Menu

Once Upon a Time/ Revenge

Big OUT fans here! Dd and I watched all of last season on Netflix in preparation for this season. I wonder why a corner of the fairytale kingdom wasn't destroyed? And I'm wondering how Rumple (loved when Regina called him that!...) got the medallion?

Had to laugh--when dd first saw the wraith, she said, "Is that a Dementor?" I told her HP was NOT going to be a part of the show...I was kinda wrong, y'know?

Big OUT fans here! Dd and I watched all of last season on Netflix in preparation for this season. I wonder why a corner of the fairytale kingdom wasn't destroyed? And I'm wondering how Rumple (loved when Regina called him that!...) got the medallion?

Had to laugh--when dd first saw the wraith, she said, "Is that a Dementor?" I told her HP was NOT going to be a part of the show...I was kinda wrong, y'know?

I thought the same thing!!! I was like wth is a dementor doing there? :lol:

I'm a huge OUAT fan, too. I've been trying to figure out who the mystery man in the beginning is. Fan consensus seems to be that he's Bae, but what's with all the weird stuff he has? His apartment was filled with ham radios and cameras, and he had some weird glasses on his desk and a drawing of a heart. Hmm.

ETA: Oh, and where did Jefferson go, and why doesn't Regina remember him? Ahh! So many questions! I can't wait for Sunday. Again.

I'm a huge OUAT fan, too. I've been trying to figure out who the mystery man in the beginning is. Fan consensus seems to be that he's Bae, but what's with all the weird stuff he has? His apartment was filled with ham radios and cameras, and he had some weird glasses on his desk and a drawing of a heart. Hmm.

ETA: Oh, and where did Jefferson go, and why doesn't Regina remember him? Ahh! So many questions! I can't wait for Sunday. Again.

I think it is Bae too! He is the one who would have been in the real world but then again he was in the real world right? He camer before the curse and the curse has already been going 28 years so wouldn't he be maybe in his late 30's early 40's by now?

I think Regina knows exactly who he is but doesn't want to own up to it ya know? That was crazy how Emma touched her and all of a sudden she is magical again though. I was like that is so not cool! I adore the actress playing Sleeping Beauty she was awesome in the Tudors.

We still have no idea who Doc Whale is though. He can't be Capt. Hook. I think Capt. Hook survived on the corner of the land that wasn't destroyed though. I felt so sad for Belle and Rumple. I just wanted to smack him and say stop acting like a man!:lol:

And why did Emma's touch give Regina her magic? Will Regina be able to sustain it? What about Rumple? The fairies? If it works different they may not need their wands and the dust????

Can't wait for next week!

I watched all 3 shows. I love all of them! I want to see Emily and Jack get together. She should just tell him who she is. I'm sure he'd help her seek revenge.

I think he would become a nut case! I mean think about it, he has loved her his whole life and then he didn't even know who she was?? That would screw with a persons head!

:lol: me too!

Well it is awesome to know that my imagiation is shared with another adult on that! :lol: I think the only reason 666 looked interesting is because of Lost! I like those actors and will watch anything they are in. I was in love with M&M's music video the way you lie because "Charlie" was in it!

I really hope to see the others meet up in fairy tale land and I hope that that baby does not belong to Jack on Revenge. I felt so bad for Charlotte lastnight.

I watched all 3 shows. I love all of them! I want to see Emily and Jack get together. She should just tell him who she is. I'm sure he'd help her seek revenge.

I agree with clarkacademy that poor Jack's head would explode (he isn't the brightest of lights to begin with...). I do love Ems and Nolan as roomies, though, watching secret videotapes in their pajamas.

And Jack's expression when Nolan sniffed him was brilliant.

Would you guys take away my WTM membership card if I admitted that I am completely hooked on "Revenge"? Because I love that show. I know it's dramatic and a bit over the top, but I just love it.

Does its being based on Count of Monte Cristo (albeit very, very loosely) help at all? I tell myself it is literary! Sort of. With guns and really pretty people.

And poor, poor Daniel. He's so dim he makes Jack look like a Rhodes Scholar. Just loved it when he commented about Ashley not cheating on him and Conrad muttering something like, "Isn't she?"

I agree with clarkacademy that poor Jack's head would explode (he isn't the brightest of lights to begin with...). I do love Ems and Nolan as roomies, though, watching secret videotapes in their pajamas.

Does its being based on Count of Monte Cristo (albeit very, very loosely) help at all? I tell myself it is literary! Sort of. With guns and really pretty people.

And poor, poor Daniel. He's so dim he makes Jack look like a Rhodes Scholar. Just loved it when he commented about Ashley not cheating on him and Conrad muttering something like, "Isn't she?"[/QUOTE]

I didn't know if I should laugh or just cry on that! Strange he was raised by such manipulating people and he is all the last to know everything!

And poor, poor Daniel. He's so dim he makes Jack look like a Rhodes Scholar. Just loved it when he commented about Ashley not cheating on him and Conrad muttering something like, "Isn't she?"

I knew there was some literary value in that show!:lol: Hey, at least I'm not watching Jersey Shore.

Dd's and I discovered Once Upon a Time two weeks ago on Netflix. We were thrilled to find out that it was starting up again yesterday! We are totally hooked.

Were there two episodes on last night? If so I think we missed the first one while at church. We were rushing to get home by 8! We didn't see anyone that might be Bae. :confused:

Dd and I were wondering if Emma has magic of her own and that is why Regina got it when Emma touched her, OR if it had something to do with Emma breaking down more of the curse. We are kind of hoping that Emma has some magic of her own :D

I was upset that they separated Charming and Snow White so soon. And we are worried about Belle and Rumple. We are rooting for them :hurray:

I was so excited OUAT and Revenge were back last night. No one was allowed to talk to me while I was watching. I am not sure how I feel about 666, though. It is interesting but I don't know if I will follow it.

I totally agree about 666. I may give it another episode or two, but I can't decide if it's worth getting in to.

And, I was so bored without Revenge and Desperate Housewives, that I resorted to watching all of Pretty Little Liars as a filler and now I'm hooked on THAT!

we are huge fans here for OUAT here! I don't let the kids watch Revenge, though. However, I really do like the show. I have tried to get DH into OUAT, I think it great for the kids, they are always trying to match up who is who in which realm, etc..

We did watch 666 last night as well. It was very easy to guess the plot so I am not sure if I will dig it or not. We shall give it a bit and see.

Dd's and I discovered Once Upon a Time two weeks ago on Netflix. We were thrilled to find out that it was starting up again yesterday! We are totally hooked.

Were there two episodes on last night? If so I think we missed the first one while at church. We were rushing to get home by 8! We didn't see anyone that might be Bae. :confused:

Dd and I were wondering if Emma has magic of her own and that is why Regina got it when Emma touched her, OR if it had something to do with Emma breaking down more of the curse. We are kind of hoping that Emma has some magic of her own :D

I was upset that they separated Charming and Snow White so soon. And we are worried about Belle and Rumple. We are rooting for them :hurray:

The first was like a season 1 review. I was kinda aggravated they seperated people too. But I guess that is very fairy tale in a way

I thought the guy in the very beginning of OUAT was the Mad Hatter guy. Did you see the sign on the wall to the left of his door in his apartment? It said something like "blank and Hattery" or something. He looked different, but I thought it was him. Maybe they can leave Storybrook now.

But Bae would be better! lol

I thought the guy in the very beginning of OUAT was the Mad Hatter guy. Did you see the sign on the wall to the left of his door in his apartment? It said something like "blank and Hattery" or something. He looked different, but I thought it was him. Maybe they can leave Storybrook now.

But Bae would be better! lol

Yes I saw that sign! I was kinda confused by it actually because no it was not that actor that played the Hatter. The line up says nothing about him being a different actor this season so I have no clue.

Ever since Lost I look at everything in the background now on shows lol!

We've been reading The Lord of the Rings, and all I could think about was the Ring Wraiths. :D

I know this may get a shock from people but I have never read Lord Of The Rings! Never saw the movies either. I tried and tried and just could not get into them. The Hobbit was the first book I hated! I loved to read growing up really loved it. I hated that book. I will always remember that book because it was the first book I did not want to read.

I know this may get a shock from people but I have never read Lord Of The Rings! Never saw the movies either. I tried and tried and just could not get into them. The Hobbit was the first book I hated! I loved to read growing up really loved it. I hated that book. I will always remember that book because it was the first book I did not want to read.

The first time I read The Hobbit was this past spring with my 9 year old son. I tried reading it sooner but never saw the appeal. However, it is an awesome read aloud for a 9 year old boy. There is action around every corner, and Bilbo is a 'hero' who is easy to relate to (and I love the beautiful writing - it feels like a word feast). Together, we loved The Hobbit.

Moving onto LOTR has been more challenging. The first half (at least) of the book was pretty boring. But, I knew the good stuff was coming, so we kept plowing through. We only have about 50 pages left!! :D

Yes I saw that sign! I was kinda confused by it actually because no it was not that actor that played the Hatter. The line up says nothing about him being a different actor this season so I have no clue.

Oh, I'm so glad you said that!

Yeah, big Losties here. Dd is old enough to go thru that series with me on Netflix, too. We are up to Season 4 (where things start...um...jumping the shark?).

Did you notice the candy bars on OUAT are from Lost? :D

Here are some other LOST easter eggs in OUAT.

Yeah, big Losties here. Dd is old enough to go thru that series with me on Netflix, too. We are up to Season 4 (where things start...um...jumping the shark?).

Thank you!! I started watching that in season 4 and I got 1-3 from the library and did all 3 in one weekend!!

Ooh, I had caught some of these, but not all of them. Thanks!!

I could never get into LOST and I tried four times. I endure LOTR because I can appreciate its literary value and the talent in it and my boys LOVE it, but I don't personally like the books or the movies. I have to fight to stay awake with them and I normally NEVER do that.

My favorite theory is that the man at the beginning is Bae, and that he is also Henry's dad.

I also thought it was funny how they started the season just like they started several seasons of LOST, with a character we've never seen and happy music that doesn't necessarily fit the situation.

My favorite theory is that the man at the beginning is Bae, and that he is also Henry's dad.

I also thought it was funny how they started the season just like they started several seasons of LOST, with a character we've never seen and happy music that doesn't necessarily fit the situation.

Love that theory!!! I hadn't thought of that, but it would be a perfect twist.

My girls and I are so addicted to this show. We love it!

Ug. I'm going to have to rematch season 1 to refresh myself on all the details. Someone remind me who Bae is?

Mr. Gold's son who came over to our realm before the curse. He was mad at his dad for turning evil.

Also, the full first season is up on Netflix now. :)

Edited by MeaganS

My dd and I thought it looked like one of the spooks hanging up in Walgreens right now. :glare: Not their best effort.

Ug. I'm going to have to rematch season 1 to refresh myself on all the details. Someone remind me who Bae is?

Thank you for asking this! I was all :confused:

Mr. Gold's son who came over to our realm before the curse. He was mad at his dad for turning evil.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Yes, maybe so.

We love OUAT. It's one of the few shows that we all gather around to watch together as a family. There's so much fun in trying to figure out who is what character.

I'm was all :confused: at the beginning. Didn't even occur to me that it might be Bae b/c I was focused on the postcard. If it is him, who do you think sent it and how did they know where to find him? I do think Bae - whomever he turns out to be in the real world - will be Henry's father.

I loved the happy little family reunion at the beginning, but not so much at the end. DIL and I did NOT like Mulan.

Did anyone else catch that Prince Charming asked Dr. Whale WHO he was? That just struck me as being odd because it seems like pretty much everyone knows everyone in FTW.

I did have to laugh at DH though. It took him the entire episode for him to associate Belle with the Beauty/Beast story, despite DIL's and my conversation about it. :lol:

I read an awesome theory that he's the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, and that his cell phone/mp3 player is like the real world version of his pocket watch. That would explain the heart drawings in his apartment, too- he's the servant of the Queen of Hearts.

Well, since I saw a preview thing that showed that Captain Hook will be on Once sometime this season, and no one knows who Doctor Whale is, I wondered if there's some sort of connection.

I don't think Doctor Whale is Hook, even though he told Charming, "Your not my prince."

I think that Doctor Whale might be a grown up Peter Pan? Maybe? He likes the ladies, so he isn't a committed kinda guy--like Peter Pan isn't. But at the same time, he's a doctor, so he had to be serious enough to make it thru medical school--not like Peter Pan.

Eh--he's probably not Peter Pan.

I had just wondered aloud to DH the other night, "I wonder why we don't see more witches or giants or bad guys like that in Storybrooke, except for those keepers of Belle in the hospital basement." I guess they all got locked into that one part of the land with Mulan and Sleeping Beauty and didn't make it into our world.

Interesting idea that the guy in the beginning is Bae. But would he understand what the postcard saying, "Broken" means? He went into our world long before the curse began. Who would have sent it to him? Were the actor's eyes brown? Bae had brown eyes (which is how I knew August was never Bae, in that ep when August pretended to be Bae.)

And is August still wooden on his bed? Is he an animated piece of wood? Did Regina really not remember Jefferson? When Emma touched Regina, did Emma really transfer power, or was that a trick by Regina? Why would Emma have magical power? Her parents don't. And yes, who is Henry's father? Maybe it is the guy from the beginning of the ep. And how did Regina get him? From Gold? How did Gold get him?

Edited by Garga

I read an awesome theory that he's the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, and that his cell phone/mp3 player is like the real world version of his pocket watch. That would explain the heart drawings in his apartment, too- he's the servant of the Queen of Hearts.

That's an excellent theory, and makes very good sense, esp since The Mad Hatter is one of the few who has remembered who they were for all 28 years.

I'm was all :confused: at the beginning. Didn't even occur to me that it might be Bae b/c I was focused on the postcard. If it is him, who do you think sent it and how did they know where to find him? I do think Bae - whomever he turns out to be in the real world - will be Henry's father.

Did anyone else catch that Prince Charming asked Dr. Whale WHO he was? That just struck me as being odd because it seems like pretty much everyone knows everyone in FTW.

Someone in a different forum said that in Pinocchio, the blue fairy uses a pigeon to send a note to someone. I don't know if that's true, but it would certainly be interesting.

And Dr. Whale said, "You're not MY prince." So that means he's either someone who doesn't fall under Charming's jurisdiction in FTW, or he knows that Charming is the replacement for the real prince who got killed. I would say that maybe he somehow is the original prince, but that guy had an awfully large hole in his chest.

And is August still wooden on his bed? Is he an animated piece of wood? Did Regina really not remember Jefferson? When Emma touched Regina, did Emma really transfer power, or was that a trick by Regina? Why would Emma have magical power? Her parents don't. And yes, who is Henry's father? Maybe it is the guy from the beginning of the ep. And how did Regina get him? From Gold? How did Gold get him?

I don't think she did remember him. I've watched the episode a couple more times (don't judge :tongue_smilie:) and she really does look baffled when Emma mentions Jefferson. It seems that she really doesn't remember him. It could be that the wraith somehow screwed up her memories, but if the guy at the beginning really is the white rabbit from wonderland, that combined with Regina only forgetting Jefferson would seem to indicate that there's going to be a fairly major Wonderland subplot happening.

That's an excellent theory, and makes very good sense, esp since The Mad Hatter is one of the few who has remembered who they were for all 28 years.

Could the Mad Hatter/Jefferson remembered just because he's mad and thus not really in the real world anyway? Or was he in Wonderland when the spell was the cast, and immune to it?

Someone in a different forum said that in Pinocchio, the blue fairy uses a pigeon to send a note to someone. I don't know if that's true, but it would certainly be interesting.

And Dr. Whale said, "You're not MY prince." So that means he's either someone who doesn't fall under Charming's jurisdiction in FTW, or he knows that Charming is the replacement for the real prince who got killed. I would say that maybe he somehow is the original prince, but that guy had an awfully large hole in his chest.

Here's a good discussion on the theory of Dr. Whale being Dr. Frankenstein. Apparently the actor playing Dr. Whale has said that the fans will NEVER guess who his character really is and that it's going to be a shocker, so it's got to be something really out there. Monstro the whale from Pinnochio? Capt. Ahab?

I don't think she did remember him. I've watched the episode a couple more times (don't judge :tongue_smilie:) and she really does look baffled when Emma mentions Jefferson. It seems that she really doesn't remember him. It could be that the wraith somehow screwed up her memories, but if the guy at the beginning really is the white rabbit from wonderland, that combined with Regina only forgetting Jefferson would seem to indicate that there's going to be a fairly major Wonderland subplot happening.

I love the idea of the mystery man being the white rabbit. I'd love it even more if we get a really big Wonderland subplot. I do think we'll see more of Wonderland b/c there is still the big question of who is the Queen of Hearts? My bet is on her being Cora, and that whatever Regina did to steal the magic from her mom left her being disfigured.

OK somene refresh my memory please!! Jefferson helped Regina get the apple OK what happened after that? I am confused because they both traveled to Wonderland right? She left him behind for her father OK well then how did he get out of Wonderland to come to the real world????? Wonderland is seperate it is not fairy tale land he was stuck there doomed to make hats forever with no magic so why did he get in with the curse?

I love the idea of the mystery man being the white rabbit. I'd love it even more if we get a really big Wonderland subplot. I do think we'll see more of Wonderland b/c there is still the big question of who is the Queen of Hearts? My bet is on her being Cora, and that whatever Regina did to steal the magic from her mom left her being disfigured.

Cora? Regina sole the magic from her mom? Who is Cora? Who is Cora's mom? I just re-watched the entire show last week and I don't remember a Cora.

ETA: Looked it up. Cora is Regina's mother. Yes, I was wondering exactly how Regina got her mother's magic. So, Regina could have somehow ripped it from her own mother (Cora) and Regina's mother became the Queen of Hearts. I like that theory.

So, Regina could have somehow ripped it from her own mother (Cora) and Regina's mother became the Queen of Hearts. I like that theory.

And Regina/Evil Queen likes to keep boxes of hearts....maybe she learned it from her mother- who tore out Daniel's heart. :iagree:

OK somene refresh my memory please!! Jefferson helped Regina get the apple OK what happened after that? I am confused because they both traveled to Wonderland right? She left him behind for her father OK well then how did he get out of Wonderland to come to the real world????? Wonderland is seperate it is not fairy tale land he was stuck there doomed to make hats forever with no magic so why did he get in with the curse?

That's what I've been wondering! Did all of Wonderland fall under the curse or was it just Jefferson because he was from FTW? Loved his episode and the fact that he was Jefferson and his daughter was Grace.

Also, the Aurora we saw last night, is she not the original Sleeping Beauty? Because when Regina went to get dark curse back from Maleficent, they talked about Maleficent having been bested (or something) by Sleeping Beauty.

This page was really helpful in getting a close look at the room of whoever that guy was.

http://tvline.com/2012/09/30/once-upon-a-time-season-2-who-is-nyc-mystery-man/

I thought the Dr was the whale from Pinocchio, but then thought, well, that's stupid. But maybe he is! Why would they call him Whale? Maybe the Whale in Pinocchio is really someone who is enchanted, not a real whale at all--OUAT tends to change the stories a bit (like Red Riding Hood being a werewolf).

LOVE the thought that Bae may be Henry's dad.

I really like Rumple/Gold. He's evil, but not the same sort of evil as the Evil Queen/Regina.

:iagree: that the guy in the apartment may be the White Rabbit. Hmmmm....

I'm unsure about Regina stealing her mom's magic--what episode was that in? I just rewatched all of them and missed it.

I think Regina is really just shocked when Emma mentions Jefferson because Emma and Snow got out of Jefferson's house and made it back to town to court in time. Regina expected that if Snow used the skeleton key to get out of her jail cell, Snow would not have escaped Jefferson after he captured her. I am guessing that Jefferson never revealed their failed plan to Regina, so she didn't know that Snow and Emma met Jefferson, so it came as quite a surprise to her that they did know him.