Menu

Mayo or Miracle Whip?  

1. 1. Mayo or Miracle Whip?

• Mayo
    • Miracle whip
    • Other

ETA: Just curious if you mayo eaters would order a sandwich that said mayo....and if it came with MW instead....do you think you would notice?? I would definitely noctice if it were the other way around.

In a heartbeat.

There is no reason for it to be *sweet*. Why on earth does anyone need sugar on a sandwich?

I voted other because for me it's both. I prefer Miracle whip in deviled eggs and egg salad (probably because my mom is a MW only person so I grew up with it) I prefer Mayo on a sandwich, burger, or chik fil a sandwich.

I've never tried making my own mayo because I don't think it would keep long enough to be worth it.

I have no idea what miracle whip is. I hate Mayo. We use salad cream.

What in heaven's name is salad cream? I see you're in the UK... please enlighten us. :)

Miracle Whip I think has been explained elsewhere on the thread. It's similar to mayo in some ways (eggs, oil, vinegar), but apparently it has less of something (was developed during Depression as a cheaper alternative), and sugar/high fructose corn syrup and "spices" added.

What in heaven's name is salad cream? I see you're in the UK... please enlighten us. :)

Miracle Whip I think has been explained elsewhere on the thread. It's similar to mayo in some ways (eggs, oil, vinegar), but apparently it has less of something (was developed during Depression as a cheaper alternative), and sugar/high fructose corn syrup and "spices" added.

I did a search and the best I can figure out is that it is like a runny, mustardy Miracle Whip. :D

Mayo

I have never used or tasted miracle whip. not sure what it is but I am guessing it is fake cream?

Miracle Whip is salad dressing.

From Wikipedia

Miracle Whip is a white salad dressing manufactured by Kraft Foods, … . It is often used as an alternative to mayonnaise in recipes, although it is sweeter and has additional ingredients.

Mayo

I have never used or tasted miracle whip. not sure what it is but I am guessing it is fake cream?

Kraft Salad Dressing (found Down Under) tastes the closest to Miracle Whip. I grew up in a Miracle Whip family & would choose that option when available. Down Under any mayo seems to be the least prefered choice. Even egg salad, tuna, etc. isn't normally made with mayo products.

I voted "other" because I use both. It depends on what it's for. Miracle Whip isn't just sweeter, it's tangier than mayo, too.

My grandmother's deviled eggs? Must be Miracle Whip. That's true for coleslaw, broccoli salad and egg salad. Oh, and tomato sandwiches in the summertime.

Potato salad must be made with mayo, though.

DH despises MW (except in the above recipes). I use either one on a sandwich, depending on what I'm in the mood for.

I have never tasted Miracle Whip, and I do not like mayo plain (like on a sandwich).

If it is mixed with mustard and protein like deviled eggs or chicken salad then I like mayo. I like ranch dressing, mayo mixed with chipoltle spice, and mayo mixed with Italian salad dressing (on an Italian sub.)

My dh likes both. I buy mayo made with olive oil.

Mayonnaise. Hellman's.

And yes, if I ordered something with mayo and it came with MW, I'd notice. I'd probably send it back and I'm not a complainer. But, you can't substitute MW for mayo just because it's the same color anymore than you can serve a piece of poop and call it a brownie just because it's brown. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

DH hates mayo and everything and anything else that resembles mayo -and he doesn't let ds eat it either, so I voted "other" for "none"...:leaving:

My husband hates mayo & miracle whip & sour cream & tartar sauce (and considers them all pretty much the same thing). None of my 4 children will eat any of those, either (although one of them will use it for tuna salad). As the only one in the house that will eat anything in the mayo family, I rarely buy it. I don't see much difference, and buy whichever I am in the mood for. My tuna-eating son doesn't seem to notice a difference, either.

Yes. :ack2:

If the sandwich has that distinctive "sweet" taste -- then I've been poisoned with MW. I hate it. I usually send back the sandwich or refuse to eat it -- if my MIL (who loves MW) made it.

In a heartbeat.

There is no reason for it to be *sweet*. Why on earth does anyone need sugar on a sandwich?

Mayonnaise. Hellman's.

And yes, if I ordered something with mayo and it came with MW, I'd notice. I'd probably send it back and I'm not a complainer. But, you can't substitute MW for mayo just because it's the same color anymore than you can serve a piece of poop and call it a brownie just because it's brown. :D

Dang! I wish you'd all go to the restaurant I used to work at and order the sandwiches....then demand that you want that MW off....you want a refund because she advertises mayo....give her a wake up call!

Hee hee hee (wringing my hands and devilishly laughing!) :lol:

Look at the tag. :lol: