change of clothes for little people and some books and toys to occupy whoever needs it. Won't actually use it till January but I'm already much happier than with the layout than any dipaer bag I've ever seen.

I had a lands end backpack bag. It is black, so dh did not feel put off using it. When I used it I stuffed my wallet in it so I didnot carry a purse. We still have it. We haven't had a baby in 11 years. It's a great backpack.i just don't carry the changing pad anymore (or food, or diapers and clothes...)

Wow, that *is* a pricey diaper bag. I mean, it's gonna carry diapers; yanno, those things that babies poo in? :p

Kristin, I think you and i need to figure out a way to set up a 'virtual' baby shower for you. :) Someone pm me if they can help me figure it out, ok?

Wow, that *is* a pricey diaper bag. I mean, it's gonna carry diapers; yanno, those things that babies poo in? :p

GAH! I know. It's really ridiculous. I don't think I would ever be able to actually spend that much on it, lol. In fact, I'm 99% sure I wouldn't. I think even if I had a lot of money, I would still be a cheapskate!! HAHA!

But, on the other hand, I also have a hard time spending $20-$40 on one I'll just hate and fight with for a year (or more). I had one like THIS for DD and DS and hated them both. I was constantly fighting to fit things in, and get to what I needed. I'm a big, wide, bag type purse person too. I thought about going that route. Just getting a big purse, but I think that I need/want more pockets than the average purse provides - and I'm not sure it would really be much cheaper in the end anyway.

Sigh.

Your baby will only need diapers for a couple of years, but you'll still be toting water bottles, extra clothes, papers, and who knows what else for a long time. I think of my diaper bag as being more of a "mom bag" -- I never really liked purses and only carry one when it's just me going out (which is very rare). Most of the time I still need to haul *something* for one of my older kids, or my notebook, or whatever, so I need a big bag, and I think you could justify a more expensive bag that will serve you after the baby's out of diapers. Would anyone get it for you as a Christmas gift for *you* rather than a baby gift?

Your baby will only need diapers for a couple of years, but you'll still be toting water bottles, extra clothes, papers, and who knows what else for a long time. I think of my diaper bag as being more of a "mom bag" -- I never really liked purses and only carry one when it's just me going out (which is very rare). Most of the time I still need to haul *something* for one of my older kids, or my notebook, or whatever, so I need a big bag, and I think you could justify a more expensive bag that will serve you after the baby's out of diapers. Would anyone get it for you as a Christmas gift for *you* rather than a baby gift?

Yes....this is exactly how I use my diaper bag! I probably use it for 2+yr. It is definitely a "mom bag" :)

Hmm.....Christmas gift might be a thought. It would probably have to be my mom, but she might.

I've used a lot of diaper bags over the years, but now I won't use anything other than Ju-Ju-Be. They are really well thought out bags and well worth the price for me. We have used ours everyday for 2+ years and it looks brand new. I plan on continuing to use it once the new baby is here as well. I've used several of their models, and for our needs the BFF fits perfectly.

http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/Catalog/Product/227/

This is the bag I just bought. It is great!! It has 2 pockets on the front a mesh pocket, perfect for water bottles or sippy cups, on each end and three pockets on the back. It is big enough for diapers, wipes, blanket, extra clothes for me and three kids! Plus my kindle fits perfectly in the.pockets :)

It was pricey, but there was a deal for a $5 medium utility tote for spending $35, so I got a second bag. There is a different deal for December. I actually bought a thermal to fit in one end of the bag as well.

It's been 13 years, but I was given a black backpack/diaper bag. I loved it. It came with a changing pad that slipped into a special pocket. My husband would carry it because it was black. It may have been from Lands End. I used it for both of my kiddos, and I continued to use it after my girlies were out of diapers.

I will send you one free. It's from diapers.com black recycled fabric. Ill have to look at the brand. It's good but no longer needed. I can't send it until payday, but pm me if you want it.

Sorry! I thought I responded to this. Any chance you could link me to something similar? I'd hate to take it/have you ship it if I wouldn't use it, ya know? Apparently, I'm kinda picky about diaper bags, lol.

I've used a lot of diaper bags over the years, but now I won't use anything other than Ju-Ju-Be. They are really well thought out bags and well worth the price for me. We have used ours everyday for 2+ years and it looks brand new. I plan on continuing to use it once the new baby is here as well. I've used several of their models, and for our needs the BFF fits perfectly.

I'll have to check it out!

http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/Catalog/Product/227/ This is the bag I just bought. It is great!! It has 2 pockets on the front a mesh pocket, perfect for water bottles or sippy cups, on each end and three pockets on the back. It is big enough for diapers, wipes, blanket, extra clothes for me and three kids! Plus my kindle fits perfectly in the.pockets :) It was pricey, but there was a deal for a $5 medium utility tote for spending $35, so I got a second bag. There is a different deal for December. I actually bought a thermal to fit in one end of the bag as well.

I thought about ThirtyOne. In fact, I had all but decided on THIS style, but after looking today (my friend was closing a party), the newest model doesn't look the same (structure, not print) :(

It's been 13 years, but I was given a black backpack/diaper bag. I loved it. It came with a changing pad that slipped into a special pocket. My husband would carry it because it was black. It may have been from Lands End. I used it for both of my kiddos, and I continued to use it after my girlies were out of diapers.

I really don't see myself using a backpack. I'm not sure why. I like big, floppy bags :) Thankfully, I don't really have to be concerned about DH taking it anywhere or being self conscious. A - he's not the self conscious type and B - I really can't think of any situations where he'd be taking baby somewhere without me.

googling diaper bags for twins or cloth diapers is turning up a ton of items

I'll try that, thanks!

After some research, I think I am going to buy a landend do-it-all diaper bag. Only problem is they are sold out and do not know when they will get more back in stock. They are supposedly large and only $19.99. A price I can do!

We have this one! I've used it through both boys and really liked it. My SIL used it through 4 kids and highly recommended it.

Have you considered a Miche bag? Then it would useful even after you're done with diapers. (The one I linked is just the cover, you would still need to buy the base.)

Haven't ever seen/heard of those....I'll check it out. Looks like it might be even more than the one I linked to earlier though?!?

I have a lands end one which I love. It is not the "do it all" but a smaller one. It's more upright than a regular diaper bag and smaller, but has elastic pockets to hold up to six water bottles, plus space for some diapers, wipes, snacks, etc. I use that now as my "mom bag" and it's just the right size. However I had a bigger one (which I didn't particularly like) when the twins were very little. I needed a huge bag just for the spit rags (both boys were super spitters).

ETA: I got it for like $15 but I think it was some kind of clearance sale. I can't figure out the bags section of their website or I'd link you something.

Regular price is more, but you may be able to get it on sale/special. I did see that they had a cyber sale, but I didn't pay attention to what the sale entailed. But, you also would have a base bag and could later get a new cover for when you were done with the diaper bag part. I have the base bag and a different cover. It's a very nice bag.

True. Definitely something to think about anyway!

I *greatly* prefer the hands-free aspect of a regular backpack. After six kids, including twins, I've never owned a "diaper bag" that was advertised as such (and I can't figure out why anyone would even want one, but then it's late and my brain is already in bed :tongue_smilie: ). Plus, options and colors for regular backpacks are limitless.

At first, when dd11 was born, I had a regular Jansport backpack (navy blue, so DH could carry it too) with one main pocket and one small pocket. When the twins were born, I got a bigger one, with two large compartments and an assortment of smaller ones (clothes/diapers in one large compartment, food/bottle/pump related items in the other). The small backpack now belongs to ds4, and the large one I still use on occasion for outings even though I don't have anyone in diapers anymore.

After burning through several of the free formula company sample bags that I was given at the hospital, I bought a giant, garishly colored Kalencom diaper bag from one of the baby deal a day type sites. It is big enough to carry several cloth diapers and a few changes of clothes, plus whatever miscellaneous stuff I think I will need but end up finding at the bottom of the bag months later. I think that I spent about $40 and it was well worth it. If you watch the bargain sites you can often find last season's patterns for cheap.