Menu

Fun Poll: If you were a food, what would you be?

I would be a cashew.

Cashews are not for everyone (I can't please everyone)

Cashews come in bits and pieces but are best enjoyed whole (kind of like me)

Cashews are nutty (no comment needed there)

Cashews are crunchy on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside (my hard exterior only hides my sensitive interior)

Cashews are natural plus a little salt (what you see if what you get, I'm a little salty as well)

Lol. This reminded me of a conversation I had with DH about what sort of memorial tree we should plant for each other. I said I'd plant a camellia for him: nice face, but is always dropping stuff everywhere. I told him to plant a lemon tree for me. I'm a bit sour at times, but I have my uses...

:)

Rosie

Lol. This reminded me of a conversation I had with DH about what sort of memorial tree we should plant for each other. I said I'd plant a camellia for him: nice face, but is always dropping stuff everywhere. I told him to plant a lemon tree for me. I'm a bit sour at times, but I have my uses...

:)

Rosie

Rosie,

You have the best sense of humor! I love it. Right up my alley.

I think this came from the Saving Dinner cookbook from Flylady with some modifications.

Pineapple Avocado Salsa

1 can crushed pineapple in juice

1 avocado, diced

6 (or so) green onions sliced

1/4 tsp (or more) cayenne pepper

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp ground ginger

1 Tblsp chopped cilantro

1 Tblsp lime juice

Combine everything together. I sometimes add more avocado if I have extra. I make it up ahead of time to let the flavors combine. I brown some chicken breasts, put some honey over them, cover and cook until done. I also make brown rice and serve the chicken with some of the juices over the rice with the salsa on the side. I guess I've never eaten it with anything else, but it's also really good plain, by the spoonful. :tongue_smilie: