Menu

Prayer for our oldest son please?

UPDATE:

Richard can through very good with surgery. He does have two wounds one on his tummy and one on the back where the fistula was He will have a wound vac on the latter. Dr put him in ICU as a precautionary but sounded hopeful that he would be moved to intermediate tomorrow. He was awake and alert very quickly after surgery so that was good. She said that it was a very clean surgery. She was expecting a lot of scar tissue from the previous surgeries but said you would never have know he had surgery before.

He has had a lot of spasms across his stomach. It is almost like it knocks the wind out of him.

We are now looking forward moving forward and possibly home in 5-7 days.

Some of you may remember when we spent 3 1/2 months in various hospitals the summer of 2010. Well, we are there again. Our oldest son who is in a power chair, c6 quad, has another area that is needing surgery. This one isn't near as bad but is going to be an extensive surgery. The surgeon felt that he would only need to be in the hospital for about a wk and could then do the rest of his recoup at home.

Please pray for us. We need wisdom for us and for the surgeon. We will meet with her tomorrow to make some final decissions. Mean while I am zipping between our home and the hospital(45 min away) 2 to 3 times a day. I am hoping I can go once tomorrow, spend 3-4 hrs and be back home by middle of the afternoon. I was worn out before he ended up in the hospital because of all the extra tests, late nights, early morning, extra transfers, STRESS! the list just keeps going on.

Please pray for strength for me also.

I don't know when I will be back to check this but know that I am so very grateful for your prayers. Prayer is what got us through last time.

Edited by mom4him

Thanks everyone. I have truly walked in peace today.

I got almost 9 hrs sleep last night, which felt wonderful. When I got to the hospital he had been running a low grade temp again. Come to find out someone dropped the ball and he had missed 2 iv antibiotics. That was taken care of and will possibly be ready for surgery on Thursday.

I know God has a plan and it is a good plan. Is 43:1-3 has been running through my heart all day.

I'm sorry that he missed his i.v.'s. I'm glad that you're there to advocate for him. :grouphug:

Thanks, Jean. It does concern me as I am only there about a 1/2 day each day this time around. He isn't near as sick as he was before though either so I know I can trust when he said he didn't get something or did get something. When he has surgery and a few days after I plan on being there 24/7. Please pray for my strength and energy for this.

I so appreciate the prayer support.

Richard is scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 7 a.m. The Surgeon had originally said probably Thursday but he spiked a pretty good temp again last night, lots of yuck coming out the wound, etc. She came in this morning and said she felt she just needed to go in, get it cleaned out and hopefully get him back on the way to healing.

Please keep my two youngest in prayer also, especially my youngest son. This seems to be bothering him a lot. I think he is afraid that we are headed back to when Richard was so sick two years ago and many times didn't see the kids but every 7-8 days. He gets to feeling abandoned pretty easy.

Trusting that Gods plan is in place.

Richard has had a couple very rough days. He spent the night last night 'trying' to throw up. With limited diaphragm being sick to his stomach is not easy. After the night before of no sleep and still a very sicky stomach this morning he is beyond exhausted.

Please continue to pray. He needs to be able to eat, keep it down and have the food start to digest and pass through his colostomy correctly.

Thanks to all that have stuck with us thus far. Prayer works.:)

UPDATE:

Richard can through very good with surgery. He does have two wounds one on his tummy and one on the back where the fistula was He will have a wound vac on the latter. Dr put him in ICU as a precautionary but sounded hopeful that he would be moved to intermediate tomorrow. He was awake and alert very quickly after surgery so that was good. She said that it was a very clean surgery. She was expecting a lot of scar tissue from the previous surgeries but said you would never have know he had surgery before.

He has had a lot of spasms across his stomach. It is almost like it knocks the wind out of him.

We are now looking forward moving forward and possibly home in 5-7 days.

Some of you may remember when we spent 3 1/2 months in various hospitals the summer of 2010. Well, we are there again. Our oldest son who is in a power chair, c6 quad, has another area that is needing surgery. This one isn't near as bad but is going to be an extensive surgery. The surgeon felt that he would only need to be in the hospital for about a wk and could then do the rest of his recoup at home.

Please pray for us. We need wisdom for us and for the surgeon. We will meet with her tomorrow to make some final decissions. Mean while I am zipping between our home and the hospital(45 min away) 2 to 3 times a day. I am hoping I can go once tomorrow, spend 3-4 hrs and be back home by middle of the afternoon. I was worn out before he ended up in the hospital because of all the extra tests, late nights, early morning, extra transfers, STRESS! the list just keeps going on.

Please pray for strength for me also.

I don't know when I will be back to check this but know that I am so very grateful for your prayers. Prayer is what got us through last time.

Praying.

I thought I would give an update. It looks promising that Richard will be dismissed tomorrow. His system finally seems to be getting a start and he is eating better. They want to dismiss him with a wound vac but there is something in the beginning of the surgeons notes about a fistula and Medi Care won't cover so they are trying to get that straitened out. Please pray that they can figure it out so he can continue with the wound vac. I speeds healing up greatly.

I have so appreciated the prayers and encouraging words.

Edited by mom4him