1. 1. Do you eat these foods?

• Banana and mayo sandwich?
    • Banana and peanut butter sandwich?
    • Banana and nutella sandwich?
    • Pineapple and Mayo Sandwich?
    • Tomato and Mayo sandwich?
    • Cucumber and Mayo Sandwich?
    • Pear salad consisting of pear halves with mayo and cheddar cheese
    • chicken salad with grapes and walnuts mixed in (mayo of course)
    • tuna salad with tons of hard boiled eggs, DILL pickles and mayo?
    • tomato, onion and mayo salad? All diced up and mixed together?

To me, mayo has to complement some sort of meat/poultry/fish. So I would eat a BLT with mayo but not just tomato & mayo.

Cucumber sandwiches should have cream cheese on them, not mayo :ack2:

mmm I would eat it both ways... heck, I would eat cucumbers by themselves with a wee bit of mayo, salt and pepper :D

just thought this would be a fun random food poll to see what fruit/veggie sandwiches or combos people eat?

DH says I eat weirdly.

LOVE mayo! I voted for banana & mayo sandwich, but I really eat them without bread - banana with mayo on top, with a sprinkling of salty peanuts on top of that. Perfect afternoon snack!

I also eat veggies with mayo, so I voted for a few of those. Really, just about everything is better with mayo. :D

There's no "other" category. I don't care for mayo. I'll only put enough in a chicken or tuna salad to get stuff to loosely stick together. When I make chicken salad, I do chicken, halved grapes, apples, a tiny bit of mayo, curry, almonds, and a little bit of apricot jelly. It's really good! Also, I don't eat any of the banana combinations you mentioned, but when I was little my mom would make me grilled banana sandwiches. Same concept as grilled cheese, only you use thinly sliced bananas instead of cheese, and sprinkle the bananas with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar. Yum!

There's no "other" category. I don't care for mayo. I'll only put enough in a chicken or tuna salad to get stuff to loosely stick together. When I make chicken salad, I do chicken, halved grapes, apples, a tiny bit of mayo, curry, almonds, and a little bit of apricot jelly. It's really good! Also, I don't eat any of the banana combinations you mentioned, but when I was little my mom would make me grilled banana sandwiches. Same concept as grilled cheese, only you use thinly sliced bananas instead of cheese, and sprinkle the bananas with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar. Yum!

ran out of room for an "other" option, sry. Grilled bananas sounds yummy.

I don't eat any of those, because I don't usually eat sandwiches. The only ones I've never heard of are 4, 5, and 10.

I was raised on tuna fish, mayo, and sweet pickle sandwiches, though. We would always get a bowl of warm chocolate pudding with it, and we would dip our sandwiches in the pudding. That is my comfort food now, and I eat it every once in a while just for old time's sake.

I do smear peanut butter on banana slices sometimes.

Of the choices listed, I eat only these:

Pear salad consisting of pear halves with mayo and cheddar cheese

(This is also good with pineapple instead of pears. I like to toss pineapple chunks with mayo & shredded cheddar.)

chicken salad with grapes and walnuts mixed in (mayo of course)

(I prefer slivered almonds to walnuts, though, and I often substitute diced apples for grapes.)

tuna salad with tons of hard boiled eggs, DILL pickles and mayo

(I eat this without eggs too, and sometimes I put sweet relish instead of dill.)

I do NOT eat tomato sandwiches or pineapple sandwiches because 1) I can't stand the way the bread gets soggy, and 2) I don't like tomatoes with mayo on them.

I'm not a big fan of bananas, and I especially don't like them with peanut butter. If I eat bananas, they have to be plain or in fruit salad.

I eat all these things :confused::confused::confused: I got alot of "strange" sandwich ideas from Moosewood cookbooks and now I eat anything on a sandwich. I really like whole wheat wraps too, just everything wrapped up instead of bread. I like carrot salad sandwich. You know, that salad with shredded carrot, pineapple and raisins, mixed with a little mayo except not juicy, just all the ingredients piled in a wrap.

I also like sandwiches/wraps with white fish flaked, shredded purple cabbage, and mango chutney. YUM!!!

ETA: Oh wait, technically I do not eat Nutella because I am dairy free, but I do make my own version :D

I eat all these things :confused::confused::confused: I got alot of "strange" sandwich ideas from Moosewood cookbooks and now I eat anything on a sandwich. I really like whole wheat wraps too, just everything wrapped up instead of bread. I like carrot salad sandwich. You know, that salad with shredded carrot, pineapple and raisins, mixed with a little mayo except not juicy, just all the ingredients piled in a wrap.

I also like sandwiches/wraps with white fish flaked, shredded purple cabbage, and mango chutney. YUM!!!

ETA: Oh wait, technically I do not eat Nutella because I am dairy free, but I do make my own version :D

sounds good to me. I am a huge wrap fan :)

Can't believe NO ONE shares my love of pineapple sandwiches..y'all don't know what you are missing. They are DELICIOUS (in high pitched singing voice)

Never heard of this combo, but now that I have, I'll give it a try sometime. Sounds yummy! (Do you use only fresh pineapple, or sometimes canned-drained)?

The bolded part - I never heard of this either, but it sounds delicious, too!

OP, my dh thinks I eat weirdly too! I feel sorry for him (and others) who DON'T eat that way!!!

Another combo I like is lettuce and mayo. Of course, tomato and/or cukes can be added! :D

Never heard of this combo, but now that I have, I'll give it a try sometime. Sounds yummy! (Do you use only fresh pineapple, or sometimes canned-drained)?

I don't fool with fresh pineapple. Too much work. I keep cans of sliced pineapple in the fridge.. has to be as cold as the mayo :)

Another good pineapple food, imo, is pineapple "dip" just a can of crushed pineapple drained (put the liquid to the side, you may need a bit to thin out the dip, whipped with a block of cream cheese. I eat it with baked lays potato chips.. delish :D

Edited by Mandylubug

Another good pineapple food, imo, is pineapple "dip" just a can of crushed pineapple drained (put the liquid to the side, you may need a bit to thin out the dip, whipped with a block of cream cheese. I eat it with baked lays potato chips.. delish :D

That sounds so good. Now if only the rest of my family didn't have dairy problems.... :glare:

I don't fool with fresh pineapple. Too much work. I keep can's of sliced pineapple in the fridge.. has to be as cold as the mayo :)

Ohhhhh - you are making me SO hungry! :D

The dip is definitely something else I will try!

I voted peanut butter and banana. That's been one of my faves since I was little. One of my earliest memories is being in a restaurant in Sacramento, Tiki something or other. There was no peanut butter and banana sandwich menu like my mom and the other adults in my house told me there would be. I started to cry. The waitress asked what was wrong and someone told her. The chef made me a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

My all time fave though is sprouts, cream cheese, and avacado. Yummy!

I voted peanut butter and banana. That's been one of my faves since I was little. One of my earliest memories is being in a restaurant in Sacramento, Tiki something or other. There was no peanut butter and banana sandwich menu like my mom and the other adults in my house told me there would be. I started to cry. The waitress asked what was wrong and someone told her. The chef made me a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

My all time fave though is sprouts, cream cheese, and avacado. Yummy!

ooh sounds lovely. guacamole is one of my all time favorite foods....well, anything with avocado. I just LOVE it. I don't believe I have ever ate sprouts..unless those are those little white things in japanese(I think or is that chinese?) noodles that are crunchy....

I don't fool with fresh pineapple. Too much work. I keep cans of sliced pineapple in the fridge.. has to be as cold as the mayo :)

NOOOOooooooo! Canned pineapple is a pale imitation. Pineapple is easy once you get practicing. And so satisfying on a bad day: whack, whack, whacking with a big knife. :D

Not with mayo. I voted for one, but I would have to reject the mayo.

I can't see mayo on a salad beyond potato.

Mayo is for bread!

I would be happy to discuss avocado, cheddar cheese, & lettuce sandwiches, however.

I don't like Nutella, I don't like banana, not a huge peanut butter fan, but I could bring myself to a cheese and tomato sandwich with a swipe of mayo...on the bread! :) lol Truth be told, mashed avocado is much better than mayo.

Edited by LibraryLover

I am not eating any of those things.

I don't care that much for mayo.

I might put some in chicken salad/potato salad but I don't like canned tuna.

I am allergic to dairy, so no nutella or cheese.

I don't want a banana and peanut butter sandwich.

I will eat tomatoes with a little salt or balsamic but I don't involve bread without a little more substance involved.

Edited by Sis