• 21-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-32

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this quiz has been posted on the forum in the past?

Today, I got 100%. I don't know if the score represents the first time I participated in this quiz. I know at one point, I thought Catholics believed the wine and host was symbolic. This time I got it right that it was not.

Edited by LibraryLover

I got the great Awakening question right because Sinners in the Hand of an Angry God is the right time era, and I had no idea who Finney was. I looked him up, and he was a preacher in the Second Great Awakening—so if I’d known a little more, I might have been more likely to get that one wrong.

Though associated with Buddhism, nirvana is a term in Hinduism (and Jainism) as well. I still got it right, but that question is not the best way of stating what the quiz makers meant to ask.

I got them all right, although I guessed the one about the First Great Awakening,and I agree that the one about salvation through faith alone was not properly worded - I just answered as I thought they wanted me to.

I'm an atheist. Can I be smarter than an atheist?

I think there's a misapprehension that atheists are not interested in religion. Many of us are - we just don't believe.

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

I think there's a misapprehension that atheists are not interested in religion. Many of us are - we just don't believe.

Not being interested in religion is like not being interested in people, to me. People are interesting. Usually even the ones I don't like. :D

Rosie

I got 4 wrong. I thought the Catholics believed in salvation through faith alone, too. I knew that was a big change when protestantism was founded, but I guess I thought the Catholic church had changed.

No it hasn't changed.

semantics

Exactly.

One has to read it in the contemptible tone it was meant to be read in to get what they were asking.

Hey, I thought that agnostics believe the world was created by God, but that he stepped back and let it go on without any more involvement. Where did I get that idea? Hmmmmmm....And along with that i just hit the wrong button and immediately realized it. Nirvana is a Buddhist belief, not Hindu.

So anyway, I'm tickled that I got a 28. Not bad for an old lady.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I missed the one on Nirvana too, thought it was Hinduism. So I looked it up and it is BOTH Buddhist and Hindu! So we were right on that one. That was the only one I missed.

Mary

I missed two - wasn't sure about the Great Awakening and belief in faith alone. I was looking for the trick there since as I understand it Catholics do believe in faith alone which results in other actions. Salvation is through faith. Unless I've been misunderstanding all of the Catholic explanations on here....