Menu

May I brag a moment?

Congratulations! :thumbup: Very impressive!

I think I feel the need to celebrate. Now, when Dh comes home to find me eating ice cream I'll just tell him...."Well, Chris in Va's Dd made 2nd chair for viola!"

You are the winner of Most Bestest Response EVER. :lol:

Yeah, her "orchestra" is the public middle school intermediate. It's got a ton of players, but it's "unbalanced." There's one bass player. He made second chair, too. (Ba dum dump!) JK He's actually pretty amazing. :lol:

Yes, by all means brag! That's wonderful - and especially not having a private teacher. Believe me, the high school orchestra director is greedily rubbing his hands together at the thought of such a strong viola section coming his way! Violas are orchestral gold!

(By the way, has your dd listened to "The Composer is Dead" by Lemony Snicket? - she'll love it. Those poor violas stacking chairs...:lol:)

Very Big Smile!

(from a former viola player :001_smile:)

20 is a huge number. i didn't have private lessons either, but did do music and orchestra camps in the summer, and that made a huge difference. and i practiced most days (aiming for every day, but i was a young teen...). tell her congratulations from all of us, and keep up the good work!

smiling,

ann

ps. dd just started violin practice. at 8am. sigh..... we get chair seating results tonight....

snip

(By the way, has your dd listened to "The Composer is Dead" by Lemony Snicket? - she'll love it. Those poor violas stacking chairs...:lol:)

We just heard this over the summer! My sweet niece plays with the Chattanooga youth orchestra, and she introduced us to it--really funny!

You are the winner of Most Bestest Response EVER. :lol:

Yeah, her "orchestra" is the public middle school intermediate. It's got a ton of players, but it's "unbalanced." There's one bass player. He made second chair, too. (Ba dum dump!) JK He's actually pretty amazing. :lol:

I really tried. Too bad I seem to be 'celebrating' every night. Seriously though, you and Dd should be very proud.