Menu

I am going to make a controversial statement!

There is more than one way to raise a happy, healthy, productive child to be a good adult.

AP, Ezzo, Traditionalist....whatever. They can all work when balanced by COMMON SENSE, kindness and love.

Moreover, some parents may used different methods on different kids in the SAME FAMILY depending on the needs of the kids.

this is very controversial. I hope I don't get banned. :)

(I've been reading various blogs on parenting today for a set of articles I'm writing. Some of the comments are :001_huh::lol: and:glare:)

:iagree:

(There is also more than one way to have a healthy marriage, healthy friendships and healthy interactions with society with or without make-up.)

now you have really done it! This thread will be closed. Thanks alot JEAN! :tongue_smilie:

There is more than one way to raise a happy, healthy, productive child to be a good adult.

AP, Ezzo, Traditionalist....whatever. They can all work when balanced by COMMON SENSE, kindness and love.

Moreover, some parents may used different methods on different kids in the SAME FAMILY depending on the needs of the kids.

(I've been reading various blogs on parenting today for a set of articles I'm writing. Some of the comments are :001_huh::lol: and:glare:)

Don't ya know COMMON SENSE went out the window decades ago.:tongue_smilie:

Oh, bless your heart, hon. I know you mean well, but there is only One True Way to raise kids *right*, and it is my solemn duty to share it with you. My oldest is 5, you know, and naturally my success up to this point is completely due to Doing Things Right, and will of course continue right through adulthood. I do hope you see the errors of your ways before it is Too Late and your kids are Irredeemably Ruined.

;):lol:

Oh, bless your heart, hon. I know you mean well, but there is only One True Way to raise kids *right*, and it is my solemn duty to share it with you. My oldest is 5, you know, and naturally my success up to this point is completely due to Doing Things Right, and will of course continue right through adulthood. I do hope you see the errors of your ways before it is Too Late and your kids are Irredeemably Ruined.

:lol::lol::smilielol5: :smilielol5:

(shades of A A Milne, forsooth!)

Edited by Caitilin

Can't agree with Ezzo in there. The only common sense when it comes to Ezzo which is as bad as the pearls is to burn the books written by them.

Otherwise I agree completely.

Oh My Goodness- this would be funny if I hadn't run into more than my share of people like this...actually, now, it IS funny as we're through most of our child-RAISING. We're in the 20-something stuff, mostly, and it's a whole 'nudder ballgame. But, we're enjoying it.

(There is also more than one way to have a healthy marriage, healthy friendships and healthy interactions with society with or without make-up.)

:iagree:

Jean is a trouble maker. I'm still working to outdo her in posts and I just can't seem to catch up to her. :D

kidding Jean...:grouphug:

stirthepot.gif

:lol::lol::lol: I needed a smile this afternoon.