Menu

Free Classics Audiobooks

CherryBlossomMJ

Not working for me. I click thru where it says "free at audible" but shows up for full price. D i need an active audible accoutn? I have a registered email but right now am not a customer.
\

I have an account that does not have an active credit card on it. When I clicked on a book the first time it asked me to log in which I did, then it was fine.

Gullivers Travels is read by David Hyde Pierce
Only sad thing is that Jane Eyre turns out not to be free. Boo.

Did anyone get the Gulliver's Travels audiobook for free? I did get Jane Eyre for free; Gulliver's Travels was the only one that did not link to a free audiobook — it showed $9.95 in my cart, even though all the others were $0. :confused:

Jackie

Did anyone get the Gulliver's Travels audiobook for free? I did get Jane Eyre for free; Gulliver's Travels was the only one that did not link to a free audiobook — it showed $9.95 in my cart, even though all the others were $0. :confused:

Jackie

If you got the others free, Gulliver should be free as well. I just put it my cart and shows zero dollars. Before that I got The Three Musketeers for free. I better try some other books to see if there is some sort of limit.

Jackie

Maybe you didn't purchase the kindle first. I got it for free

Maybe you didn't purchase the kindle first. I got it for free

I bought the Kindle version, clicked on the link to the "free" audiobook, and then just before I hit "purchase" I noticed that that one was $9.95 and all the others were $0. So I removed it from the cart, deleted the first Kindle book purchase and re-bought it, but then there was no link to the free audiobook. That's the only book that happened with. :(

Jackie

anyone here...........guide me pls.

This is what I did. I have a kindle fire. I followed the link in the first post and selected a title that I wanted (Jane Eyre), verified it is truly free before I clicked "buy." Then, it took me to a link for audible.com. I already have an account with audible that I never use. (a few years ago I tried the free subscription for a month, then cancelled before I had to pay anything.)

Using my current, inactive audible account, I was able to get the audio version of Jane Eyre for free. This is a professionally recorded version. It went to my computer on itunes, and it also went to my kindle where I can access it on the audible app. It's also available for download on my ipod touch through the audible app.

I did this with several other books, and am storing them in the cloud until I'm ready for them.

I think if you don't have an audible account, you will need to open one. I think they have a free 30 day trial, which you will cancel within a month if you don't want to pay.

I checked my audible account. It did not upgrade me to the free/need to cancel trial.

The books I got were totally free. No strings attached.

Hope this helps.

These audio books are truly a find for me!

anyone here...........guide me pls.

I already have accounts with both Amazon & Audible, so here's how it worked for me:

(1) Click the OP's link, click on the book I want book, click "Send to Kindle," click "Buy Now with One-Click"

(2) After I buy it, there's a link on the right side of the page to get the audiobook for free; I click it.

(3) Clicking it takes me to Audible.com, where the audiobook appears in my cart.

(4) Repeat 1-3 for each book that I want.

(5) Go through the checkout procedure at Audible; total balance is $0.

I'm afraid I don't know how the process would work for someone who doesn't have Amazon/Audible accounts.

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno

I just checked the system by getting "Alice in Wonderland." It still works this morning.

If you want these audio books, it might be worth the hassle of getting an amazon and audible account. Like I said earlier, these are professionally recorded audiobooks, sometimes dramatized. Very high quality.

I think they're doing this to lure us audio book junkies into their system so eventually we'll pay the big bucks for other books. I can never bring myself to pay that much for audio books, so that is why this link is such a great find for me.

Good luck!

These are "professional" recordings from Audible.

ETA: Audible is an Amazon store, and you can use your same log in credentials for a free account.

I bought the Kindle eBook for $0.00 and then clicked the link to go to the "professional recording" page on Amazon. It said the price, the click through for a free trial etc. When I clicked it to go through to Audible, the price then shows "special price of $0.00". After adding them to my Audible cart, I double checked to make sure they were all still $0.00 and checked out. :) 27 free eBooks and 27 free "professionally recorded" audiobook classics. :)

I originally discovered it through Books on the Knob (a blog that reports freebies).

http://blog.booksontheknob.org/2012/09/free-classics-from-audible.html

To add these to your account, first "buy" the free ebook at Amazon, then click thru to the Audible listing and add that selection to your cart. Make sure that you uncheck the box to use a credit, if you do have a paid membership, then click on Update. Once you are sure that you don't have the box checked and the price is still showing as free, click to complete your order (you'll have to log in and confirm; on the confirmation page, you can double check that no credits are going to be used). Once my order was completed, I was dumped into a page wanting me to install software - if you've used Audible in the past, just ignore that page and go to your library to download or send to your Kindle, as you have always done. You can get that message to go away forever by turning off Software Verification under Account Details.

Just follow the steps above (ignore what it wants to charge on the Amazon product page).

1) buy the book at Amazon

2) go to the audible page and put the related book in your cart

3) if you have a subscription, click to uncheck the "use credit" box and click update

4) you should now see a $0.00 total - click to checkout (log in, if prompted)

5) On the confirmation page, just be sure your total is $0.00 and that you are not using any credits. If all is well, click to confirm. The next page (if not the annoying software download page) will prompt you to send the audiobooks to your Kindle

You do have to have a LINKED account in the two stores (using the same email address), in order to get these free audiobooks.

Edited by CherryBlossomMJ
eta

I think they're doing this to lure us audio book junkies into their system so eventually we'll pay the big bucks for other books. I can never bring myself to pay that much for audio books, so that is why this link is such a great find for me.

Good luck!

By following some of the freebie blogs, I get at least one free audible book a month and I have never had a paid account. Just the linked one through Amazon.

I had to come back and give thanks again! I downloaded all of the free classics, per the original post. Then, I decided to go ahead and sign up for the $14.95 membership since there was a promo for two free credits at signup. Two more books.

Well, today I thought I'd cancel the membership and start it up again closer to Christmas. When I requested cancellation, Audible offered three months of membership at half price, plus one more credit! I accepted the offer and used the credit on their BOGO classics sale for two more books.

So, 31 free audiobooks and three months of membership at $7.50... great deal!

That's awesome! I'm so glad you got such a bargain Michelle. If they are that nice in the beginning I think it might be worth it all along.

I had to come back and give thanks again! I downloaded all of the free classics, per the original post. Then, I decided to go ahead and sign up for the $14.95 membership since there was a promo for two free credits at signup. Two more books.

Well, today I thought I'd cancel the membership and start it up again closer to Christmas. When I requested cancellation, Audible offered three months of membership at half price, plus one more credit! I accepted the offer and used the credit on their BOGO classics sale for two more books.

So, 31 free audiobooks and three months of membership at $7.50... great deal!

That's awesome! I'm so glad you got such a bargain Michelle. If they are that nice in the beginning I think it might be worth it all along.

I think so. They'll be great for the kids, but I also looked around the site and saw they have most of the Great Books on my ten-year reading list. I've been struggling to find the time for it, but now I can listen to them while I hit the bubble bath. Win-win! :D