Menu

Feeling really sad right now and a bit sick to my stomach...

...my mom e-mailed me today. She said my sister couldn't sleep the other night and decided to google the name of a childhood friend. Our family and their family were best of friends for many years....all the years my sisters were growing up. I was older and was the designated babysitter. After I married, my dh and I actually lived with their family for a short while. Well, I don't want to reveal too many details because I don't want it to ever show up in a search........but, turns out one of the girls was horrifically murdered by her husband. They had a 3-month old dd at the time. She was fixing to leave him because he was abusive and she feared for her life. How could a person do that??? :crying: I'm sitting here crying....thinking of that beautiful face of this little girl we grew up with. She was the most gorgeous girl with long black hair. So sweet. Now her life is gone and she'll never be with her own daughter. Sadly their family had moved away years ago and we ended up just losing touch. We didn't even know about this until now....and it happened 6 months ago. :crying:

Edited by ~AprilMay~

...my mom e-mailed me today. She said my sister couldn't sleep the other night and decided to google the name of a childhood friend. Our family and their family were best of friends for many years....all the years my sisters were growing up. I was older and was the designated babysitter. After I married, my dh and I actually lived with their family for a short while. Well, I don't want to reveal too many details because I don't want it to ever show up in a search........but, turns out one of the girls was horrifically murdered by her husband. They had a 3-month old dd at the time. She was fixing to leave him because he was abusive and she feared for her life. How could a person do that??? :crying: I'm sitting here crying....thinking of that beautiful face of this little girl we grew up with. She was the most gorgeous girl with long black hair. So sweet. Now her life is gone and she'll never be with her own daughter. Sadly their family had moved away years ago and we ended up just losing touch. We didn't even know about this until now....and it happened 6 months ago. :crying:

:grouphug: So sad. :(

Would it help you and possibly her child for you to write down some of your remembrances of her mother? Especially things that highlighted her positive characteristics. Anything about her liking to play house or love on baby dolls? That might give the child comfort and perhaps reassure her that her mother would have wanted a relationship with her, had things been different. Mostly, just to let the child know that her mother had not been forgotten.

You could send the letter to the family, perhaps unsealed in a cover envelope so they would know what it contained. Then they could give it to the child at an appropriate time in her life.

Would it help you and possibly her child for you to write down some of your remembrances of her mother? Especially things that highlighted her positive characteristics. Anything about her liking to play house or love on baby dolls? That might give the child comfort and perhaps reassure her that her mother would have wanted a relationship with her, had things been different. Mostly, just to let the child know that her mother had not been forgotten.

You could send the letter to the family, perhaps unsealed in a cover envelope so they would know what it contained. Then they could give it to the child at an appropriate time in her life.

Aww, what a lovely idea! What a treasure that would one day be for the daughter!

:grouphug: I am so sorry for you to hear about this news after the fact and that your family is facing this pain. I will say a prayer for peace and comfort for all of you.

That is such a sweet idea!

Yes!! Try and send any thoughts/memories even pictures if you can find them and do something nice for her daughter (give her a blanket or stuffed animal..something you know her mother would have wanted for her) When someone touches our life in such a special way, I think it's a gift to have that knowledge of how they loved, how they lived to share with those who will be missing them. So sorry for your loss, and I am always amazed at how the spirit moves someone to seek out someone...our hearts never rest when we know something is not right...I like to believe it was your friend tugging on your sister's heart to help her help her child...the world is an amazing phenomena!

:grouphug: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

This is such a wonderful suggestion.

Thank you everyone for your :grouphug: and prayers. It means a lot.

Is family caring for the baby?

:grouphug:

We don't know. I would assume the other sister. The parents are in their 60's now. If not the sister, then possibly the aunt. We are trying to get some contact information, apparently over the years they had moved again....I think I can track down the aunt though.

I'll talk to my sister about this. Thank you.