Menu

We are getting a Trader Joe's!

Honey Sesame Cashews! yum. :D In the freezer section, packaged organic brown rice and terryaki chicken. The marinade called Island Soyaki (really good on chicken when grilled especially!) In the refrigerated section, Mango Chicken Sausage.

Their spiced apple cider, 21 seasoning salute (great all purpose seasoning), dried apple rings, and pumpkin butter.

These are our favorites.

I am SO very, very, very jealous. We need one in Oklahoma so badly.

Do a search. There are several "what do you like to by at TJs" threads.

I know, but I also read that they introduce 18 new products a week, so I figured something could have changed. :D

Christmas (Peppermint) Jo Jos :) Organic Vodka Sauce (for pasta), Organic Blue Corn Chips, These little tamales...., Organic Animal Crackers, these fruit popsicles...(can't remember what they're called, but they're blended fruit in "otter like" packaging), Fruit leather, Licorice Scotty Dogs, Organic Fruit/potatoes, really good yogurt. Yogurt drinks for kids (wildberry or strawberry) The yogurts like "go-gurts" but organic, Dried Bananas :) YUM!! I can go into a Trader Joe's and shop in about 10 minutes for what I usually buy. It's awesome!! :) (Oh yes, organic juice is good, too! )

Are you in Houston? We're getting on here too! I haven't shopped at one since we lived in CA. We left CA in 2007.

Yes, but very far to the west. The closest to me will be Memorial City, but I might drive to the Woodlands next week just for the experience. :001_smile:

Yes, but very far to the west. The closest to me will be Memorial City, but I might drive to the Woodlands next week just for the experience. :001_smile:

Cool! We're in the NW area (Fairbanks). I didn't realize they were opening so soon! I may be driving to Woodlands on Monday anyways, will have to check their site and see if they'll be open on Monday. :)

Cool! We're in the NW area (Fairbanks). I didn't realize they were opening so soon! I may be driving to Woodlands on Monday anyways, will have to check their site and see if they'll be open on Monday. :)

I think they open of Fri.

maple syrup (in a bottle shaped like a wine bottle)

tortilla shells

ciabatta rolls

tamales (frozen)

gingersnaps (I mentioned these in your other thread. I think they are called triple ginger snaps. They are sooo good!)

Love so many of their items, but these are what we get every time we go.

Oh! For some reason I thought you were more in the FW area. We are getting one on the 15th! I am just. so. excited. DH asked me not to go on opening day so I wouldn't get trampled and I had to tell him the TJ's has a different vibe than Walmart :D

I know!!! I am so excited I can barely stand it!

I love their Jo-Jo's, the Chai latte mix, the juice boxes, the coffee, oh I just love it all!

My in-laws are thrilled that there will be a TJ's in TX, and they're all the way in Wichita Falls! :lol:

As for the Jo-Jo's, my dh loves the candy cane jo-jo's so much that he started a FB page for them, and he found out that those cookies have followers all over the world!

Oh! For some reason I thought you were more in the FW area. We are getting one on the 15th! I am just. so. excited. DH asked me not to go on opening day so I wouldn't get trampled and I had to tell him the TJ's has a different vibe than Walmart :D

I will be honest and say that I am scared to go on opening day! Then again, I am scared they will run out of stock and it wouldn't be worth it for me to go until next month :tongue_smilie:.

Houston has been talking about this for as long as I have lived here, I think it will be a complete mad house. :D

SOme of our staples that I can think of: (what I have bought in the past month or so)

Pizza dough and sauce in the refridgerated section (we make bread sticks and dip them in the sauce)

Canadian bacon (breakfast sandwiches)

Cheddar cheese sticks

Goat cheddar for dd4

Refridgerated salsas

Various cheeses for snacking on

Mixed shredded cheeses for quick dinners-Mexican for enchiladas, and an Italian blend (don't remember the name) for quick cheesy pastas

Fruits/veggies

Trader joes cereals are pretty good, but the also have good prices on common brands like Kashi

Apples and cinnamon instant oatmeal

"Apple Walks into a Bar" and the various other flavors (like an Nutrigrain bar)

Granola bars dipped in chocolate and other flavors (we eat them like candy bars)

Coffees (we also buy their little instant packs for the cabin)

Corn tortiallas (we use them for enchiladas and fried tacos)

Pocket breads

Middle Eastern Flat bread

Their breads are good, but we prefer Killer Daves ( a local brand)

Salad mixes and the Ceasar dressing

Spinache pizzas (little circle pizzas precooked with spinache in the refridge section)

Blueberry waffles

Cheese cake (I keep it frozen and just thaw one piece at a time--Im the only cheese cake eater here)

Ice cream treats

Frozen mini pizzas

Frozen fruits

Frozen mixed veggies

Roasted corn

Frozen bell peppers

Frozen lemonaide concentrate

The mini chocolate chip cookies and Jo Jo cookies.

Various candies but the chocolate almonds, dark cocolate mints and caramels are almost always in my house.

Pasta sauces and pastas

Chicken Chili

Cuban black beans and refried beans (we use them in tacos)

Canned tomotoes, especially the fire roasted

Canned coconut milk

Maple syrup

Peanut butters

Jarred fruits

Apple sauces

honey

Rice blends

TJs toothpaste

Eggs

Organic Milk

Soy yogurt

Yogurt

Cottage cheese

Potato chips (I will buy their corn chips but like Costcos better)

Mini bags of popcorn

Carmel corn

Lots of trail mixes, nuts and dried fruits

Luna bars

Corn salsa in the jar

Olives-assorted

Garlic mustard-yellow mustard-spicy mustard....

Round crackers (like ritz)

Garganzola crackers

rice crackers

peanut butter crackers

Cheese crackers

beer and wine. :0)

Fresh baked bread

First stop is at the back of the store where they hand out free samples. Sometimes, they will walk right up to you when you are looking at a label and offer to open the box for you and give you a sample. (I got hooked on rice crispy treats that way.)

I love thier dairy free chocolate chips so much that when I moved to another state, I make twice yearly trips 1:15 hours away to stock up on chips. I buy a dozen bags at a time.

:party:

Love the Honey Nut "cheerios", the apple granola, we get all out vitamins and supplements there too. Adore the seasonal goat cheese log with cranberries too.

The soy corn dogs, chocolate covered bananas, chocolate covered cherries, oh my how I love TJ's!!

Two words: Orange Chicken! It's in their freezer section and oh, so good!! I love their produce too, it's generally better than any of the other grocery stores around here. There are a lot of other products I love as well but others have mentioned them. :)

Have fun!!

I'm so very jealous! We need one in Colorado! But when my friend goes to California, I always send her with some extra cash for some vanilla...I don't know what it is but their vanilla is the best I have ever used. I also love their coffee...well not me but my husband.

I love TJ's. We have one just about a mile from us. I like their dairy products - milk, sour cream, butter, etc. My dh just about lives on their yogurt. Their fondue rocks, but they only carry it around Christmas time. They have lots of yummy stuff!

breakfast cereal

cuban black beans

red thai curry sauce

frozen berries and berry mixes

soy yogurt

soy cream cheese

walnut pieces

fancy cheese (but not basics)

whole wheat english muffins

whole wheat tortillas

whole wheat pasta

guacamole kit

hummus

tabuleah

chicken sausages

vegan chocolate

whole grain pita chips

TJ's is supposed to open in Sarasota sometime in July. We are so excited to finally have them here in FL! Naples, Sarasota, and hopefully other locations in the near future, too. It's nice not to have to leave suitcase space for our favorites every time we travel to a TJ's city, plus we can now get refrigerated/liquid items. Yay!

Some of my picks:

Maple cookies

Berry granola

Handmade tortillas

Chocolate bars (3-pack)

Harvest Grains

Wild Rice blend

General Tsao stir-fry sauce (really hoping they still sell this!)

We LOVE TJ! My kids love it because they have a stuffed frog named Reedy (named after the local river that runs through town) and if they find him, they get to pick a treat out of the treasure chest. Makes for a fun visit!

We love

Orange Chicken

Fried Rice & Veggies

All their frozen veggies

Esp Asparagus

Granola Bars

Toothpaste

Pizza dough and sauce

Chicken Sausages

Mint Tea Bags

Fresh Bread

Jo Jo cookies

Star Dark Chocolate Cookies (Christmas time)

Blue cheese dip

Kale

I'm sure there is more...but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

We are lucky to have Costco, Trader Joes and Whole Foods within 4 traffic lights of each other so I enjoy a day of shopping at them all for my healthy treats!