Menu

Autumn is having her baby I think!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the zoo's website they said they were keeping them separate more and more so that they would be used to the separation once the baby comes. Autumn and her baby will be kept away from Walter so that they can bond and so that the little one can grow and get strong.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PublicInfo_Events/Admin/NewsPDFs/GiraffeBabyWatch.pdf

Ah, thanks! :001_smile: I didn't see that. I have only looked at the home page and the facebook feed off to the side. I didn't realize they had more info elsewhere.

Well, someone better get out there with a video camera then! I didnt' invest this much time to not see this dang giraffe give birth!

That PDF also says the zoo hopes the giraffe will be "on exhibit" when she gives birth.

If that happens, then the birth won't be on camera. Autumn was "on exhibit" for hours yesterday, and not on camera.

Guest inoubliable

Nothing yet??! I've been leaving the house for hours at a time - SURE that she'll have the baby when I'm not logged on the computer and watching. I'll be gone pretty much all day at a Civil War reenactment, so she'll have it today, I just know it. :glare:

I was at a conference Friday night and all day yesterday. I thought for sure I would have MISSED her giving birth... I am shocked that she still has not had this baby!!!

I'll be so irritated if she's on exhibit when she has it. Great for visitors, but seriously, there are far more of us watching this around the nation (possibly world?) than the number of visitors at the zoo. Not that I'm bitter about the thought or anything... :D

I'll be so irritated if she's on exhibit when she has it. Great for visitors, but seriously, there are far more of us watching this around the nation (possibly world?) than the number of visitors at the zoo. Not that I'm bitter about the thought or anything... :D

:iagree: I have WEEKS invested in watching this giraffe's tail. :glare:

I'll be so irritated if she's on exhibit when she has it.

I think the exhibit includes the paddock. OTOH, I didn't see her on the paddock camera yesterday when she was on exhibit. The zoo put a lot of hay out there so she would stay there, so she could probably have accessed the paddock if she wanted a break from eating.

They have an event at the zoo this afternoon/evening. Walter will be on exhibit, so Autumn may as well have her baby in the barn then.

Edited by RoughCollie

I was at a conference Friday night and all day yesterday. I thought for sure I would have MISSED her giving birth... I am shocked that she still has not had this baby!!!

:iagree:

I can't see on either camera right now. :confused: Irritating....

She has laid down several times last week. She will probably have this baby when we are out trick or treating.

Ok. I have not seen her lay down but am probably looking at everything thinking it means that *maybe* she will go into labor. ;)

Just hopeful that I won't miss it and I can get back to a normal routine. :tongue_smilie:

Ok. I have not seen her lay down but am probably looking at everything thinking it means that *maybe* she will go into labor. ;)

Just hopeful that I won't miss it and I can get back to a normal routine. :tongue_smilie:

We should send her a get it moving along package now. Look how many of us on here are staring at her or walter's butt:lol:.

Guest inoubliable

Sooo.... nothing happened over the weekend, I take it? I just checked the cam and I'm getting a great view of the barn, only it looks completely cleaned out. Nothing but a bare, concrete (?) floor. Did I miss it??

Sooo.... nothing happened over the weekend, I take it? I just checked the cam and I'm getting a great view of the barn, only it looks completely cleaned out. Nothing but a bare, concrete (?) floor. Did I miss it??

They are cleaning out the stalls and putting down fresh bedding today :) Still no baby.

Guest inoubliable
They are cleaning out the stalls and putting down fresh bedding today :) Still no baby.

Blech. Figures. Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll be watching giraffe hoohaw for a while longer. :glare: